Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/telefootball/status/1766851122524811760?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

For this to be the headline they choose after that game?

Surely the story to get Hackett involved this weekend was Havertz red?

If you weren’t sure there is a media bias, this garbage should answer your doubts

Clearly shows the person writing that article has never played a game of football in their life. Actually anyone who doesn't think that was a red card has never played the game.

If someone did that type of tackle in a local Sunday/Saturday league or five a-side there would be an absolute riot.

There the worst types of tackles because there was literally no attempt to play the ball, just purely the intention to hurt Udogie.

If anything he should get longer than a 3 match ban.

I very rarely venture onto this thread as it just winds me up. But I had to post this. It must have been on MOTD, and the commentator said when we scored our 4th, that it was verging on cruel.
Can you imagine such a comment applied to goons, etc?
Not even a surprise anymore.
I likened it to a boxing match when the ref should really step in and stop it.
Instead they added 10 minutes of time added on. Villa players looked like they were gonna collapse even before the 4th.

It does beg the question, other than us padding our GD, what is there to gain by adding 10 minutes to a game like that?

Instead they added 10 minutes of time added on. Villa players looked like they were gonna collapse even before the 4th.

It does beg the question, other than us padding our GD, what is there to gain by adding 10 minutes to a game like that?
You answered your own question there :)

Yesterday during half time, the headline on Sky Sports read "Villa on top against Spurs in cagey affair". Does a well worked set piece towards the end of the first half and absolutely nothing else constitute as on top? To think Villa were "on top" at any point in the 90 minutes shows a shocking misunderstanding of the game at best.

It's about everybody playing the same length of games.... It's called sporting integrity.

Yesterday during half time, the headline on Sky Sports read "Villa on top against Spurs in cagey affair". Does a well worked set piece towards the end of the first half and absolutely nothing else constitute as on top? To think Villa were "on top" at any point in the 90 minutes shows a shocking misunderstanding of the game at best.
Oddly disjointed too, as the commentary weren't saying anything like that.
I didn't watch the morons in the studio as always, but actual match commentators acknowledged this wasn't very good from them.

Clearly shows the person writing that article has never played a game of football in their life. Actually anyone who doesn't think that was a red card has never played the game.

If someone did that type of tackle in a local Sunday/Saturday league or five a-side there would be an absolute riot.

There the worst types of tackles because there was literally no attempt to play the ball, just purely the intention to hurt Udogie.

If anything he should get longer than a 3 match ban.
tbf, you see a fair few of those types of tackles in Sunday league football, such is the standard of reffing. Completely agree though. It was reckless and had no regard for the safety of the opponent, indeed endangered the opponent. Ergo it is a red. The "he wasn't badly injured" brigade do not understand the rules.

tbf, you see a fair few of those types of tackles in Sunday league football, such is the standard of reffing. Completely agree though. It was reckless and had no regard for the safety of the opponent, indeed endangered the opponent. Ergo it is a red. The "he wasn't badly injured" brigade do not understand the rules.

Just underlines the fact that Cash also deserved red........ In each of our last 3 games.

In Sunday League you'd get knocked-TFO for that shit.

Goldstein on talksport: would spurs fans give up champions League place next year if it meant Woolwich don't win the league?

Thundercunt of a human being.

Back
Top Bottom