Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because he said he doesn't know what the plan is, talks about being brave and taking risks etc etc.
Quite an interesting one because the people you claim were right about the squad not being top 4 last summer also said the manager was going to walk, on three separate occasions.

Apparently they were spot on and have no reason to retract a single word

:pochfacepalm:

We played a risky game not strengthening the team in two windows. Ok , we made top 4 by the skin of our teeth - and more because the Scum fucked up more than anything we did. 13 defeats. Blowing an 11 point lead. Fine margins. All very well saying we acheived the objective, but it was more luck than judgment. Chelsea had an awful year - still finished above us. Scum had abysmal year - finished 1 point below us.

The CL run has overshadowed the bad league run we had after xmas.

If we win it (please god) it will be a miracle or gargantuan proporitions. I'd love to see The Dippers with nothing this season. But, without sounding like a party pooper, I can't see us getting back to the final next year (like LFC have done) without SIGNIFICANT investment in the squad.

All very well having the best training facilities in the world and the best stadium in the world - BUT NOW WE NEED THE BEST TEAM TO MATCH IT.

WINNING THE CL COULD BE THE CATALYST.

I agree that we'll be a sustainable business but people have been saying for sometime that we if playing in the champions league regularly, we'll be able to get X, Y player, pay higher wages, so far nothing has materialised and tbh I don't expect it too. I think Levy has offered players to Poch, I believe it was him that offered one of your favourite players, Sissoko.

But we have started paying bigger wages.

Quite an interesting one because the people you claim were right about the squad not being top 4 last summer also said the manager was going to walk, on three separate occasions.

Apparently they were spot on and have no reason to retract a single word

:pochfacepalm:
We qualified by 1 point having lost 13 games, the same number as wolves. I don't know how you take that as some kind of resounding victory at their point being wrong. He made the best out of a bad situation and power to him but I definitely see no reason for people to retract their words, when he's come out in the press saying what he's been saying.

We qualified by 1 point having lost 13 games, the same number as wolves
Do you work for Sky?
Same as Wolves? What about the part where we won 7 more games than Wolves and gained 14 more points?
Oops

. I don't know how you take that as some kind of resounding victory at their point being wrong.
I´ll make it easy:
They said the squad was not top 4. We finished top 4
They said Poch would quit. Poch didnt quit.

He made the best out of a bad situation and power to him but I definitely see no reason for people to retract their words, when he's come out in the press saying what he's been saying.
So when the back up proved it was good enough to finish in the position they claimed it couldnt, they were still right?
If we win the CL, are they still right?

hahahah

Do you work for Sky?
Same as Wolves? What about the part where we won 7 more games than Wolves and gained 14 more points?
Oops
Well we finished higher that wolves so obviously we won more games. Doesn't change the fact that we lost the same amount as them though.
I´ll make it easy:
They said the squad was not top 4. We finished top 4
They said Poch would quit. Poch didnt quit.
It doesn't mean that nothing they had to say was valid, we qualified by the skin of our teeth.
Poch hasn't quit yet, I don't think anyone is expecting him to quit before the champions league final, again people aren't wrong to be concerned given what he said.
So when the back up proved it was good enough to finish in the position they claimed it couldnt, they were still right?
If we win the CL, are they still right?

hahahah
I thought we already established that Janssen and GNK are not good enough and they are back up right. Sissoko and Llorente weren't proven to be good enough up until this season so the cliam that back up isn't good enough is legitmate.

Well we finished higher that wolves so obviously we won more games. Doesn't change the fact that we lost the same amount as them though.
I suppose City are gutted they lost 3 more games than Liverpool eh

It doesn't mean that nothing they had to say was valid, we qualified by the skin of our teeth.

They said we wasn’t top 4 though.
That makes them wrong.
“He’s 28 until he’s 29”

Poch hasn't quit yet, I don't think anyone is expecting him to quit before the champions league final, again people aren't wrong to be concerned given what he said.

If he quits tomorrow, they were still wrong that he would quit last August.
Do understand how life works?
If I predict the title next year, and we come 3rd, but win it the year after, was I still right?

Is that how it works? Maybe if should get myself down Ladbrooks

I thought we already established that Janssen and GNK are not good enough and they are back up right. Sissoko and Llorente weren't proven to be good enough up until this season so the cliam that back up isn't good enough is legitmate.
The back up was good enough though.....the back up as in Sissoko, Winks, Davies, Aurier, KWP, Gazzaniga, Llorente, Wanyama, Dier, Lamela, Moura, Foyth and Sanchez were all good enough.

Is Liverpool’s squad not good enough because Lallana is unused?

We qualified by 1 point having lost 13 games, the same number as wolves. I don't know how you take that as some kind of resounding victory at their point being wrong. He made the best out of a bad situation and power to him but I definitely see no reason for people to retract their words, when he's come out in the press saying what he's been saying.

We also had no home advantage for 75% of our season, no pre season for not only 9 of our starting XI with most of them going until the very last moments of the World Cup (3 days back at the training ground before the opening day 7 of them had), we also had no pre season for Winks and Foyth as he got injured and missed out over in the States so that's 11 players with no pre season, plus we had injury disaster after disaster in key areas.

2 ankle ligament injuries to Kane, 3 hamstrings and a broken hand for Dele, 20 games missed for Vertonghen, Aurier, Wanyama & Dier yet we still got our objective and our goal. All without throwing needless money at someone just because the general consensus is you only progress if you spend money. We've gone from the last 16 in the worlds hardest club competition to win down to the last 2. It seems to me that whilst we did play a risky game not signing anyone that having faith in the current squad until something worth buying came along is now well and truly justified.

We had an erratic year on the field yes but off the field we had so many variables, including the reckless decision by the league to close the window 3 weeks earlier than the rest of Europe which, at the time out all English teams at a huge disadvantage at the negotiation stage of deals, yet we came through it in the end.

The chairman got slated for worst case scenarios that could have happened last summer, I think it's time some that did so actually praise him for making big decisions and it paying off like it has done. Very few unfortunately will as it doesn't suit their agenda or will damage their pride. We spent no money at a time when money is tight, we trusted the squad and they've secured top 4 as well as a final amongst Europes elite. Fair play to them for doing so under alll the circumstances surrounding 2018/19

Last edited:
I suppose City are gutted they lost 3 more games than Liverpool eh
If I was a city player I would be, even after winning the league, top professionals always want to improve and always want to be the best.

They said we wasn’t top 4 though.
That makes them wrong.
“He’s 28 until he’s 29”
It doesn't make them wrong to voice those concerns though.
If someone sees dark clouds and believes it's going to pour down and it doesn't happen, it remains dry.
it doesn't mean they were wrong to have that concern, it was based on something tangible.

If he quits tomorrow, they were still wrong that he would quit last August.
Do understand how life works?
If I predict the title next year, and we come 3rd, but win it the year after, was I still right?

Is that how it works? Maybe if should get myself down Ladbrooks
No but it doesn't mean that your prediction was not valid at all especially if you lost by a single point.

The back was good enough though.....the back up as in Sissoko, Winks, Davies, Aurier, KWP, Gazzaniga, Llorente, Wanyama, Dier, Lamela, Moura, Foyth and Sanchez were all good enough.
Is Liverpool’s squad not good enough because Lallana is unused?
Liverpool squad is very good but I'm certain they are going to look to improve this summer, they have Simon Mignolet as a back up keeper, Lovern and Orgi and a crocked Sturridge. Not good enough, infact we should all get on our knees and pray that Mignolet plays in the final, we'll see some Karius type shit if he does. So yeah not good enough to not want to out and spend to improve the squad.

Back
Top Bottom