Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When are people going to show some patience? Every interview with Pochettinho he has made it clear that we are building something but it will take a couple of seasons to get there.

There are so many positive signs since he's come in that we are moving in the right direction but as always there are people who didn't want him to start with so are blinkered to the good and just want to pull the plug as soon as possible so they can enjoy their "we were right party".

Last edited:
I personally really want to like the guy, mostly I do, but then I don't when tactically he seems o inept. However, I'll never be able to judge him while he has those above him blocking him from putting the basics out on the pitch I do judge the merchants above him much more and I don't do so with favour.

Personally I think Poch is definitely the right guy to get us to where we want to be.

We've got a young squad that needs time to develop and with a young squad results like that will happen...more than once this season.

Also he is a young manager and is not perfect. If he was he wouldn't be managing us let's be frank about it. He is learning too and will make mistakes.

The point is we need to except the position we are in and allow him time to get things right. Which I believe he will Focusing on the progression is what's important not focusing (and exaggerating) every lose or draw.

Every bad result in here is met with an angry need to work out who is precisely to blame and then call for the most drastic measure possible. That's a sad reflection of the spoilt little brat mentality that we have in general society. The "I want it all and I want it right now" line of 'thinking' (not that much thinking actually goes into it which is the crux of the problem)

It makes me laugh though, as if some randoms on an internet forum know any better than people who actually make a living in the game.

The internet is great for airing your opinions, but some people actually are starting to believe that because they can air their opinions that it somehow validates them. This is a forum where you are basically entitled to spout whatever shite you like, I understand that people love a good moan but it doesn't mean that any of the rest of us have to care a fuck about it.

Every manager will succeed if given the right tools. AVB will probably win the title with Hulk, Moutinho and Bale. :avbhumph:

A good manager learns to adapt with the tools at his disposal.

Very true but the problem for poch or even guys like Martinez, Rodgers is that in EPL there are 4 managers above them who always gonna have better tools :pocheyes:

It makes me laugh though, as if some randoms on an internet forum know any better than people who actually make a living in the game.

How about this then?
Having Stambouli on the bench, to bring on to sure things up instead of Lamela would have been better.
Or, not selling Stambouli without a DM lined up?

Sometimes, making a living in the game doesnt excuse every piss poor decision you make.

I understand that people love a good moan but it doesn't mean that any of the rest of us have to care a fuck about it.

And in direct response, no one else has to give a fuck that you dont give a shit and you gave 100% backing to every player, manager and chairman in the history of the sport, on the basis they make a living in the game.

I do, however wonder why you come to a forum though, or how much fun it must be following a club.

If Levy sells Kane? Yep...he´s in the game. I agree with the decision. Who am I to be pissed off

Laughable

When are people going to show some patients? Every interview with Pochettinho he has made it clear that we are building something but it will take a couple of seasons to get there.

There are so many positive signs since he's come in that we are moving in the right direction but as always there are people who didn't want him to start with so are blinkered to the good and just want to pull the plug as soon as possible so they can enjoy their "we were right party".
Patience. Other than that agree completely. Sorry.
:adebaehug:

still totally with him, but is time to Levy give him players that we need and he wants. THERE IS NO WAY we can have a plan B when we don't have the players to do the plan A.

Levy and Enic, open your fucking eyes!!!

And in direct response, no one else has to give a fuck that you dont give a shit and you gave 100% backing to every player, manager and chairman in the history of the sport, on the basis they make a living in the game.

I do, however wonder why you come to a forum though, or how much fun it must be following a club.

If Levy sells Kane? Yep...he´s in the game. I agree with the decision. Who am I to be pissed off

Laughable
You're laughable mate. You have a hard on for Stambouli yet criticise others for their favourites.
Bringing Lamela on didn't lose us 2 points. Not having Stambouli or a fucking DM didn't lose us 2 points.
If anything Toby lost us 2 points letting them in it giving away a stupid cheap penalty. Then losing Kane & Mason didn't do us any favours. Why hasn't Toby come in for any stick?
Bentaleb coming on for Mason coincided with us conceding 2 goals, maybe it's his fault.
Nabil had a player shielding the back 4, Dier, same as Mason did, yet he didn't do as much as Mason did. I thought that's all we needed to see the creative, goalscoring forward thinking Nabil shine?

We gave them a way back in with a soft penalty then lost Kane & Mason.

Hugo also nearly cost us.I wonder if he would have got shit if Diuof would not have had his shot blocked by Mason?
Mason and Dier bossed that midfield song with Kane dropping deep. They came into it a bit when Kane went off and then when Mason went off they controlled the midfield.

You're laughable mate. You have a hard on for Stambouli yet criticise others for their favourites.

No, just an average DM on the bench is better than having no DM in the entire squad

If anything Toby lost us 2 points letting them in it giving away a stupid cheap penalty. Then losing Kane & Mason didn't do us any favours. Why hasn't Toby come in for any stick?

Toby made a stupid challenge. I have acknowledged that.

Bentaleb coming on for Mason coincided with us conceding 2 goals, maybe it's his fault.
Yep. Partly...Bentaleb was shit and Mason shouldnt have come off. Already said that too before.

Nabil had a player shielding the back 4, Dier, same as Mason did, yet he didn't do as much as Mason did. I thought that's all we needed to see the creative, goalscoring forward thinking Nabil shine?
My stance the entire time has been that Bentaleb need an experienced older DM next to him.
Hasnt got that, and his mistakes are shining through this season.

We gave them a way back in with a soft penalty then lost Kane & Mason.
And we made poor sub and tactical decisions, plus the shit transfer window, which cost us...again.

Hugo also nearly cost us.I wonder if he would have got shit if Diuof would not have had his shot blocked by Mason?
Yep, I would have called him a cunt

Mason and Dier bossed that midfield song with Kane dropping deep. They came into it a bit when Kane went off and then when Mason went off they controlled the midfield.

I know. I saw that yesterday. Nice that you just caught up with your download.

Laughable
You're missing my point, I'm saying that I have more respect for someone who makes a living in the game than some nutter on a forum.

As to why I come on a forum, I come to post stuff that I think fellow fans will find informative, interesting or funny, I also come to find stuff that others have posted with the same intent as me.

I don't really care about which starting 11 someone thinks should be picked, which players should be signed or where exactly someone thinks the manager is going wrong. But if people want to post stuff like that I'm not going to stop them, but I'm perfectly entitled to take the piss out of them as well.

Agreeing to start the season with 1 striker and sell 3 midfielders then play a CB there shows what a spineless & clueless puppet Poch is.
Luckily he'll be gone well before Xmas.

Come back AVB all is forgiven!

And I was slagging off Pooch during the Summer!

I don't give a flying fuck if he has got a long term plan.........go somewhere else with it!

He's achieved fuck all as a manager anywhere and never will!

:pochbye:

Agreeing to start the season with 1 striker and sell 3 midfielders then play a CB there shows what a spineless & clueless puppet Poch is.
Luckily he'll be gone well before Xmas.

Come back AVB all is forgiven!

And I was slagging off Pooch during the Summer!

I don't give a flying fuck if he has got a long term plan.........go somewhere else with it!

He's achieved fuck all as a manager anywhere and never will!

:pochbye:
We don't need 'fans' like you. If you want to support a team that spends £100m a season on players and buys trophies, go and support a plastic team like Chelsea, City or United.

do you want to know what the absolute contradiction in Pochettino's philosophy. Ok he wants to build a winning culture and have players buy into his philosophy, do what he wants on the pitch, no questions asked.What's the final end product we want, success on the pitch right?
But in doing this he won't work with any other players who have any form of attitude problem, irrespective of their talent.So we end up with Bentaleb and Dier in midfield.

We aren't a club that can cherry pick talent, we have seen this happen under numerous managers. we always have to compromise, Adebayor is an extreme case but i dont think any player who questions the managers tactics or training is part of some cout de ta/ revolt.

so at the end of the day we end up with a lopsided average team full of 'yes man', defeating the main objective which is some form of success on the pitch.

Last edited:
We don't need 'fans' like you. If you want to support a team that spends £100m a season on players and buys trophies, go and support a plastic team like Chelsea, City or United.

Who are "we"?

Only clueless cunts like you!

We downgraded when TS took over and we've managed to downgrade again with this clown!

Top 4???????

Don't make me fuckin laugh!
:walker-scream:

With Pooch we'll be lucky to get top 10!!

But don't worry come December him and his "philosophies" will be gone but the problem will be that the season will be over!

Levy took a chance with AVB but at least he had achieved something as a manager but this twat?

:levywhoa:

do you want to know what the absolute contradiction in Pochettino's philosophy. Ok he wants to build a winning culture and have players buy into his philosophy, do what he wants on the pitch, no questions asked.What's the final end product we want, success on the pitch right?
But in doing this he won't work wutg any other players who have any form of attitude problem, irrespective of their talent.So we end up with Bentaleb and Dier in midfield.

We aren't a club that can cherry pick talent, we have seen this happen under numerous managers. we always have to compromise, Adebayor is an extreme case but i dont think any player who questions the managers tactics or training is part of some cout de ta/ revolt.

so at the end of the day we end up with a lopsided average team full of 'yes man', defeating the main objective which is some form of success on the pitch.

Said something like this the other day.
Its like some players get a chance because they dont question him, regardless of what they bring to the team.

Back
Top Bottom