Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting rid of AVB would be the biggest mistake Spurs would make in the next 10 years. Mark my words.

Southampton fans cannot wait to get shot of him. They actually want to gift wrap, and give him to us. Ominous. Look at their form in the league, its shit.

If it aint broken, dont try and fix it. Im happy with the way it is going.

Capoue hasn't impressed me once this season so I really, really couldnt care less if he went.

If his name was Frank Smith no one would be interested in him but as he is the latest 'carlos kick a ball' in managerial form he MUST be good.

Anyway no thanks I would rather stick and see where Tim takes us and hopefully a young english manager can get us some good results before now and the end of the season to shut these fucking idiots up who think all foreigners are either god like players or managers.

:pochsmirk:

I think Poch and his backroom TEAM are up amongst the best in the world!
The spirit amongst them is immense... it must make The players feel part of a strong, solid, family unit.

Imagine Mourihno's GK coach being allowed to get as much 'coverage'!!

I think he would do an incredible job at Spurs - But there will be casualties
He will lay out his ideas and ethos out and the players will need to buy into them and not all of them will.
The unanswered question withy regard to Poch is how he manages the "Bigger" players. At Espanyol and Saints he hasn't really had any superstars, to have to mould or develop (It is easier to dictate how you want things done to young or ego free players). For those that do buy into him or as a minimum simply tow the line, he will get the very best out of them and I think that is his biggest skill. He will also improve and develop the younger players, which seems to be his mantra.

Player for player you have a better squad than us - If he can knit them together and playing to their potential in the way he done for us, then you'll be very successful.
There is a conflict between expectation and developing the younger players, so without knowing what Levy wants in that department it's hard to comment how that will play out, but don't be surprised to suddenly see unknown players from your academy on the bench or even in the team. I am probably just a soppy old sod, but there is something very gratifying about watching homegrown talent and Poch will give them a chance.

As I said before, I could live with losing all our star players if we got to keep him and hope we do everything we can to keep him.
Oh and For the purists amongst you - you will play the best football you have for years.

But that's all irrelevant - There's only one Frank De Boer :) :) :) : )
Scary how accurate all of this is

I think Poch and his backroom TEAM are up amongst the best in the world!
The spirit amongst them is immense... it must make The players feel part of a strong, solid, family unit.

Imagine Mourihno's GK coach being allowed to get as much 'coverage'!!
Poch and Toni are still quite competitive, driven to win or improve as coaches or previously players.
This really shines through here, and in everything they do with the squad.

Poch and Toni are still quite competitive, driven to win or improve as coaches or previously players.
This really shines through here, and in everything they do with the squad.
Yes they present as being absolutely committed to the club!

Thinking about Contes comments the other day. People like him and Mourinho really are feeble little one dimensional men aren't they!

Pep needs class and will spend a fortune to get there but can't nurture it. Klopp is a maniac and wenger still a petulant loser.

Mourinho just pumping money to win using power and height and Conte really pulled a cunt move digging us for not spending. Really tried getting into ur players heads when he knows how settled our first 11 is. Hope we smack them at Wembley and Morata flops so he gets binned!

Poch as a man has more class than all of them combined. Without people like him in the premier league it would become filled with mercenaries. Let's hope with him at the helm real footballers will want to join the revolution! Walker really let us and him down moving in my honest opinion. Let's hope the boys stick together and use Walkers snub as fuel

Back
Top Bottom