Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sammy the club has always been a parody of itself.
Let's not pretend there was some golden age where we were managed by the owners superbly. Maybe in the 50's and 60's, but - and that's why I asked you how old you were - I wasn't going or aware of anything then. I haven't seen it.
Have you?
Tell me when this club was run so perfectly.
I have seen us nearly relegated under a cunt who fucked us, leaving us in such a state when he fucked off for Woolwich, we were relegated the next season. Took a couple with him .
Yet we were Spurs and we stood by our club.
The most successful manager we had since Bill Nic was forced out - thank fuck we are Spurs as today some cunts would have been calling for Burkinshaws head occupying the West Stand.

We couldn't build the new West Stand competently which ruined us, and our most recent successful spell in the 80's was achieved by spending more than we had, sliding into debt and bankruptcy. We also looked like fucking amateurs with the New Shelf fiasco.
We have never been a consistent league side.
We were always known as a cup side.
We have never been very consistent in both either.
Yet we are Spurs. We support our club.

Pre ENIC - in my time - we have finished in the top 5 and had decent spells in either/both of the cups twice. 81/82 (4th, FA cup winners and LC final losers. Whelan the cunt) in 86/87 (3rd, FA cup losing finalists and SF league Cup)
Under ENIC
2006-7: 5th, QFinal FA and Semi F LC.
2009/10: 4th, Semi FA and QF LC
11/12 : 4th, SF FA cup
14/15 5th: Losing finalists L cup

14 years under ENIC 7 top 5 finishes. LC: 4 Finals, 1 win. 4 QF, 1 SF. FA Cup: 2 SF, 3 QF. 7 x in UEFA cup and 1 x CL/European cup
14 years before: 2 top 5 finishes. LC: 1 final 1 win. FA cup: 2 finals 1 win, 4 SF's. 3 x in UEFA cup
So, basically one more cup under the same time pre ENIC, but less consistent in the league ( 5 years of that pre PL) and, considering how you look at it, fewer cup runs.

Not the biggest fan of Levy/ENIC but I'd say all that above -7 years of consistency in a tougher league & regular European football - coupled with new world class facilities ( which are being improved) plus a new stadium in those 14 years is growth.

Before Chavs and City it was Man and Liverpool. How Liverpool have grown lately.
It wouldn't be too preposterous to say that if Chavs and City had not doped, we would have been regulars in CL for the last 6 years

What everyone seems to want is what they slag City and Chavs off for.
Our hated rivals did it and did it in a shoestring. So can we.
It cannot be done otherwise if you don't have a bottomless pit.
Look how that £200m training facility impacted on City's transfer spending.
I, for one, do not want to see our club like City. PSG or Chavs.
There used to be a football club over there

That was 1984.....31yrs ago. And three trophies since.

Prophecy fullfilled. And apologists just fuelling the continued failure...no wonder Levy is having a field day when most of the fan base are like "Awwwwwww poor Bale and Modric wanted to play for a proper club".

Fucking sham.

I'm all for giving people time, but we've very rarely seen his subs make an impact and his so called philosophy bearing fruit in one maybe two games over his entire spell here.

Seems like luck more than judgement when things click for us.

Pochettino will always have his doubters. Usually those who didn't want him and wanted someone like de Boer instead or disappointed that we got a Southampton manager.

It's a shame that things like that will always cloud judgement. When we win, they simply don't log on. When we lose, they're out in force to prove whatever point they feel they have. Poch will be able to do right in their eyes, regardless of what he achieves.

We could gave won Wednesday with the team we put out and fans still would have complained that we should have won more comfortably because Lloris etc should have played.

How can it be right that some Spurs fans want us to play poorly or lose so they can have some long discussion on why he's not the man and wait for the day he's gone to say whatever bullshit they want to spew next.

Fuck me, we could win the league and you'll get those same fans moaning about one night in September where our stronger line up lost in a league cup third round match.

Think I've calmed down a bit now.
Regarding priorities, we absolutely should have given ourselves the best chance to beat those Cunts no matter the occasion. Only time I might think it acceptable is if the NLD came a few days before a major cup final. And even then it's a tough decision. I would gladly have smashed those cunts out of the competition and played the entire u21 team in the next round if necessary.
One less chance of a trophy for Woolwich is good by me. Even if it's the CC.

On the flip side, I think some of the anti poch hysteria is a little over the top.
Let's look at the selection changes for a start.
Vorm - agree it should have been lloris. But if you want a squad with a half decent back up keeper you do have to give them games at some point to keep them sharp. I think we saw a guy who hasn't played much first team football and it showed.
Wimmer - most on here predicted he would play and I saw nothing to show it was a bad decision. Good player
Fazio - this one pissed me off for sure. However one positive is that poch can surely now have no doubts that he can't be relied on ever again.
Trippier - played poorly but I've seen the exact same people moaning about the line up slating walker in match threads and demanding we play trippier, so which is it then?
Carroll - think it was a mistake but if we didn't have injuries to dembele and Mason currently then I doubt he'd have played. This was also an opportunity for him to step up and show he can make it at spurs and I think now we know this probably isn't the case. A shame. To be fair to him woolwich went with two very experience players in their midfield and they ate him up.
Everyone else has been in our first team all season, so no excuses for them. poch risked Kane up front despite him playing so much football already. He did drop him for qarabag which was the correct decision.

Poch would hopefully have learnt a lot about some of his fringe players this week. Despite being second choice they are mostly all experience players capable of way better performances than they put in. Some of them massively let him down.

Think I've calmed down a bit now.
Regarding priorities, we absolutely should have given ourselves the best chance to beat those Cunts no matter the occasion. Only time I might think it acceptable is if the NLD came a few days before a major cup final. And even then it's a tough decision. I would gladly have smashed those cunts out of the competition and played the entire u21 team in the next round if necessary.
One less chance of a trophy for Woolwich is good by me. Even if it's the CC.

On the flip side, I think some of the anti poch hysteria is a little over the top.
Let's look at the selection changes for a start.
Vorm - agree it should have been lloris. But if you want a squad with a half decent back up keeper you do have to give them games at some point to keep them sharp. I think we saw a guy who hasn't played much first team football and it showed.
Wimmer - most on here predicted he would play and I saw nothing to show it was a bad decision. Good player
Fazio - this one pissed me off for sure. However one positive is that poch can surely now have no doubts that he can't be relied on ever again.
Trippier - played poorly but I've seen the exact same people moaning about the line up slating walker in match threads and demanding we play trippier, so which is it then?
Carroll - think it was a mistake but if we didn't have injuries to dembele and Mason currently then I doubt he'd have played. This was also an opportunity for him to step up and show he can make it at spurs and I think now we know this probably isn't the case. A shame. To be fair to him woolwich went with two very experience players in their midfield and they ate him up.
Everyone else has been in our first team all season, so no excuses for them. poch risked Kane up front despite him playing so much football already. He did drop him for qarabag which was the correct decision.

Poch would hopefully have learnt a lot about some of his fringe players this week. Despite being second choice they are mostly all experience players capable of way better performances than they put in. Some of them massively let him down.
Is this you?

SpursinBarcelona (@BarcelonaSpurs) on Twitter

I see. A positive rating of 1000 + and I've been found out as a closet g$&!#@r. I think it's you that's been found out boy. Found at to be a childish fucking twat .
Which part do you disagree with then Chavs fan. (it's big and hard this other club insult stuff isn't it). Not the childish twat bit surely

Feels like we've become Sunderland/Newcastle, only 2-3 games a year seem to matter after Wednesday.

Let's view the entire season in context before calling for the managers head..........we've tried mid-season managerial changes before.........the only other teams that do it are those scrapping their way out of relegation.

For the most part, these are the natural positions for both players (albeit Son has some flexibility - as he has already shown), and that's why we should be under no illusion that we had a hole in our squad when the window closed and we didn't have Berahino. It's also why Kane is still being played up front in most games.

I understand that but my main point was that he couldn't understand that to open up Woolwich we needed bodies in the box and a bit of imagination to get the ball in there rather than Allardyce hoofball as we're better than that!

Wenger couldn't believe his luck and I felt for Harry!

:kanewtf:

Feels like we've become Sunderland/Newcastle, only 2-3 games a year seem to matter after Wednesday.

Let's view the entire season in context before calling for the managers head..........we've tried mid-season managerial changes before.........the only other teams that do it are those scrapping their way out of relegation.

And if we hadn't have done it with Ramos we would have been relegated, make no mistake so no let's not review it after an entire season, get rid of this clown now.
For clarification I'm not saying we will get relegated with Pooch but mid table and no cups isn't good enough!

:pochbye:

Chelsea won the champions league on the back of a mid season managerial change. :avbfacepalm:

This twat fielded weak line ups in the cups for southampton.....it infuriated their fans aswell.

He will do the same thing in the fa cup in january so we can wave
goodbye to that aswell.

The blokes a fucking turkey....in fact he is an Argentinian turkey.

There are some people on here that would even see the positives if we were to finish bottom of the league. They would come out with shit like " well if you turn the league upside down, we would be top! "

You can't reason with these people....these people berate others for posting criticism or anything negative...saying shit like " I bet you can't wait to come on here posting after we lose etc etc ""....when in fact it's those cunts that can't wait to post positive shit after we lose, to try and make out they are the better fan.

Potch is a useless prick. He is a fraud....I can't stand the the thought of having another manager, just as much as I can't stand the thought of having him for another two or three seasons. but ive a feeling he will be. It looks as though he is just going to sheperd us to the new stadium. No thrills, except the odd good game of football along the way. Just mediocre shite. No cups taken seriously, and the word philosophy mentioned in every interview with no evidence of actually seeing it....it's very dissapointing. very dissapointing indeed.....fucking argie twat.

Chelsea won the champions league on the back of a mid season managerial change. :avbfacepalm:
Plus we finished 6th season before last with such a change, and I really don't see us finishing higher this term.

Not that I am saying Poch should be sacked now, but sacking a manager isn't necessarily a route into an even worse situation. In fact I find the notion that it is really rather bizarre.

All, that, it's all rinse and repeat with Levy so I think we'll be at the same level with Poch or with a new guy. THe new cup would likely be yet another "next big thing".

Back
Top Bottom