Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We must be naughty!
mail8.jpg

The fuck are are you on. I was delighted when he signed a contract.

You seem to keep mistaking my comments with other peoples.
Its like you're obsessed with me

But here was your reaction to Spursdem about Pochs new contract

The naivity on display here is staggering, really.

So when Poch is wheeled out in front of the cameras at the end of a transfer window where he received zero backing, and says he's happy with his squad it must mean he's happy with the whole situation.

But when his own ghost writer, penning a book on his behalf, reveals just last week, that Poch expected to be backed with players of the highest possible calibre, he must be lying.

You think accepting a £3.5million a year pay rise, before the transfer window even got going, proves Poch was delighted with the way the window supsequently played out.

You think by being brave he meant dont sign anyone.

You think every word ever uttered by any manager must be taken as unquestionable fact, never to doubted.
How fucking gullible is this shit.

Look, squeak, I know you had really tough time on here through the summer. Humiliated and discredited on so many occassions even I found it uncomfortable to see, so I'm guessing this is some kind last hurrah to regain some clout among your dwindling little fanclub
Because surely, surely you're not so naive and uber-gullible your posts above suggest
But it doesn't wash mate. It really isn't worth it.

*delighted*

:pochfacepalm:

Remember Denzel Washington in the Bone Collector?

That’s what I imagine Ossie Wembley has setup upon hearing 20 more years of Poch. Vitamin, adrenaline and nutrient IV drips, big screen locked on this thread. Settling in to a solid double decade shift of Poch-based misery.

He’ll be secretly ecstatic.

Fast forward to 2022 as the cheers from the league and CL double winning Spurs bus goes past in the distance..

“Shouldn’t have had to wait so long, Warnock would have built a dynasty by n....”

Buuuuuuuuuu.....(life support flatlines)

Maurizio Sarri says Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino needs to win a trophy

Part mind games of course but there is truth that it would add to the aura around the man.

I certainly believe we have had enough chances to have done this already.

My thoughts on winning this competition is that it will be exceptionally hard, so I just want us to win this semi-final before talking of the significance of a Cup win. City will have had the easiest route to the final by far should they get there.

To see Pochettino lead us out though in another final at this juncture would I think make him appreciate the magnitude of it to the fans.

Last edited:
Where do I say I wasn't delighted he'd signed a new contract?

I read between the lines John. I thought direct quotes don’t matter...

Based on your reaction to Poch signing and all the talk about him being shafted, and your view that contracts extensions are nothing more than increasing the sale price of our staff I made a conclusion that his 6 years mean little to you, and therefore you take no delight in it.

You said to me just a few days ago, “ so if he leaves in the summer will you admit Levy has let him down over signings”

But his 6 years delight you?

You have never once said that you think he’ll be here to honour it.
You don’t have to say “I AM NOT DELIGHTED”.
You’ve said a lot worse.

Maurizio Sarri says Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino needs to win a trophy

Part mind games of course but there is truth that it would add to the aura around the man.

I certainly believe we have had enough chances to have done this already.

My thoughts on winning this competition is that it will exceptionally hard, so I just want us to win this semi-final before talking of the significance of a Cup win.

To see Pochettino lead us out in another final at this juncture would I think make him appreciate the magnitude of it to the fans.

All mind games - what the fuck has Sarri won?

You have never once said that you think he’ll be here to honour it.
You don’t have to say “I AM NOT DELIGHTED”.
You’ve said a lot worse.
I've said repeatedly I'm delighted he's our manager. I'm delighted he signed a new contract.
What I've also said is I hope he gets the backing he deserves so we actually see him see out his contract. And beyond

There is nothing in that post of mine you quoted that contradicts this.
You're boxing yourself in again

I've said repeatedly I'm delighted he's our manager. I'm delighted he signed a new contract.
What I've also said is I hope he gets the backing he deserves so we actually see him see out his contract. And beyond

There is nothing in that post of mine you quoted that contradicts this.
You're boxing yourself in again

So you´re delighted he was tricked into signing a new contract, and lied to about signings and thats the only reason he signed it, and you think he will walk one year into it because he wont be backed.....that delights you?

Try your fucking tripe on someone else mate, you´re an absolute embarrassment

So you´re delighted he was tricked into signing a new contract, and lied to about signings and thats the only reason he signed it, and you think he will walk one year into it because he wont be backed.....that delights you?

Try your fucking tripe on someone else mate, you´re an absolute embarrassment
Yes. Delighted hes our manager. Disappointed he wasn't backed in the Summer after signing his contract. Hoping he gets the backing and support he's looking for in the future so he's able to stay here here until he retires.
Clear and transparent .

Yes. Delighted hes our manager. Disappointed he wasn't backed in the Summer after signing his contract. Hoping he gets the backing and support he's looking for in the future so he's able to stay here here until he retires.
Clear and transparent .

No, doesn’t wash John, becaue you’ve spent a year undermining his contract extension.
Why do you keep saying you’re delighted he’s our manager when I’m not disputing that.
You have shown nothing but poison and sceptisism towards Levy ever since Poch signed. You’ve put zero faith in his contract meaning anything and you genuinely believe it was signed under false promises and he was subsequently shafted by the club.

Delightful stuff indeed.

You fool no one

Edit: You fool no one except Scott

Last edited:
A half hour press conference where he says pretty much exactly what any Spurs fan would want to hear, and then a lighthearted reference to Wenger towards the end is the headline they ran with.

That right there is why the media are cunts, and why the average person has never had less respect for them than they do now.
Impeccable analysis and I share 100%

YES - Everybody considers their options probably every day, that doesn't mean you make any changes.

I often consider giving up drinking, moving back to the UK, holding less cunt-offs, but none of those things are ever likely to happen.

Poch will, and no doubt has over the last four years, considered moving to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Utd, PSG and feck knows who else, there is no question pretty much any of them would want him.

But actions speak louder than words, Poch is now the eighth longest serving manager in the entire football league, since 1950 only Billy Nick has won more games for Spurs, Poch has only just signed the biggest and longest management contract in the clubs entire history ...

Poch could become the first Spurs manager to win the EPL, the first Spurs manager to win the CL, and he will be the first Spurs manager in our new Stadium, the best stadium in the EPL.

Does all that sound like the actions of a man who is about to leave?

Sure I bet like all of us he will 'consider his options' but I'd also bet that he's going nowhere anytime soon ....
Thats fine. I totally agree with you. You think he will consider his options whereas others have said they don't think he will during the next few years. No big deal.
I also agree with you that he will will consider his options but choose to stay for at least the next few years.
I still doubt he will be here in 20 years. Just doesn't seem to happen anymore but if it does...great!

Last edited:
Just noticed that John Thomas John Thomas also said this

You think accepting a £3.5million a year pay rise, before the transfer window even got going, proves Poch was delighted with the way the window supsequently played out

John is delighted that Poch is not delighted
:dembele:

A half hour press conference where he says pretty much exactly what any Spurs fan would want to hear, and then a lighthearted reference to Wenger towards the end is the headline they ran with.

That right there is why the media are cunts, and why the average person has never had less respect for them than they do now.
Yep. This and the Times running with “Poch hints at Spurs exit”. Fucking pathetic. I hate the press in this country.

Back
Top Bottom