Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How much did Barcelona pay for Messi? How much did we pay for Harry Kane?
Fair comment when taken in isolation.. However it's pretty clear that it's the policy of the current regime to actively look to pay relatively little for players (as the poster put it. His words)

Its policy that led to us signing zero players in the summer.
Refusing to pay market rate, but expecting top whack ourselves when we sell.

This is all well and good. But when the club in question pays it's chairman more than any other club, charges it's fans higher ticket prices than any other club, and feeds off the PL gravy train just like every other club, it becomes morally bankrupt.

But a great business model, of course.

But I also enjoyed watching them in the 90's, as shite as we were.

I'm not sure I'd use the word 'enjoy'. I watched matches in those days with dread and anticipation. In fact, it's taken me years to not see Spurs 2-0 up and think we might still lose. Luckily, there were always 3 worse teams and we did always have a bit of swagger to show every now and again.

I just want to enjoy watching Spurs.
Trophies are the cherry. I don't play cricket on a Saturday or football on a Sunday to win (although a bonus). I play because I enjoy it. If your only enjoyment in Spurs is winning trophies, it's not the club for you.
Well a guess its a shame we don't all share your carefree attitude to supporting Spurs. I'd like to, but I can't.

When we lose, my whole weekend feels ruined. I'm angry and deflated and ready to argue with or punch anyone who comes close.
When we win I feel euphoric and on a high. I'm a different person.
My football club is a massive part of my life. Much more than an afternoon game of cricket!

But we can't just change clubs because our passions run high, as you seem to suggest with your last sentence.
Spurs is the club for me.

Different types of fan I suppose

Last edited:
No one was in for him.

He was being sold cheaply in the January window - that says it all to his value at that point.
Because you said

Spam signed over £100m on players, that doesn't make them a £100m better squad.
It only means that they spent £100m on shite.
The only thing that matters is the quality of player, not their price.

They didn’t spent £100 million on shite - they spent nearly half of that on Felipe Anderson who has been excellent so far. All squads will have their values driven by the players they have and theirs has been enhanced in terms of quality and value by the summer. As I have said time and time again the quality of a player will determine the value of a player and we have one of the best squads in the league which is reflected it being valued as one of the most valued in Europe. It’s not really that hard to understand and I really do not understand this desire to talk down the quality of the players that we have simply to elevate our manager. The issue here is not with the talent available to us player wise - the issue is with the talent level of our manager which is far less than players he has under him.

When has the club's PR said never to criticise Poch or Levy or the star players?

The job of the club's PR is to be positive. Most fans choose to be positive. Just because those thing
They didn’t spent £100 million on shite - they spent nearly half of that on Felipe Anderson who has been excellent so far. All squads will have their values driven by the players they have and theirs has been enhanced in terms of quality and value by the summer. As I have said time and time again the quality of a player will determine the value of a player and we have one of the best squads in the league which is reflected it being valued as one of the most valued in Europe. It’s not really that hard to understand and I really do not understand this desire to talk down the quality of the players that we have simply to elevate our manager. The issue here is not with the talent available to us player wise - the issue is with the talent level of our manager which is far less than players he has under him.

problem with pseudo intellectuals is total lack of self awareness. you really have no idea that while proclaiming everyone else's lack of a wider scope of understanding, it's actually you that's displaying a completely myopic point of view. You want to keep putting words into peoples mouths and completely disregard actual salient points in favor of made up ones. You've decided on the narrative, and everything else has to fit.

Every forum has one.

Are you trolling?

problem with pseudo intellectuals is total lack of self awareness. you really have no idea that while proclaiming everyone else's lack of a wider scope of understanding, it's actually you that's displaying a completely myopic point of view. You want to keep putting words into peoples mouths and completely disregard actual salient points in favor of made up ones. You've decided on the narrative, and everything else has to fit.

Every forum has one.

Salient points? lol I await those eagerly.

It would be nice if someone could actually step up and prove a challenge to me - it’s all too easy. I should set up a alt account to show you lot how it is done.

Fair comment when taken in isolation.. However it's pretty clear that it's the policy of the current regime to actively look to pay relatively little for players (as the poster put it. His words)

Its policy that led to us signing zero players in the summer.
Refusing to pay market rate, but expecting top whack ourselves when we sell.

Except of course you are talking bollocks as usual JT

In the last five years Spurs have spent 397m Euros on new players .... that's more than Woolwich ... and we've had one window with zero spend .... sure City and Utd have spent double but they haven't built a 850m stadium ...

So we very obviously have spent the market rate we're just much better at selling for market rate than our rivals ... that's 100% down to good management ... why can't you understand these basic business fundamentals?

Premier-League-Net-Spend-in-Last-5-years.jpg

Salient points? lol I await those eagerly.

It would be nice if someone could actually step up and prove a challenge to me - it’s all to easy. I should set up a alt account to show you lot how it is done.
kind of re-reinforcing my point there mate.

I know in your head this sounds good.

Well a guess its a shame we don't all share your carefree attitude to supporting Spurs. I'd like to, but I can't.

When we lose, my whole weekend feels ruined. I'm angry and deflated and ready to argue with or punch anyone who comes close.
My football club is a massive part of my life. Much more than an afternoon game of cricket!

But we can't just change clubs because our passions run high, as you seem to suggest with your last sentence.

Oh yes John, you are truly special

no-one else feels like that at all, just you.

its all about you - and how you have been let down and lied to.
How the management of the club has failed you personally by not buying 5 marquee signings a window - so you personally can lord it up.

It must be terrible knowing that all of this has been done to hurt and disappoint you alone - and how really irritating it must be that the rest of us just don't care like you do - and the frustrations that you must endure - knowing that we just don't get it - like you alone do.

Yeah, you really are a different kind of a fan.

It's an unmitigated joy (for us second rate, uneducated and uncaring supporters) to see you post the same message, day after day after day.
Someone should make a film about something like that

Except of course you are talking bollocks as usual JT

In the last five years Spurs have spent 397m Euros on new players .... that's more than Woolwich ... and we've had one window with zero spend .... sure City and Utd have spent double but they haven't built a 850m stadium ...

So we very obviously have spent the market rate we're just much better at selling for market rate than our rivals ... that's 100% down to good management ... why can't you understand these basic business fundamentals?

Premier-League-Net-Spend-in-Last-5-years.jpg

Don't throw ACTUAL figures / evidence at him. It will just get ignored if it doesn't fit his biased narrative.

Oh that we should all show as much PASHUN as JT.

He's so passionate about how let down he feels by the owners of his beloved club that he'll scream and scream on here until he is sick. Brave, noble JT doing all he can to fight the good fight against the evil bureaucracy of ENIC (as long as it doesn't involve stepping away from his screen).

Hopefully Joe and Daniel will read his passionate posts on here and see the error of their ways.

None of us like to see Spurs lose mate - but most of us are emotionally mature enough to not take it out on fellow supporters when we do.

Back
Top Bottom