Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Need to stop listening to talk sport in the car. “In order for Liverpool to catch Man City next season they will need to spend extensively. City will obviously spend, and United and Chelsea will bring in reinforcements. Woolwich are likely to spend with their new manager in place too, so Liverpool can’t afford to stand still.” There’s someone missing there, who could it be....?

Read the analysis of Liverpool's season post 'Balegate', no mention of the huge sums they coughed up, waxing lyrical about how Klopp has brought back the good times and spirit... It's exactly this reason I wanted them to lose the final.

Was sat with a Liverpool mate in the pub watching the final. When Bale came on I said "that's it, two goals, he's a champion" to which he said "what do you mean a 'champion'?". I said "He has won many a game single handedly in the past for Spurs and he will do the same again for Real"...

So at the end of the season, no mention of us doing well in Europe, playing away from home, not spending big, FA-semi... just how great Liverpool are... well screw them

Of the top five clubs in England Tottenham and Liverpool cannot afford him, Chelsea would also struggle financially. Manchester City don’t see him as a priority and while he has been a United target in the past their priorities lie elsewhere since signing Alexis Sanchez in January. That could change.

Not bias against us but shows how bias re other teams.
Daily Mail talking about Bale. I agree we could not afford him but also Liverpool. However what got me was top 5 and no mention of Woolwich.

Gareth Bale: Real Madrid forward will not join former club Tottenham

I don’t think we will sign Bale. However how can you publish an article with a title that comes across as very factual and set in stone and then you back it up with no quotes, no sources and pretty much just give your opinion that the price would make it unrealistic.

Are these guys paid to give us news? If you want to just air your opinion surely just stick to twitter.

I was about to post the same thing. Passing an opinion piece off as fact with a misleading title.

It may well turn out to be correct in the end, but it's indicative of the slow death of journalism, where opinion is taking the place of corroborated fact.

I don’t think we will sign Bale. However how can you publish an article with a title that comes across as very factual and set in stone and then you back it up with no quotes, no sources and pretty much just give your opinion that the price would make it unrealistic.

Are these guys paid to give us news? If you want to just air your opinion surely just stick to twitter.

I was about to post the same thing. Passing an opinion piece off as fact with a misleading title.

It may well turn out to be correct in the end, but it's indicative of the slow death of journalism, where opinion is taking the place of corroborated fact.
I'm giving this one a mild pass as it has the smell of a club-talking-to-the-journalist piece about it. No quotes but definitely true, if you catch my drift.

And I hate the BBC.

Need to stop listening to talk sport in the car. “In order for Liverpool to catch Man City next season they will need to spend extensively. City will obviously spend, and United and Chelsea will bring in reinforcements. Woolwich are likely to spend with their new manager in place too, so Liverpool can’t afford to stand still.” There’s someone missing there, who could it be....?

West Ham?

Leaked by the club to snuff out rising expectations among the fanbase?

:levyeyes:

'Missing' would suggest they forgot about us...
I honestly think we're past petty forgetfulness...
The Press are conditioned (or told) not to bother bringing our name into the equation when it comes to transfers above £30.00 & a Bag of crisps... as it further, (and somewhat subtly) keeps the story rolling away in our subconscious, that we never do, nor never will spend big.

Shows the levels of achievement

It used to be the sky 4 of utd chavs pool goons

Then shitty got all their cash and took our spot as pool fell down the league

And now all 6 challenge .., it's a tough gig these days
Remember that early this season it was the "Big Three". City, United, and Chelsea were a step above and couldn't be touched.

The thing with the media, is this constant narrative around us, that everything about us is a joke, the manager, the players, yet when someone else wants anyone, they are then world class

Its complete madness, I used to get angry at people I work with who believe things they see on Facebook and hear on Talksport where as now I just feel happy for them, well done for getting to adulthood even though you are a complete and utter idiot

Back
Top Bottom