Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s what we’ve all called upon but it was understandable that he couldn’t do it straight away.
I hope Poch’s mind is still 100% at Spurs, if that’s the case I’m fine sticking with him for as long as it takes to reshape the team, but if he quietly wants to leave then he should leave.

Jesus Christ how do you get to a point where despite the appalling form a manager should be given whatever time he wants or should be allowed to leave at his comfort if he wants. Just when did so many of our supporters becomes such cuckolds?

Jesus Christ how do you get to a point where despite the appalling form a manager should be given whatever time he wants or should be allowed to leave at his comfort if he wants. Just when did so many of our supporters becomes such cuckolds?
Presumably you’re going to call out Levy for not sacking him? No? Thought not.

No Overhaul

He has lost the fucking plot...get rid. How do the players or the fans know where they stand with this sort of inconsistency. I've had enough... Poch Out for me.
This is after he said he needs two transfer windows to buy players... I bet Levy has told him he's not getting a penny so now he says the squad is good enough. It all smells rotten.

we will need a major rebuild to the first 11,
think hugo will not be recover will from this arm injury. so its goalie, Left sided CH, CH, RB, DM, 6 players at least, will Levy give Poch £250-300m, would Poch spend it well ?
think Levy will workout the money that will be gained by spending X or Y and that's what he will spend
top 4 will bring in around £60M a season so why spend £250m to get the team back to that level
How much NFL brings in a year?
If it is anywhere the £60m you are quoting, Enic/Levy won't bother with top 4 as they used to.

It is the right thing to say to get the Players playing for the next couple of months. Depending on what happens in the meantime will decide what happens in January. We all need to put January to the back of our minds and concentrate on matches coming up.

It is the right thing to say to get the Players playing for the next couple of months. Depending on what happens in the meantime will decide what happens in January. We all need to put January to the back of our minds and concentrate on matches coming up.
So why did he say he needs two transfer windows to sort things out just a couple of weeks ago ?? To quote : "Only we need time. January is going to be a good opportunity too to fix this situation and the next one. "

That's cheap motivation and it's not going to work because three players have already decided to leave on free transfers next season and another three know the club were willing to sell them in the summer and they want out. All are just winding down the clock on their Spurs careers

Its ridiculous

If Poch had any balls he would be demanding we sign a few players in January. Be fucking proactive instead of complacent.
And in his defense he might have done that. But if he goes out and says that to the masses that will only make the selling clubs demand more once we come knocking.

And in his defense he might have done that. But if he goes out and says that to the masses that will only make the selling clubs demand more once we come knocking.

Won't make a difference. Everyone can see what a state our squad is in and how many players will be leaving next summer. Selling clubs will take advantage of it and they would be stupid not too. Levy has done it himself when trying to buy certain players. That's business

How much NFL brings in a year?
If it is anywhere the £60m you are quoting, Enic/Levy won't bother with top 4 as they used to.
Just to be clear what you are saying - if we make £60m a year from NFL, the owner and board won’t bother about making another £60m on top of that? Or did you mean something else?

So why did he say he needs two transfer windows to sort things out just a couple of weeks ago ?? To quote : "Only we need time. January is going to be a good opportunity too to fix this situation and the next one. "
I agree the comments being made by Poch are contradictory and if he is acting like that with the players then that is part of the problem. We need to start getting results now and forget January. If we do not get results soon then I cannot see Poch being here in January.

Back
Top Bottom