Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't have a problem with anyone critiquing the qualities of the manager but then do it for good and bad. Just not turning up during the transfer window or after a defeat to wallow when things haven't gone well.

We have so many more ups than downs these days, it is mostly one huge up. We are seeing our team play in a way and compete in a way that most of only dreamed about.

Yes we may have finished in the top 6 a lot during the past 12 years which is great but we have made great progress and you can't even compare a 6th place finish 30-40 points off the top with what we have achieved the last 2 seasons. We have actually competed until the end of the season!

And we will have losses, and we won't always beat teams that we either should or that we beat last season but that's life and football.

My opinion has been consistent whatever the result as it should be. And it is hardly a contentious view point to claim that our manager is not one of the games best or that he has weaknesses. No one is trying to claim he isn’t a good manager or that we haven’t progressed under him. My opinion is that he is being elevated above his level by many, that’s hardly something to become upset over.

Travesty of a team? Our worst league placing this decade is 6th and we have only finished outside of that placing once in the last 12 years. He inherited a side that contained the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Erisken Dembele, Rose and Walker so let’s not pretend as if he inherited the Spurs side of the ‘90s. I love how the notion that critiquing of the qualities of our manager somehow results in a poster being a Wum or troll. That such statement can be made on a discussion board.
Yeah, and how good were those players before he came in? Everybody were screaming when Rose signed and extension and nobody thought Jan could defend. We were being torn apart by every top side when Poch came in. Fuck off back to your cave you troll

Yeah, and how good were those players before he came in? Everybody were screaming when Rose signed and extension and nobody thought Jan could defend. We were being torn apart by every top side when Poch came in. Fuck off back to your cave you troll

Dembele was outstanding in his first season, Vertonghen made PFA team of the year in his whilst Hugo was outstanding from the word go. Have these players progressed since then absolutely but to try claim that he didn’t inherit a side that had talent whose worst finish was 6th was simply absurd. And yes we were getting beaten by the top sides that’s what happens when a manager gets sacked and interim is put in place. If I am a troll so be it, I would readily take that than be the precious snowflakes that you and some others are when it comes to differing opinions.

You finally got me, on a spelling, but finally. Well done, does that mean you will stop following me around now?
Your spelling is atrocious and I’m certainly not following you around. Don’t hide behind the ‘discussion board’ door and then complain when you get challenged. Your pseudo intellectual bullshit makes me laugh to be honest.

I think its easy to forget in the whirlwind of Pochettino's arrival and the progress we've seen that as well as having a young side this is still a young manager as well. Say what you like about Wenger, he's still a wily old cunt and he did a number on us today. They pushed their front three onto our back three then found space behind the wing backs, and it caught us out. Like others have said, its very hard to win at these places. For that matter look at our record at home to the top sides last year, its a two way street. The thing is that so far this manager has risen to every challenge. The team got tired near the end of his first seasons, now they finish strongly. His favoured pressing game came up short on occasion and he developed alternatives. Players who didn't shape up have been cut loose and young ones have developed tremendously. All that says this is a manager capable of responding to challenges. Judging by his face at full time he's going to be working on it that's for sure.

Your spelling is atrocious and I’m certainly not following you around. Don’t hide behind the ‘discussion board’ door and then complain when you get challenged. Your pseudo intellectual bullshit makes me laugh to be honest.

I spelt Clouseau incorrectly oh the horror. And you know full well you do, every time I enter into a debate that Joe Clash notification pops up. Now if you had anything of note to add I wouldn’t mind but it’s largely ad hominem or endless complaints about how I shouldn’t be saying such a thing. It has now seemingly moved onto spelling.

Listen I want my viewpoint challenged, I want differing opinions to mine, I want debate. What I don’t want is this mindless drivel you and some others engage in, It’s tiresome and unproductive.

Obviously we need to improve away against the top 6, but I dont believe this is what stopping us from winning the league, for instance the team with the best record against the top 6 last season was Liverpool, and we lost 2-0 today, last season the champions lost 3-0 in the same fixture.

My opinion has been consistent whatever the result as it should be. And it is hardly a contentious view point to claim that our manager is not one of the games best or that he has weaknesses. No one is trying to claim he isn’t a good manager or that we haven’t progressed under him. My opinion is that he is being elevated above his level by many, that’s hardly something to become upset over.
My opinion is that he is the best manager we've had in my memory (I'm 35, so we'll say since 1990).

Would you trade him for any other manager we could feasibly have? Or is it the fans waxing lyrical that you object to?

My opinion is that he is the best manager we've had in my memory (I'm 35, so we'll say since 1990).

Would you trade him for any other manager we could feasibly have? Or is it the fans waxing lyrical that you object to?

Wouldn't trade him for anyone, I think some people forget we simply cannot compete with the likes of city and Chelsea when it comes to financial doping, if we took the money away from the other "top" 6, and made them do it the hard way then I have no doubt we would already have won the league.

Back
Top Bottom