Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spot on.

But for anyone to suggest that he was selected originally because of pressure or that it's in his contract is absurd.

Absolutely, there was certainly more to it than the managers belief that he was fit enough; or that the longer he was on the field the more likely the magic would happen.

In 1998 Ronaldo was dropped for the World Cup final team against France because he was unwell; the purse strings in the background stepped in and he was forced to play; needless to say he didn’t perform and the result is written in history.

I don’t know what happened last Saturday and I’m not saying something like that did but clearly there are many people pulling the strings in football today.
Garth Southgate clearly didn’t have that problem.

Since Pep is allowed to wear his massive cardigan surely we can all pitch in and get Poch this for next season?

Last edited:
Cue "Pochettino for Spain job" incoming
D9crgwdXsAMZYq-.jpg

Due to a discussion on another board I went through Poch's stats from his playing days and found out that during his 10 La Liga seasons, he collected 71 yellow cards. This is only La Liga so there are still the cards collected in cup games, European games and during his stint in France to add to this list.

He was a proper shit house wasn't he?

Due to a discussion on another board I went through Poch's stats from his playing days and found out that during his 10 La Liga seasons, he collected 71 yellow cards. This is only La Liga so there are still the cards collected in cup games, European games and during his stint in France to add to this list.

He mentions it in his book that he doesn't understand how the media praise CB's like Toby who don't commit many fouls.

In the Southampton game just before Foyth got his marching orders you can actually hear Poch in Spanish yelling "SWEEP THE LEG"

I think he still has the club record for red cards at Espanyol.....and yet people always post "Poch will be furious" after one of our players gets sent off.

Back
Top Bottom