Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My understanding is that we tried for 2 players last summer and 1 player in January; fee agreed with clubs but all 3 players rejected us.

Not sure who they were. Maybe Rabiot since he publicly said we are 'too small' for him.

Could be the case. Might be that we just didn't have the funds at that point and Poch didn't want to settle for second best. No is a very different time

I've supported Poch and the boys far more than you all year.

Not this Im a better supporter than you bollocks again. You're better than that, Spursdem

This is your problem as a follower. You think support is financial and not emotional. You'd be happy with us coming 6th if it meant we bought Ronaldo for 200m

There is such thing as financial support though. Poch hasn't had it, and knows he cant sustain our position if that continues

You've said the squad that reached the Champions League final has been inadequate all season.

20 losses through the campaign would suggest I was right. A few memorable nights in Europe doesn't change that. And we won fuck-all. Again

So let's not pull at that string.
What string?

You do understand the difference in situations between Spurs and Liverpool, right? In terms of financial freedom.
Yes. Just as you understand the difference in the spending power between Spurs and clubs like Brighton.
And you also know the 600million stadium debt is a servicable debt

P. S. Poch has said transfers were sanctioned. So you're fibbing there. Unless you don't know the difference between sanction and completion?

As I've said before, i deal in facts, not heresay. And the fact is we were the first club in any of Europes top 5 leagues to not sign a single player.

I'm with Balague. Poch needs the club to start prioritising our football team.

Im backing Pocchetino

Fuck knows what happened there.

I hope Moura’s feelings for the club/manager haven’t been harmed by being left out of the starting lineup for the final - must have been quite a low after the emotion of the semi final (and he seems, like Poch, to be an ‘emotional’ guy, in a good way).

I never thought I'd see a supporter piss all over our achievement of getting to the CL final 3 days after we played it.
If that's your take on my words thats fine. The realists will see them differently.
Poch realises, like me, that 20 defeats in a season is alarming, and we need to start spending big money to improve or even sustain our position.
Poch wants the club to change it's priorities Spursdem. He's crying out for support and even his confidante and close friend Balague is openly voicing his desparation.
Me and Poch are on the same page.
I'm backing Pochettino in his crusade to change the priorities at the top of our football club.

If that's your take on my words thats fine. The realists will see them differently.
Poch realises, like me, that 20 defeats in a season is alarming, and we need to start spending big money to improve or even sustain our position.
Poch wants the club to change it's priorities Spursdem. He's crying out for support and even his confidante and close friend Balague is openly voicing his desparation.
Me and Poch are on the same page.
I'm backing Pochettino in his crusade to change the priorities at the top of our football club.
John, I told you 3 years ago this would be the summer we make a move.

Don't act like you're suddenly now on board when I've been telling you this for years.

I have to agree, like you all, i've seen hundreds of false dawns as a Spurs fan, Poch is different, he makes mistakes but he recognises he own failings, he is humble, he is a fan and he wears his heart on his sleeve. I could bitch about his decisions in the final but frankly it was he decisions all year, the past 5 years in fact, that put us here today.

This feels different, at last we have a manager/owner combo that looks like they will pull in the same direction. Fingers crossed.

Poch simply indulges certain players regardless of form and fitness. Hes had money to spend but chose not to then spent the last 6 months sending out cryptic messages at completely the wrong times. Let's say hes not happy, wheres he going, sari to Juventus is a deal. PSG have offered tuchel a new contract. Utd ole, Madrid zidane. Hes done a good job, no doubt about that, but hes had a peak verts, toby, dembele, kane, eriksen, rose, Walker etc and not won even a raffle.

If poch gets 100m it's very harsh to expect him to get us in to the top 2.

£100 M would see us finishing in a Europa league qualifying position with the islington team.
It will take double that amount of investment to finish in the top four again - that was my point!

Curious.

This is exactly what was said last summer.

If we're able to re-sign Eriksen and Alderweireld, I'd fancy our chances at top four again, but no more than that, and eventually the other shoe is coming.

And some given pound figure of investment doesn't guarantee anything on its own.

The question is whether a good faith effort has been made.

And had @rsenal and Man united not so catastrophically imploded we would have finished where exactly?
Our final run-in performances were abysmal - we were handed fourth spot!

Yet the other 2 were so poor they couldn't capitalise....

Works both ways....

IMO, we should have finished 3rd, but fucked that.

Big money does not equal great player - This summer we are a more attractive prospect and have confirmed funds. The hardest part of this will be clearing room in the squad and not letting existing players go for peanuts.

Big money doesn't matter but we must n't let our players go for peanuts. I think the above could easily be used by Oxbridge dictionaries as a definition of oxymoron

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom