Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Managerial statistics - Louis Van Gaal
As of 19 November 2013
TeamFromToRecord
GWDLGFGAGDWin %
Ajax28 September 1991[37]30 June 1997[37]2781905038666219+44768.35
Barcelona1 July 1997[37]20 May 2000[38]166933043342221+12156.02
Netherlands3 July 2000[39]1 February 2002[40]15843379+2853.33
Barcelona1 July 2002[41]28 January 2003[42]3016595134+1753.33
AZ Alkmaar1 July 2005[37]30 June 2009[37]1761023836368183+18557.95
Bayern Munich1 July 2009[16]10 April 2011[34]96591819214108+10661.46
Netherlands6 July 2012[35]Present1811614513+3261.11
Total7794791511491,723787+93661.49

overall 61.49% Win ratio.. :myword: my word indeed

Can we have the Soldado Valencia scoring stats too?

As we all know if theres one thing to put a nice firm dent into a glorious resume - its our cursed football club!!

:gazza2:

Why is this even a discussion? We've taken 13 out of 15 points since Sherwood has taken over, and WE'RE SCORING GOALS.

I bet you all just hate the tracksuit..... :sherwoodwtf:
It very funny but unfortunately true some people do get taken in by the suit wearing sophisticated foreigner and think any Englishman in a track suit is immediately an idiot who needs to be got rid of.

If Pochettino becomes available after all this falling out in Southhampton we should make a move for him...it would be the fastest way to regain the "vision" the club lost when it fired AVB. His side plays plenty of attractive football and is a manager that we can build bigger and better things around.

I want this to happen. #endtheexodus #Holtby #Capoue

I'm all over this like a tramp on chips, let's go back to dull, uninteresting drivel and getting spanked twice in the space of a couple of months. Yeah, let's do that, I'm fed up of not losing under our new manager and scoring all these goals is doing my head in. Fantastic idea.

I can't remember exactly what game it was, but it was one of the few after his injury where (I think) he was played DM and he looked such a liability. I think it was Fulham away. I was shocked at just how bad he was.

If im wrong and he was played at CB, then I retract it. But he just hasn't looked like a good player to me. Not good enough to play Sandro's role effectively.
No no, you're quite right mate. I was at the game, missed the first couple of minutes (and therefore the starting line-ups) and didn't even know Capoue was on the pitch until it was announced at half time he'd been substituted. He played DM, and he was absolutely dreadful.

I'm not saying I'm not a fan as such, but I didn't see much of him in Ligue 1 (not that that can be used as a marker for Premier League talent), but he hasn't exactly proved he is worthy of a starting berth. In fact, as much as I didn't agree with the initial decision to bring in Bentaleb, he has offered more than Capoue in my opinion.

No thanks - I'd rather stick with interim Timmeh and hope a decent name is still keen to take is following the WC but won't hold my breath tbh. We are busy making quite a name for ourselves as far as management treatment is concerned.
All clubs sack managers. Lets not single Spurs out. On the topic of Southampton, look at how they treated Adkins? Back-to-back promotions and then the sack. Pardew is the 2nd longest serving Premier League manager - been in the job barely 3 years.

I'm surprised there's a lot of support for Louis Van Gaal. He is known as a terribly strict disciplinarian, and I'm not sure how that managerial style would suit us. Sure, he has some fantastic stats at some of the worlds best clubs, but he has also left a bad taste in the mouths of some of them too. Also saw Capello mentioned a few times - his dull brand of football is exactly why so many disliked AVB, and eventually got him the sack. I'm not sure why we'd hire someone in AVB's mould but older and much less likely to develop his style.

No to Pochettino. No to Van Gaal. No to Capello. Prandelli is an interesting shout, but not sure he'd come to the Premiership - seems to suited to European football, and I have no doubt the AC, Inter & Lazio jobs will all be up for grabs in the summer. It's early days for Tim, but he has done a terrific job so far in the league, and we shouldn't be looking at who his replacement should be.

sherwood has won 13 points of a possible 15 and your calling for this? WHY? why must spurs constantly be changing everything? stability is what we need. we have needed it for the last 20 years

sherwood has won 13 points of a possible 15 and your calling for this? WHY? why must spurs constantly be changing everything? stability is what we need. we have needed it for the last 20 years
Would love ts to prove everyone wrong, he plays attacking football and if he does a good job this season I would prefer to let him get on with it.

As much as I hope that Timmy is the saviour from left field who takes us to the promised land, I think we need a contingency plan in case it doesn't work out. But replacing him with Pochettino at this point would be :nawty:

Stability is pointless if the manager isn't going to stabilize us at the top of the league. We are searching for that manager. It is worth debating whether our current manager is it. Sherwood will get the to the end of the season. He has his chance to prove it, if he doesn't prove that he can lead us than we shouldn't stick with him for the sake of stability.

I really want Sherwood to succeed and hope if that's the case it includes the introduction of many of our promising yoofs to the first team.

HOWEVER, for all this 13 from 15 points argument, lest we forget that the reason it's not the full 15 is a home draw against relegation threatened West Brom plus we've been knocked out of both domestic cups.

I don't want to dissect his very short record to date but feel it all needs to be put in to context.

The win away at OT will always be an impressive feat regardless of the dire straits they're in but beyond that I'm fairly neutral on his achievements with us to date.

As we all know if theres one thing to put a nice firm dent into a glorious resume - its our cursed football club!!

:gazza2:

Agreed... we'd turn Van Gaal into Christan Gross within a month!!

I'd be GENUINELY interested to see us and the Arse swap squads & Managers, just for a game... to see if we'd turn THEM into mush!! (and likewise, our lot into an efficient fluid football passing machine!)

is it REALLY the curse of Spurs?? :levystare::llorisserious::sandro::paulinhobored::eriksenlip::dembele::defoe::chadliwtf::adeninja:

Stability is pointless if the manager isn't going to stabilize us at the top of the league. We are searching for that manager. It is worth debating whether our current manager is it. Sherwood will get the to the end of the season. He has his chance to prove it, if he doesn't prove that he can lead us than we shouldn't stick with him for the sake of stability.
My worry is not that it's that levy has no attention span, if ts does really well say we get forth and do well in the el I get the feeling levy will sack him anyway. If he fucks up then so be it but if he does well we will look like mugs getting rid of him

Southampton fans cannot wait to get shot of him. They actually want to gift wrap, and give him to us. Ominous. Look at their form in the league, its shit.

If it aint broken, dont try and fix it. Im happy with the way it is going.

Capoue hasn't impressed me once this season so I really, really couldnt care less if he went.

i said this a few weeks ago on one of these threads and got shot down in flames. couldn't agree more, the guy is way out of his depth in the Premier League and now that Bentaleb is looking the real deal, I say cut our losses and recoup some of the cash we wasted.

Back
Top Bottom