Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

star-sport-2.jpg

So, how did Pochettino convince Ndombele?

"It is difficult to describe but he knows how to touch people, to leave a mark on people. He looked at me in the eyes and said: 'Come with me, I am sure that you will progress.'

"It is these types of little things that made me want to sign over there. I could see that he really, genuinely wanted me, that he genuinely liked me
."

After the game today Poch said he will no longer answer any media questions about transfers in or out or about contract negotiations of current players

Sounds a bit pissed off tbh

After the game today Poch said he will no longer answer any media questions about transfers in or out or about contract negotiations of current players

Sounds a bit pissed off tbh
If you were hounded with questions about something that you are not directly involved in (The club/Levy obviously asks for Poch's opinion on transfers, but he's not the one negotiating deals) you would probably also be sick of it.

Note that this is part of a longer interview, but here are the pertinent tidbits of his "rant" if anyone is interested:

Daniel Levy spoke earlier to us that now the stadium and training ground are built the focus will be on improving the squad, does that excite you?

I think first of all I didn't hear the press conference. We were in the middle of the meeting and then driving to the stadium. I don't know. I cannot comment. In the end he's my boss and the chairman. I'm never going to give a public opinion about my boss. It's not right for the coach to make some comment about your chairman. He's the most important person in the football club and of course my full respect to him. My position is to never comment on his press conferences or what he says to you.

Has there been any update with Danny Rose?

Sorry? No, I think the club have said nothing. It's not my position to talk about the players who are not here. If the club need to communicate something they will communicate. You know very well Vincent has been sold and GK Nkoudou, Davies, Davinson Sanchez, Wanyama, there are a lot of players training at the training ground. The only update is going to come through the website or the club if they need to. They are our players who are training in London and when we go back they will be involved with the first team.

Toby Alderweireld's clause in his contract ends today, do you believe he will be a Tottenham player next season?

Like it was yesterday, I'm not going to talk. I'm going to work with the players at the end of the transfer market that the club is going to provide to us. Nothing to say about that. I am very focused on working with the players that we have and the club provide us, the coaching staff, and try to help them to improve and work with the players who we are going to have at the end of the transfer market.

My position from now for the future so you know, otherwise every time...I'm not going to talk about signing players, selling players, extending the contract of the players or not extending the contract of the players. That is going to be all through the club to update you if they want. I'm not going to communicate or talk about that, I'm going to talk about managing the squad that we have. To make clear because in the future if you're going to ask me it'll be a little bit weird because I won't answer because I don't have the answer.

Note that this is part of a longer interview, but here are the pertinent tidbits of his "rant" if anyone is interested:

Daniel Levy spoke earlier to us that now the stadium and training ground are built the focus will be on improving the squad, does that excite you?

I think first of all I didn't hear the press conference. We were in the middle of the meeting and then driving to the stadium. I don't know. I cannot comment. In the end he's my boss and the chairman. I'm never going to give a public opinion about my boss. It's not right for the coach to make some comment about your chairman. He's the most important person in the football club and of course my full respect to him. My position is to never comment on his press conferences or what he says to you.

Has there been any update with Danny Rose?

Sorry? No, I think the club have said nothing. It's not my position to talk about the players who are not here. If the club need to communicate something they will communicate. You know very well Vincent has been sold and GK Nkoudou, Davies, Davinson Sanchez, Wanyama, there are a lot of players training at the training ground. The only update is going to come through the website or the club if they need to. They are our players who are training in London and when we go back they will be involved with the first team.

Toby Alderweireld's clause in his contract ends today, do you believe he will be a Tottenham player next season?

Like it was yesterday, I'm not going to talk. I'm going to work with the players at the end of the transfer market that the club is going to provide to us. Nothing to say about that. I am very focused on working with the players that we have and the club provide us, the coaching staff, and try to help them to improve and work with the players who we are going to have at the end of the transfer market.

My position from now for the future so you know, otherwise every time...I'm not going to talk about signing players, selling players, extending the contract of the players or not extending the contract of the players. That is going to be all through the club to update you if they want. I'm not going to communicate or talk about that, I'm going to talk about managing the squad that we have. To make clear because in the future if you're going to ask me it'll be a little bit weird because I won't answer because I don't have the answer.
Good answers!

Gonna put myself out there on this one. I'll take the abuse. Tomorrow.

Anybody else getting a bit fucked off with his repeated negativity in press conferences? Today he won't answer questions on transfers or contract negotiations. Then we hear every other week he may quit.

Time this guy realized he will never have it any better.

Don't get me wrong, what we have achieved under Poch has been phenomenal. I'm just thinking sometimes he thinks he is above us.

Am i wrong? (going to bed now. will deal with hate tomorrow)

Gonna put myself out there on this one. I'll take the abuse. Tomorrow.

Anybody else getting a bit fucked off with his repeated negativity in press conferences? Today he won't answer questions on transfers or contract negotiations. Then we hear every other week he may quit.

Time this guy realized he will never have it any better.

Don't get me wrong, what we have achieved under Poch has been phenomenal. I'm just thinking sometimes he thinks he is above us.

Am i wrong? (going to bed now. will deal with hate tomorrow)

For my viewpoint on the matter please checkout my posting in the Transfer thread (page 1428). I understand where you are coming from but sympathise with Poch's obvious frustrations.

For my viewpoint on the matter please checkout my posting in the Transfer thread (page 1428). I understand where you are coming from but sympathise with Poch's obvious frustrations.
I read your post and agree. Yes, he wants backing and of course, I would love it if he was. It's not that issue I'm concerned with. I stick with my original post in that sometimes I feel like he is manufacturing a move.

It may just be me, I'm way off.

Poch, as we knew him, was gracious and kind but as the years have gone by I sense a touch of Mourinho in his dealings with the press.

I read your post and agree. Yes, he wants backing and of course, I would love it if he was. It's not that issue I'm concerned with. I stick with my original post in that sometimes I feel like he is manufacturing a move.

It may just be me, I'm way off.

Poch, as we knew him, was gracious and kind but as the years have gone by I sense a touch of Mourinho in his dealings with the press.

I wouldn't say he's 'manufacturing' a move but I would certainly agree with you that he's making sure he does absolutely nothing to upset would be suitors and trying to absolve himself of all responsibility with regard to transfers. Which is rather silly because he must surely decide who he thinks the team needs to improve ?

I wouldn't say he's 'manufacturing' a move but I would certainly agree with you that he's making sure he does absolutely nothing to upset would be suitors and trying to absolve himself of all responsibility with regard to transfers. Which is rather silly because he must surely decide who he thinks the team needs to improve?
That's kinda my point. Do you see that he has an agenda? whether that is for Levy to pony up some dough or (as I understand it) constantly showing displeasure for his lot in life. I make a weak argument as I have had a few drinks (Friday night etc)

The point i try to make is that recently he never comes across as happy. Whether or not he should be is a different conversation. I just want our Manager to be 100% positive, thats all.

Just not getting that vibe from him for a long time now.

That's kinda my point. Do you see that he has an agenda? whether that is for Levy to pony up some dough or (as I understand it) constantly showing displeasure for his lot in life. I make a weak argument as I have had a few drinks (Friday night etc)

The point i try to make is that recently he never comes across as happy. Whether or not he should be is a different conversation. I just want our Manager to be 100% positive, thats all.

Just not getting that vibe from him for a long time now.

Not a weak argument at all my friend....checkout my postings tomorrow evening (Saturday afternoons for my drinking session :thumbup:)...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom