Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If tomorrow night's game had been played at 2:00pm today, I'd have been highly surprised had there not been a highlights package shown on MOTD in the evening. I'm less surprised that our game isn't even mentioned.

If tomorrow night's game had been played at 2:00pm today, I'd have been highly surprised had there not been a highlights package shown on MOTD in the evening. I'm less surprised that our game isn't even mentioned.

It's strange considering it was ON the BBC earlier today.

They showed yesterdays game's after the Premier League games last night.

Ridiculous.

It's strange considering it was ON the BBC earlier today.

They showed yesterdays game's after the Premier League games last night.

Ridiculous.

In fairness to the BBC, they are showing an important panel game repeat in the 30 minutes following the shortened MOTD tonight.

:pochbye:

I was away all day and missed the whole game yesterday. Stayed awake after a long day to watch us on MoTD, but all I got was Mark Lawrenson being all-Gareth Keenan to Jurgen Klopp on the pitch at Anfield.
I detest the Liverpool boys all over TV.

So the Times football podcast unanimously decided that we will finish outside of the of the Top 4 now.

- No analysis of who still has which teams to play and which might be more or less difficult.
- No actual news or diagnosis of his injury or how long he might be out.
- No mention of other teams injuries or suspensions.

It's just DONE and decided, 5th at best for us.
Just quoting this post to put in this thread. Seems relevant!

Here is another thing.......may be it's just me but have you noticed that, when the media talks about Woolwich they talk about Woolwich. Nothing wrong so far until that is when they start talking about Spurs. When they talk about Spurs they start talking about Woolwich. They find it impossible to talk about Spurs without bringing them into it.

Jim White on TS earlier today "Let's talk about Spurs, send us your tweets get in touch on 287363743q74 he then spent the next 15mins reading out tweets from gooners and taking calls from gooners saying they have a bigger knob......

On topic, I read about Neymar expressing an interest in moving to the PL at some stage.

He said:

"I like the playing style and the teams. And who knows, someday, I would like to play at it, yes.

"I admire Manchester United, Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool - these are the teams that are always there fighting.

Now, there could be many reasons why he said that or thinks that, but it's been a few seasons (potentially 4?) now since United finished higher than us, and Liverpool have finished above us what, once, in this decade?

On topic, I read about Neymar expressing an interest in moving to the PL at some stage.

He said:

"I like the playing style and the teams. And who knows, someday, I would like to play at it, yes.

"I admire Manchester United, Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool - these are the teams that are always there fighting.

Now, there could be many reasons why he said that or thinks that, but it's been a few seasons (potentially 4?) now since United finished higher than us, and Liverpool have finished above us what, once, in this decade?
They are still more famous as world names than we are.

Plus, of course, they pay more.... ;)

They are still more famous as world names than we are.

Plus, of course, they pay more.... ;)

He didn't mention City, even though he made reference to Pep, which I thought was odd.

It always feels like Liverpool and Man Utd are heavily pushed in the media as good clubs, despite being shit for years now.

Back
Top Bottom