Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When looking at our form from the end of last season, it makes for pretty dire reading, I myself didn't even realise how bad it was.

Out of our last 15 games PL games, we have 8 losses, 3 draws and 4 wins.

If we take that sort of form into this season we will be bottom half of the table and it looks like we are so far.

It's not looking good and the manner of those defeats make it even worse, like today for example.

Something needs to drastically improve or something needs to change, it's that simple imo.

One of the things Poch did so well after his first season was making us a tough team to beat.
We went unbeaten at home in 16/17 and had moved away from the accusations of being a soft team in the past.

We now seem to have gone backwards and are giving up defeats far too easily.

Not being funny but Pochettino cannot blame the transfer window for this. Every other PL team is in the same boat suck it up lads, play for the shirt and stop being so sensitive about what may or may not happen. If this is his excuse for us losing today, it simply isn't a good enough reason when getting paid c£100k per week and having 62,000 revolve their weekends around them.

Suck it up, lads like you die fighting for their countries every single day. Some don't have a lot to piss in so don't lose sight of the privileged lives you live and get on with it.

The way we approached that game - what exactly was the gameplan Poch? Patient, tap it about, conserve energy, we'll score eventually? I'd like to know.

How about this revolutionary idea: we know they're gonna sit deep, so let's blitz them for say 20mins while we're fresh. We'll pass and move, lots of runners, exploit the width, lots of pot shots, first-time crosses, etc. And if we get the goal, great - we can pick them off as and when they come out. If not, at least we showed the fans some intent and a logical gameplan.

But then again what the fuck do I know.

Its obvious there has been some kind of fight with Jan's black eye, and where has Aurier disappeared too? All I keep hearing is we are going to sell him leaving us with one right back at the club.

Then you have the situation with Dele, he's been poor for as long as I can remember.

Kane doesn't seem to put the shift in anymore, perhaps he is protecting his ongoing ankle issue.

With all the contract issues as well, and the lack of form. Plus Poch body language. We look a million miles away from the team that finished 2nd and 3rd.

Its obvious there has been some kind of fight with Jan's black eye, and where has Aurier disappeared too? All I keep hearing is we are going to sell him leaving us with one right back at the club.

Then you have the situation with Dele, he's been poor for as long as I can remember.

Kane doesn't seem to put the shift in anymore, perhaps he is protecting his ongoing ankle issue.

With all the contract issues as well, and the lack of form. Plus Poch body language. We look a million miles away from the team that finished 2nd and 3rd.

Don't worry about it mate. We are 3 games into the season and Man U have already drawn one, lost one as have Chelsea and the goons have also had a thump back down to earth with a bollocking at Liverpool.

We are fine but we desperately need to stop all of these ridiculous nerves. Today ex were too eager to score an equaliser too soon and we just lost heart after a while. We did the same in the Champions League final, we need to be more streetwise.

Don't worry about it mate. We are 3 games into the season and Man U have already drawn one, lost one as have Chelsea and the goons have also had a thump back down to earth with a bollocking at Liverpool.

We are fine but we desperately need to stop all of these ridiculous nerves. Today ex were too eager to score an equaliser too soon and we just lost heart after a while. We did the same in the Champions League final, we need to be more streetwise.
We weren't too eager to get an equaliser in the CL final, we never properly attacked until around the 65h minute!

The problem is very simple. The tactics simply don't work. The stupid playing out from goal kicks where we invariably lose possession in our half, the narrow sliding defence that teams know can be flooded at the back post. The stupid positioning of our centre halves. The slow play, the OTT square passing procession, the lack of urgency and now most worrying, the fact Harry Kane looks like he has no idea how to fit into the team when he used to be our main player.

It is going to be a painful rebuild. His 3 signings have hardly played any minutes to understand our style or the new style we will play. It will take time and we have got to get behind the team during it. Calling for Poch head is madness, stop being so fickle and remember the grass is always greener.

Yes it was a bad performance, awful in fact but trust in our manager to get the squad harmony right and get us playing in a style he is accustomed to.

It all hasn’t seem right with him since Jan. Think we would have bid farewell to him had we won the CL. Tbh, I lost slight faith with Poch ever since we lost that FA cup semi to Utd after spending a good amount of time bringing down the FA cup that season. He won’t be getting us over the line and think we’ve gone as far as we can under him.

Mourinho was in the stands today. Good chance we’ve already started looking for alternatives.

Poch or no Poch; Jose can fuck right off!

A chequebook manager at this club is a preposterous idea. Even more so when so many seemingly crave a more dynamic approach and less player alienation.

I preferred the days when he didn't speak English too confidently to give the press anything to spin. These days he's a walking rent-a-quote. Come on Poch, keep this stuff indoors. Where's the man who spoke about the importance of positive attitudes?

If we could get Ten Hag I'd pull the trigger on Poch now personally. He's in his 6th year and the best players are mostly the ones he inherited. No clear football philosophy anymore. Signings have been all over the place, partly because there is no football philosophy. Lucas and Sissoko have had their moments of course but they don't really fit in with any kind of philosophy. You feel Klopp and Pep buy certain types of players in a way Poch doesn't.

Players aren't progressing under him, yet do when they leave - Walker and perhaps we'll see that Trippier too. He's got favourites and people he turns to outcasts, we're seeing that with Aurier I think and now we're fucked at RB.

But the most troubling thing is his general demeanour over the last year. Flirting with the Man Utd job, constantly moaning about this or that, and he looks disinterested on the touchline a lot of time. You don't seem to see him barking "push!" anymore, just always seems to be sitting and looking at something on his iPad with his assistants. This whole demeanour is rubbing off on the team.

Things can turn around of course but I definitely think the club should be looking at alternatives. And I don't think that's being fickle to say so. We've been in decline since the highpoint of 2016/17, and excuses are running out for Poch.

I respect Poch's honesty but stuff like this should be kept behind closed doors.

How does publicly admitting problems/weaknesses help the situation?
It doesn't help and unfortunately that's not the objective...all he's doing is giving excuses for a piss poor performance and it's embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom