Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But you said It really isn't Levy's fault that we ended up with a squad over bloated with players that we couldn't shift or include in Cl squads or that didn't turn out to be of the highest quality. He sanctioned these buys, He decides the wages and the transfer fee. Poch was his choice as manager, he chose not to get a DOF. But yet you're saying he shouldn't get any blame at all but should get credit for the league and CL season even though he's never kicked a ball.

No, I said he should only be blamed for what he can control within his remit. I think he should be blamed for not getting a DOF in, I've said this previously. If he

You say he decides wages and transfers, but it's not some arbitrary figure, it's based on what is within the sustainable or manageable financial perimeters of the business he can’t really be criticised for that?

No, I said he should only be blamed for what he can control within his remit. I think he should be blamed for not getting a DOF in, I've said this previously. If he

You say he decides wages and transfers, but it's not some arbitrary figure, it's based on what is within the sustainable or manageable financial perimeters of the business he can’t really be criticised for that?
The squad is within is remit though, or if you're saying they aren't then he can't take credit for our success this .

He can't criticised for wages and transfers, he can't take credit for that either, so the great buys we've had Alli, Toby, Son etc he can't get credit for that because you're saying he can't be criticised for wages and transfers.

There is inconsistencies, you cared that we lost 13 games at time but you don't now, but yet you do want to see the issues sorted that led to us losing those games, which means you do care.

I cared at the time
I don’t care now
I will care next season if we don’t fix it
It’s not inconsistent.
Again, sitting here today, I do not care that we lost 13 games.

So you want all those who made a prediction to apologize not only the ones who made a prediction and said the club was a joke?
They should admit they were wrong....there is no one to apologise to, unless they email Levy and say “sorry I called you a cunt online”

Seriously mate you feeling alright

I'm not saying it will be more satisfying in 3 weeks, I'm asking if he leaves after the CL final will you still take some satisfaction in saying they were wrong?
One has nothing to do with the other though.....I won’t feel any satisfaction about them being wrong in three weeks if he stays either, because they are wrong now, and by time the game rolls around it’s done and dusted with this.
You’re trying to create a situation where you can say “so you care more about being right than Poch staying”

It’s as predictable as Lamela running with the ball mate.....move on.
If Poch leaves, I won’t be happy.....I will still like getting noshed off though. Is that ok?

If no one leaves, you will be ok with us not buying anyone again?

I’d want Dembele replaced but if Poch wants no other additions again and the issues I’ve earlier listed to you twice now are addressed, plus we get the best out of the un used fringe players and promote some youth if GKN and Janssen are loaned, and we rotate more and stay fit, yeah why not.

I cared at the time
I don’t care now
I will care next season if we don’t fix it
It’s not inconsistent.
Again, sitting here today, I do not care that we lost 13 games.
It is inconsistent. You clearly do care that we lost 13 games or else why does it need to be fixed?
They should admit they were wrong....there is no one to apologise to, unless they email Levy and say “sorry I called you a cunt online”

Seriously mate you feeling alright
So who do they need to admit that they are wrong to then? You?
One has nothing to do with the other though.....I won’t feel any satisfaction about them being wrong in three weeks if he stays either, because they are wrong now, and by time the game rolls around it’s done and dusted with this.
You’re trying to create a situation where you can say “so you care more about being right than Poch staying”
Yes it does, if he quits after the CL final then there is justification in the viewpoint that he was unhappy.
I’d want Dembele replaced but if Poch wants no other additions again and the issues I’ve earlier listed to you twice now are addressed, plus we get the best out of the un used fringe players and promote some youth if GKN and Janssen are loaned, and we rotate more and stay fit, yeah why not.
But you said the squad is good enough therefore if no one leaves there is no need to buy a replacement for Dembele right?

It is inconsistent. You clearly do care that we lost 13 games or else why does it need to be fixed?
Ive answered this several times. No more

So who do they need to admit that they are wrong to then? You?
Themselves would be a good start

Yes it does, if he quits after the CL final then there is justification in the viewpoint that he was unhappy.
But he didn’t quit last August so they would still be wrong

But you said the squad is good enough therefore if no one leaves there is no need to buy a replacement for Dembele right?
I said the squad was good enough last summer.
Dembele was in the squad.
He now needs replacing.

You know this isn’t working out for you right?

Fall back, John.

The year we came 3rd you predicted we would come 8-11th.

This ain't your strong point.

I can't wait for you to claim the Champions of Europe have regressed.

You said trophies are a sign of progression. If we win the biggest one there is, then what?
You said trophies weren't a sign of progression. In fact you've posted numerous stats showing how our improving league position show progress in the light of our lack of silverware.

So you've now changed your mind? It's trophies that determine progress after all.

You said trophies weren't a sign of progression. In fact you've posted numerous stats showing how our improving league position show progress in the light of our lack of silverware.

So you've now changed your mind? It's trophies that determine progress after all.
Nice try.

I've always said trophies will come in this project.

It's particular trophies.

Unless, of course, you rate the Champions League the same as the League Cup?

He’ll flip flop to whatever suits the argument without any form of conviction or sign of back-bone - why are you even surprised, John.

Nice try.

I've always said trophies will come in this project.

It's particular trophies.

Unless, of course, you rate the Champions League the same as the League Cup?
So is final league position the real sign of progress or not. You've either been lying to yourself for the past few years, or you can admit that by your own yardstick we regressed this season

Last edited:
So are league positions a sign of progress or not. You've either been lying to yourself for the past few years, or you can admit that by your own yardstick we regressed this season
It's the same debate every year. We haven't regressed at all. We're top 4 for the 4th year in a row and Champions League finalists.

Years ago I used to joke at you that we could win the Champions League and it still wouldn't be enough for you.

Well...

...look where we've landed.

So are league positions the real sign of progress or not. You've either been lying to yourself for the past few years, or you can admit that by your own yardstick we regressed this season

You say regressed but take into account the 50+ injuries and we still only missed out on 3rd by a point and we’re just 6pts behind our tally last year.

Plus went further in the cups, so more games, more travelling.

You said we were fatigued and Poch had worked miracles.
Now your saying he’s regressed.

You say regressed but take into account the 50+ injuries and we still only missed out on 3rd by a point and we’re just 6pts behind our tally last year.
For someone who endorsed and supported the club spending £0.00p and failing to add a single player last summer, using injuries as an excuse is pretty feeble tbf.

Back
Top Bottom