Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we need to be honest with ourselves. If it'd been Klopp / Emery / Sarri who had gone up to the ref and done what Poch did, we'd all be clamouring for a ban.

I don't blame Poch for reacting the way he did - it shows passion, and the utter gash reffereeing drove him to it, but it was still against the rules, and he's been appropriately punished.

Job done, move on.

So what was Poch thinking when he repeatedly asked Dean " you know what you are"

A cunt?:pochlol:
A glory seeking dramatic side charterer always craving for the spotlight due to his miserable childhood being cast away by everyone on account of looking like a boiled egg with decaying horseradish on it

or something

and we thought the 2 game ban was excessive, but it was reduced from three! This was the first I heard of the tunnel incident though - maybe if it wasn't for that, they'd have stayed with just a fine.
I hope the cock-eyed vulture is off rotation for our matches from now on.

It's been said before, but referees seem to have WAY too much protection, week after week there's ridiculously bad decisions being given yet the refs are seemingly never held accountable for it, yet any manager or player who speaks up is instantly smacked down by the FA or Premier League.

I couldn't really care mate TBH, Poch broke the rules for going up to him. I'm alright with him doing that too.
Knowing what Dean said or didn't say is immaterial, Poch still instigated it.

It's a bit like those that want refs to come out at the end of a game a justify their decision for offside or whatever, serves zero purpose.
Yes Poch went up to remonstrate at the final whistle... fine, we saw that.... and he was rightfully punished for it (though a 2 game ban still seems a bit harsh, compared with the fine that Gurning Chest Slapping Cap Wearer got for running on the pitch... twice!)

But whatever Dean said in reply clearly provoked Poch to turn back and ask him to repeat what he said for the cameras... which Dean wasn't prepared to do...
Probably 'cos it was some misguided attempt at being 'Pally with the Football people' (at best) or some snidey little smug comment that showed/proved an obvious bias towards another team... safe in the knowledge he has the FA covering his smiley slimey face!!
...don't think Poch should've even given Dean the time of day to be honest, and present him with an opportunity to comment... but he clearly DID say something that incited a response.

I was just curious as to what it was, thass all.

Last edited:
I read Dean's report, not once does he mention Poch actually saying "What did you say? Say it again for the cameras, say it again, say it again"

the 'You know what you are" sounds like BS to me.

We know if Dean had added "what did you say? Say it again" to his report the FA and media would be on everyone to find out what he said. This is clearly a cover up. Is Poch really doing anyone any favours by not saying what happened.

We know if Dean had added "what did you say? Say it again" to his report the FA and media would be on everyone to find out what he said. This is clearly a cover up. Is Poch really doing anyone any favours by not saying what happened.

No, he isn't, if Dean said something then I actually think it’s imperative for the integrity of the game that it is exposed.

By allowing it to happen it just proves that refs can get away with anything and always be safe.

No, he isn't, if Dean said something then I actually think it’s imperative for the integrity of the game that it is exposed.

By allowing it to happen it just proves that refs can get away with anything and always be safe.
Every word the officials say is recorded, this includes in the tunnel and during a specific meeting time set aside after every game for managers of the clubs to talk to the officials. This has been the case since Jon Obi Mikel accused Clattenburg of being a racist.

Personally I have more problem with the amount of shit that referees have to tolerate. I just do not understand why FIFA/UEFA/FA's do not eradicate players giving referees any kind of abuse at all. FIFA and UEFA generally seem to have a lower tolerance in their tournaments, but the FA just seem happy to tolerate players screaming obscenities in referees/officials faces.

I don't really understand why a manager, rightly, gets punished for doing it, but players don't.

I don't get this idea of holding referees "accountable". What's that gonna achieve?! The problem is that it's a hard job and we have so little respect or investment for it. Who the heck would want to be a ref when it means getting abused on a weekly basis, and doesn't pay enough to make a living unless you reach the very top level? If you want better refs you need to pay them properly at lower levels of the game so more young ones come through and can be considered for the PL if they're talented. And you need to clamp down massively on abuse, both at the professional level (for the example it sets) and at grassroots. Moaning that the ones we have aren't perfect isn't going to get us anywhere.

Every word the officials say is recorded, this includes in the tunnel and during a specific meeting time set aside after every game for managers of the clubs to talk to the officials. This has been the case since Jon Obi Mikel accused Clattenburg of being a racist.

So why has what Dean said not been disclosed then? That’s what I don’t understand, Dean has come out and said everything that Poch has said but hasn’t told us what he said that made Poch come back towards him after he was walking off.

It seems like they are purposefully not telling the entire story here.

Unless of course Dean said nothing whatsoever and if that was the case I would have expected Dean to say in his report “I said nothing to provoke him” or “It was unprovoked”

So why has what Dean said not been disclosed then? That’s what I don’t understand, Dean has come out and said everything that Poch has said but hasn’t told us what he said that made Poch come back towards him after he was walking off.

Unless of course Dean said nothing whatsoever and if that was the case I would have expected Dean to say in his report “I said nothing to provoke him” or “It was unprovoked”
The problem with your reasoning is that youre expecting Dean to act like a mensch.

There's about as much chance of that happening as there is of Kenny Sansom not necking a few bottles of cheap wine in the park tonight

Kenny-Sansom.jpg

What is the point of knowing? Really? What does it change? What would it change?

Poch STILL gets fined and banned for approaching the ref. (FWIW I think a ban is harsh considering Klopp, and others, are often in the faces of Refs or 4th officials or running onto the pitch (Oh, Poch has also run onto the pitch twice once at the battle of the bridge, the other time against Woolwich) without a ban.

I honestly do not understand the rage surrounding this, Poch got what you would expect.

The problem with your reasoning is that youre expecting Dean to act like a mensch.

There's about as much chance of that happening as there is of Kenny Sansom not necking a few bottles of cheap wine in the park tonight

Kenny-Sansom.jpg

lol!

Honestly though jokes aside I just want the officials to act like professionals, I feel like they are far too protected and that’s why they act like they are above criticism.

I think paying sports fans should have the right to know what they say in situations like that.

Back
Top Bottom