McGinn to the Lane?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proved today he would improve our first eleven
First time I saw him play was Saturday. I don't think he would improve us but he's a tidy player, ripped Rose a new arsehole and played one of the passes of the game from deep to split us wide open. Quite like the dynamic between him and Grealish who rotate their position somewhat with one dropping while the other pushed on, then switching that throughout the game making it difficult for us to pick up at times but both quite effective in either role.

First time I saw him play was Saturday. I don't think he would improve us but he's a tidy player, ripped Rose a new arsehole and played one of the passes of the game from deep to split us wide open. Quite like the dynamic between him and Grealish who rotate their position somewhat with one dropping while the other pushed on, then switching that throughout the game making it difficult for us to pick up at times but both quite effective in either role.
If he had split us wide open, they would have scored.
He played a great pass that both the attacker and defender got to and the defender came out on top.
Close but no cigar............. The rest of the game passed him by, and had a Spurs player been as ineffectual, (beyond those 2 incidents) there would have been a lot of moaning on here.

Winks was hugely more effective and involved and some bozo's are questioning his right to start.

I saw McGinn play at Hibs and thought he looked a good prospect - Celtic wouldn’t go another 500k on their £2M offer last summer and Villa paid it, that was one of the reasons Rodgers bailed out for Leicester.
I still think another season at Villa in the PL is needed to gauge his worth and potential.
As good as he looks, I don’t think he is currently worth the £50M being bandied about.

He played a great pass that both the attacker and defender got to and the defender came out on top.
Close but no cigar............. The rest of the game passed him by, and had a Spurs player been as ineffectual, (beyond those 2 incidents) there would have been a lot of moaning on here.

Winks was hugely more effective and involved and some bozo's are questioning his right to start.
He scored their goal mate! Sat Rose on his arse. McGinn & Mings were their best two players. McGinn's pass DID spilt us wide open, the attacker failed to score with his shot, think it was Sanchez(?) that also defended well. Ndombele's reverse chip was beautiful, the fact Kane headed over the bar doesn't make it less of a beautiful pass.

You are one bitter cunt

He scored their goal mate! Sat Rose on his arse. McGinn & Mings were their best two players. McGinn's pass DID spilt us wide open, the attacker failed to score with his shot, think it was Sanchez(?) that also defended well. Ndombele's reverse chip was beautiful, the fact Kane headed over the bar doesn't make it less of a beautiful pass.
I didn't say it wasn't a good pass. i said it wasn't a killer pass. They are the ones that destroy you

You are one bitter cunt
Nope
No bitterness at all, I have nothing in this discussion to be bitter about.
You do - because you want everyone to see you as some kind of footballing seer, who makes a prophesy about football that only you can see.
And it hurts you to be ignored or ridiculed, or dismissed

you are bitter, not me

Nope
No bitterness at all, I have nothing in this discussion to be bitter about.
You do - because you want everyone to see you as some kind of footballing seer, who makes a prophesy about football that only you can see.
And it hurts you to be ignored or ridiculed, or dismissed

you are bitter, not me
The problem with your summary is that I have instead been vindicated.

I don't want to cause you embarrassment, but I honestly think you need help, Mick. Is there someone you can talk to?

He wouldn't get on our bench - Eriksen, Ndombele, Dele, Lo Celso, Sissoko >>> McGinn yes he finished a long ball punt very well, but to then highlight the only other decent pass he made all match, and somehow claim he's a top six player? dream on, in 90 minutes he managed just 10 touches and he lost the ball four times from that ten ... Our back five got caught by poor defending on a hail-mary hoof, credit to McGinn for the composed finish, however apart from that he was completely ineffective when Villa needed an outlet he simply disappeared. Villa is about his level, and they will do very well to stay up ...

He wouldn't get on our bench - Eriksen, Ndombele, Dele, Lo Celso, Sissoko >>> McGinn yes he finished a long ball punt very well, but to then highlight the only other decent pass he made all match, and somehow claim he's a top six player? dream on, in 90 minutes he managed just 10 touches and he lost the ball four times from that ten ... Our back five got caught by poor defending on a hail-mary hoof, credit to McGinn for the composed finish, however apart from that he was completely ineffective when Villa needed an outlet he simply disappeared. Villa is about his level, and they will do very well to stay up ...
This post makes you sound like bit of an arrogant twat, an entitled fan of a top club.
However I do want to thank you for clarifying that international midfielders costing around £200 mill in total with years of top level experience are better than John McGinn.

This post makes you sound like bit of an arrogant twat, an entitled fan of a top club.
However I do want to thank you for clarifying that international midfielders costing around £200 mill in total with years of top level experience are better than John McGinn.

You're welcome, must be hard to judge when your local league doesn't have a single player at that level ... good to see you taking an interest in a superior level ... keep it up

He's the sort of player who, had we signed him in 2016, the fans would be pleading for us to offload to a 'Villa or Norwich/Southampton' by now...
I see it as cutting out the middle man, and giving some Spurs fans their wish!!

Back
Top Bottom