Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't care that we lost 13 games?

I cared at the time of course and I have issues in the manner we lost some of them.
We won 23 games though, with a depleted squad, lost Dembele, Son and Kane for much of the season (among practically everyone else)and out of form squad, went all the way on the CL, and qualified for Europe and went home.

So not, I couldn’t give a toss.

It’s over, and we address our issues.

But no actual prediction, you were non committal.
I think any genuine supporter is overjoyed at CL qualification and a CL final, that goes beyond being wrong on an internet forum.

I backed the squad.....that was my commitment. You seem to be saying that because I didn’t turn into Nostra Damus, that those who said Poch would walk and we’d finish 7th were also right about the squad.

I’d rather be non committal than commit to calling our club a joke and an embarrassing laughing stock for the entire summer.

All fans can be delighted.....but some
think our squad is shit, so I don’t know how much pride they can feel. I’m glad that’s not my problem.

They are the same issues, namely he wants better players to achieve top trophies, he wants things done in a different way.
You’re cherry picking. He said the five year plan is over and we need a new plan ..not the same issues.
We don’t have a new plan yet.
Last years plan was top 4. It’s not difficult.

That looks very clear to me, if we continue as we have done previously, he's done.
And how does that make the people who said he would leave last August right?

Losing less and winning more, not as easy as you make it sound.
Sounded very easy when you said what Liverpool need to do though.
We could turn defeats into draws. Don’t need to win them all.

As long as we are getting more points than our rivals i couldnt care.... i'd be delighted to win the league with 40 points... especially if the one side we beat was woolwich as that would mean they were relegated.

The way people carried on about AVB and his best ever points total was tragic.... a bit scouse.
People in glass houses, Mr. Ranieri.

I cared at the time of course and I have issues in the manner we lost some of them.
We won 23 games though, with a depleted squad, lost Dembele, Son and Kane for much of the season (among practically everyone else)and out of form squad, went all the way on the CL, and qualified for Europe and went home.

So not, I couldn’t give a toss.

It’s over, and we address our issues.
You cared at the time, but you couldn't give a toss now but you want us to address our issues now, those issues are in part , is the manner in which we lost 13 games? Correct?

I backed the squad.....that was my commitment. You seem to be saying that because I didn’t turn into Nostra Damus, that those who said Poch would walk and we’d finish 7th were also right about the squad.

I’d rather be non committal than commit to calling our club a joke and an embarrassing laughing stock for the entire summer.
I'm saying they don't need to eat humble pie for voicing legitimate concerns, not everyone who had concerns was saying the club was a joke or a laughing stock.

You’re cherry picking. He said the five year plan is over and we need a new plan ..not the same issues.
We don’t have a new plan yet.
Last years plan was top 4. It’s not difficult.
Ok I'm going to go along with your interpretation. If our plan is not top 4, then the new plan would have to be something more than that right? Winning the league? Do you think Levy will give Poch the resources to win the league?
And how does that make the people who said he would leave last August right?
They said he would leave because he's not happy, he's still not happy which means they were right to be concerned.
Sounded very easy when you said what Liverpool need to do though.
We could turn defeats into draws. Don’t need to win them all.
Liverpool have the money to help them to achieve that is easier, we need to operate in a 'different and creative' way.

sammyspurs sammyspurs

There is no way you can say people weren't right to be concerned at the start of this season, and that those concerns haven't been proven right. Making a CL final is great but our league performance is always the barometer of where we are really at, it's the competition we/Pochettino prioritises above all others, and it's the sternest test of consistency and quality of a team. And in the PL we have massively deteriorated in terms of consistent level of performance.

Even when we were winning games in the first third of the season, our performances were not good, and this is not just about the eye test, which told us we were not great, but we were out scoring very reliable performance metrics in terms of simple ones like the shots we were getting and allowing and more qualitative ones like xg and xga.

I remember posting on here earlier in the season that we would struggle to outperform these metrics throughout a whole season, inevitably I got the usual "stats bollocks" but that is exactly what happened in the latter half of the season, we literally started getting results that matched the metrics, which were telling us we weren't that great even when we were getting results.

Personally, I don't believe this is still all the fault of just not signing bodies in the summer. I think it started before last summer. This performance drop off started last season, not this, it's been a gradual decline. And I don't think it's all about Levy either.

Our signings- overseen by Poch - in the last two/three years have been pretty mediocre, and haven't always addressed or been intuitive to maintaining his own style of play - And Poch has also neglected to make best use of a bunch of very decent academy players who could have provided squad relief for fatigued or stressed positions. So we end up with three RB's but not a single experienced midfielder of top quality or reliable fitness.

It really isn't Levy's fault that we ended up with a squad over bloated with players that we couldn't shift or include in Cl squads or that didn't turn out to be of the highest quality.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Christ you're boring!

You cared at the time, but you couldn't give a toss now but you want us to address our issues now, those issues are in part , is the manner in which we lost 13 games? Correct?
Yeah. I hope Poch addresses his tactics and we return to pressing, I hope Eriksen and Dele find top form way more often, I hope we are more clinical in front of goal, I hope Trippier gets back to his best, I hope we replace Dembele, and I hope the squad finds fitness.

One issue out of the way is Wembley at least.

I'm saying they don't need to eat humble pie for voicing legitimate concerns, not everyone who had concerns was saying the club was a joke or a laughing stock.

Then I’m not talking about them, so why bring them up?

Ok I'm going to go along with your interpretation. If our plan is not top 4, then the new plan would have to be something more than that right? Winning the league? Do you think Levy will give Poch the resources to win the league?
I don’t know what the new plan is yet....Poch says we need one and the last chapter is closed.
When the club inform us of the next step, we’ll all know.
How can I tell you what it is now when two days ago the manager didn’t know yet.
They haven’t even sat down together yet, I’m pretty sure all eyes are on the CL right now.

hey said he would leave because he's not happy, he's still not happy which means they were right to be concerned.
I didn’t say they were wrong to be concerned. I said they were wrong that he would leave last summer and we wouldn’t finish top 4.

I’ve told you that about ten times now. Maybe it’s time to realise the distinction because it’s not rocket science.

Liverpool have the money to help them to achieve that is easier, we need to operate in a 'different and creative' way.
I don’t think we need Liverpool’s money to beat West Ham, Bournemouth, Burnley and Southampton to be honest.
We need the application that saw us knock City, Dortmund and Ajax out of the CL and draw away with Barca.

Yeah. I hope Poch addresses his tactics and we return to pressing, I hope Eriksen and Dele find top form way more often, I hope we are more clinical in front of goal, I hope Trippier gets back to his best, I hope we replace Dembele, and I hope the squad finds fitness.

I don’t know what the new plan is yet....Poch says we need one and the last chapter is closed.
How can I tell you what it is now when two days ago the manager didn’t know yet.
They haven’t even sat down together yet, I’m pretty sure all eyes are on the CL right now.

I didn’t say they were wrong to be concerned. I said they were wrong that he would leave last summer and we wouldn’t finish top 4.

I’ve told you that about ten times now. Maybe it’s time to realise the distinction because it’s not rocket science.

I don’t think we need Liverpool’s money to beat West Ham, Bournemouth, Burnley and Southampton to be honest.
We need the application that saw us knock City, Dortmund and Ajax out of the CL and draw away with Barca.

Man, you're another boring cunt!

Ok right, so you do care that we lost 13 games after all?

Because you talked about those being wrong in their prediction should apologise, you didn't say excluding the people who said the club was a joke.

Well you just said in the previous reply that our plan is not top 4 , so it's fair to deduce from that that the plan is for something higher and not lower that isn't it.

So if he leaves after the champions league final, you will still take some satisfaction in saying they were wrong?
If we just need application, then are you saying we don't really need to buy anybody then? I happen to think competition for places helps players apply themselves.

Ok right, so you do care that we lost 13 games after all?
I said I cared at the time, but now I don’t.
Our issues go beyond results so I’d like them sorted. We won some games and the issues were still there.

Why do you keep asking the same stuff. My answers are consistent.
You keep trying to trip me up but there is zero inconsistency to what I’m telling you.

Bizarre debating tactic....I’m not even sure what information you need from this and why.

Because you talked about those being wrong in their prediction should apologise, you didn't say excluding the people who said the club was a joke.
Yeah those who said Poch would leave and we’d finish outside the top 4 were wrong and should admit it.
Those who simply had concerns I’ve not mentioned.

So if he leaves after the champions league final, you will still take some satisfaction in saying they were wrong?

They are wrong now so why would it be more satisfying in three weeks?

If we just need application, then are you saying we don't really need to buy anybody then? I happen to think competition for places helps players apply themselves.
I haven’t said we just need application.
I said:
I hope Poch addresses his tactics and we return to pressing, I hope Eriksen and Dele find top form way more often, I hope we are more clinical in front of goal, I hope Trippier gets back to his best, I hope we replace Dembele, and I hope the squad finds fitness.

I’d also like signings for the players who will leave this summer.
Nothing strange about any of that.

Actually, sir, very few of us said we would fail to get top 4. But we did say standing still and doing fuck all was going backwards.

2017/18 3rd 77 points
2018/19 4th 71 points.

How is that progression?

Despite the shite abysmal seasons United, Arse and chav fans claim to have had we've clearly gone backwards and gone from comfortable top 4 to squaking in due to the calamity of others.

It's ok to be wrong mate. I was wrong on the stadium.
Also a lot of people predicted that even without spending we would finish ahead of Liverpool & Chelsea. Liverpool are miles ahead of us. Should have still finished ahead of Chelsea but we got a bit complacent I guess.

I said I cared at the time, but now I don’t.
Our issues go beyond results so I’d like them sorted. We won some games and the issues were still there.

Why do you keep asking the same stuff. My answers are consistent.
You keep trying to tBizarre debating tactic....I’m not even sure what information you need from this and why.rip me up but there is zero inconsistency to what I’m telling you.
There is inconsistencies, you cared that we lost 13 games at time but you don't now, but yet you do want to see the issues sorted that led to us losing those games, which means you do care.

Yeah those who said Poch would leave and we’d finish outside the top 4 were wrong and should admit it.
Those who simply had concerns I’ve not mentioned.
So you want all those who made a prediction to apologize not only the ones who made a prediction and said the club was a joke?
They are wrong now so why would it be more satisfying in three weeks?
I'm not saying it will be more satisfying in 3 weeks, I'm asking if he leaves after the CL final will you still take some satisfaction in saying they were wrong?
I haven’t said we just need application.
I said:

I’d also like signings for the players who will leave this summer.
Nothing strange about any of that.
If no one leaves, you will be ok with us not buying anyone again?

Actually, sir, very few of us said we would fail to get top 4. But we did say standing still and doing fuck all was going backwards.

2017/18 3rd 77 points
2018/19 4th 71 points.

How is that progression?

Despite the shite abysmal seasons United, Arse and chav fans claim to have had we've clearly gone backwards and gone from comfortable top 4 to squaking in due to the calamity of others.

It's ok to be wrong mate. I was wrong on the stadium.
Fall back, John.

The year we came 3rd you predicted we would come 8-11th.

This ain't your strong point.

I can't wait for you to claim the Champions of Europe have regressed.

You said trophies are a sign of progression. If we win the biggest one there is, then what?

Back
Top Bottom