Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s not Man Utds type either then, but that didnt stop you worrying about him not saying “I want to stay at Spurs for 20yrs and also not join Man Utd”

Of course he is.

Plays good football. Promotes youth. That's pretty much the remit for the United job pre and post Mourinho.

When did I say I was worried? I don't think he will leave us in the summer. Year after? More likely. Just like I feel Kane will also leave us one day. I'm enjoying it as it is.

What youth have United promoted since SAFs Beckham team

Lingard.
Rashford.
Pereira.
McTominay.
Evans.
Januzaj.
Welbeck.
Cleverley.
Fletcher.
Gibson.
Macheda.
Tuanzebe.

Probably more. No idea. Those came off the top of my head. Solsjkaer is already giving youth players game time in Chong and Gomes.

I'd prefer they give him the job.

Lingard.
Rashford.
Pereira.
McTominay.
Evans.
Januzaj.
Welbeck.
Cleverley.
Fletcher.
Gibson.
Macheda.
Tuanzebe.

Probably more. No idea. Those came off the top of my head. Solsjkaer is already giving youth players game time in Chong and Gomes.

There’s one good player there

What's that got to do with anything?
Just don’t think its been their thing since the late 90s.
They exhausted the Beckham era team, and never really tried to recreate that, as opposed to just buying.
Ole has promoted Rashford.....so...I was saying three years ago we should go for him when Jose bought Zlatan.
Doesn’t take a genius to see he’s a player.
Let’s see how many youth they promote when Ole gets his “war chest”

Just don’t think its been their thing since the late 90s.
They exhausted the Beckham era team, and never really tried to recreate that, as opposed to just buying.
Ole has promoted Rashford.....so...I was saying three years ago we should go for him when Jose bought Zlatan.
Doesn’t take a genius to see he’s a player.
Let’s see how many youth they promote when Ole gets his “war chest”

Van Gaal promoted alot of youth. Problem is, they sacked him for being successful and hired someone who used to be successful who doesn't care about youth.

I imagine Solsjkaer will pad his squad out with the clubs best academy graduates (Gomes, Greenwood, Lingard, Rashford, Pogba) and then use his money to buy in areas needed such as defence. He's the right man for the job. It'd be disrespectful not to give it to him.

He’s not Man Utds type either then, but that didnt stop you worrying about him not saying “I want to stay at Spurs for 20yrs and also not join Man Utd”
20yrs don’t say that some on here will have hung,drawn and quartered for suggesting that, jaysus man.

tenor.gif

Lingard.
Rashford.
Pereira.
McTominay.
Evans.
Januzaj.
Welbeck.
Cleverley.
Fletcher.
Gibson.
Macheda.
Tuanzebe.

To be fair, at least, if not more than half of those were brought through from the academy under Fergie's tenure.

EDIT:
Believe it or not even Lingard made matchday squads under old red nose.

To be fair, at least, if not more than half of those were brought through from the academy under Fergie's tenure.

EDIT:
Believe it or not even Lingard made matchday squads under old red nose.

I know they were.

But that wasn't the question, he wanted to know since Beckham days, which I assumed was the 90s. All of those mentioned were given their debuts mid 00s and beyond.

Back
Top Bottom