Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow! Has he been fucking your Mrs?

No, it's just how it is. He's a great keeper that is very rarely erratic, but it does happen.

Fact is, at a club like Real they would crucify him. It's cut throat. They'd rather go for consistently unremarkable De Gea or generally crap Cortois.

All to our advantage when it keeps them away

No, it's just how it is. He's a great keeper that is very rarely erratic, but it does happen.

Fact is, at a club like Real they would crucify him. It's cut throat. They'd rather go for consistently unremarkable De Gea or generally crap Cortois.

All to our advantage when it keeps them away
Real Madrid haven't crusified him though, if papers (lol) are anything to go by then quite the opposite. My remark was aimed at you for even bringing up an error of his from a player that hardly makes any. I couldn't see the point of doing that. If focusing on the negative is your thing then go for his kicking but to fix on something that is rarer than rocking horse shit, I didnt get it.

Real Madrid haven't crusified him though, if papers (lol) are anything to go by then quite the opposite. My remark was aimed at you for even bringing up an error of his from a player that hardly makes any. I couldn't see the point of doing that. If focusing on the negative is your thing then go for his kicking but to fix on something that is rarer than rocking horse shit, I didnt get it.

You're missing the point.

IF he signed for Real and made mistakes like he did against City, then they would crucify him and he'd be forced out.

You're banging on about me "bringing up an error", but you've not flinched at the constant remarks about his poor distribution? It's not focusing on the negative, it's about not being in denial. As I mentioned in my post, Real aren't a club with a fanbase that are forgiving of errors - they've rounded up on Bale numerous times for even the slightest hint of mistakes in games. They're doing it with Navas this season. For this reason, I can see Real going for a keeper that is a little more anonymous.

You're missing the point.

IF he signed for Real and made mistakes like he did against City, then they would crucify him and he'd be forced out.

You're banging on about me "bringing up an error", but you've not flinched at the constant remarks about his poor distribution? It's not focusing on the negative, it's about not being in denial. As I mentioned in my post, Real aren't a club with a fanbase that are forgiving of errors - they've rounded up on Bale numerous times for even the slightest hint of mistakes in games. They're doing it with Navas this season. For this reason, I can see Real going for a keeper that is a little more anonymous.
Their current keeper makes more mistakes, are they hounding him out? The two playing in The Prem you mentioned also make more errors than Lloris which is why from my perspective your comments makes no sense about being anonymous. Based on your theory they would run a mile from the other two because of this.

Their current keeper makes more mistakes, are they hounding him out? The two playing in The Prem you mentioned also make more errors than Lloris which is why from my perspective your comments makes no sense about being anonymous. Based on your theory they would run a mile from the other two because of this.
:avbfacepalm:
Never mind.....

Next season is going to be the hardest season we have had under Pochettino.
Also the year after will be just as tricky.
Next season is going to be pivotal in the future of our club and Pochettino is going to have to earn his £.
Wembley is going to be hard to make ours and intimidating enough.
Most players will love playing there. Look forward to it.
We then have to move into another new home straight after. That will be hard too. However, at least it will be familiar territory and not too Alien
If we manage to maintain the league form of the last two seasons next year, Pochettino will deserve to be called a god.
I don't think a lot of people realise how very important next season is in the history of this club.
What we have built over the last few seasons could all be fucked in one, simply becuase we have to move away to play at home.
Wouldn't be good moving into the new place having have fucked the momentum. Historically clubs find moving into new homes hard as it is.

Edit: we as fans have to get right behind the players. None of the bollocks I saw at Wembley from some. None of the West Ham way walking out if things go,pear shaped.
I hope the club make the right choices and try as much to make sure vocal supporters are together.

Last edited:
Next season is going to be pivotal in the future of our club and Pochettino is going to have to earn his £.
We then have to move into another new home straight after. That will be hard too. However, at least it will be familiar territory and not too Alien
If we manage to maintain the league form of the last two seasons next year, Pochettino will deserve to be called a god.
I don't think a lot of people realise how very important next season is in the history of this club.
Massive challenge but would have any other Manager than him at the helm to deal with next couple of years. I know this is a bit fan boy but I genuinely don't want another manager in world football over Poch right now.

Was really impressed that LLoris said that Poch "will become the best manager in the world one day" earlier today! I mean, we know Poch is good, but that is pretty superlative praise!

Name them.

Nueur.
De Gea.
Oblak.
ter Stegen.
Buffon.

And then the other big clubs have goalkeepers who probably aren't better than Lloris but probably don't see the benefit of replacing their solid goalkeepers like PSG, Monaco, Madrid etc.

Nueur.
De Gea.
Oblak.
ter Stegen.
Buffon.

And then the other big clubs have goalkeepers who probably aren't better than Lloris but probably don't see the benefit of replacing their solid goalkeepers like PSG, Monaco, Madrid etc.
Buffon is finished

Buffon is finished

He's had a good few years to be honest. Helped by the fact that he has one of the best defences in world football in front of him. So does Lloris though.

Interesting that you put Donnarruma there. Think he's up there so early on?

He's had a good few years to be honest. Helped by the fact that he has one of the best defences in world football in front of him. So does Lloris though.

Interesting that you put Donnarruma there. Think he's up there so early on?
He's ridiculous

What we have built over the last few seasons could all be fucked in one, simply becuase we have to move away to play at home.
Wouldn't be good moving into the new place having have fucked the momentum. Historically clubs find moving into new homes hard as it is.

Edit: we as fans have to get right behind the players. None of the bollocks I saw at Wembley from some. None of the West Ham way walking out if things go,pear shaped.
I hope the club make the right choices and try as much to make sure vocal supporters are together.

I'm really concerned about next year tbh. As you say clubs will actually look forward to coming to ours as it will be a "day at wembley". Fortunately from our brief stints in europe the get the impression the club are doing their utmost to try and make it look vaguely spursy.....the red seats don't help though

I'm really concerned about next year tbh. As you say clubs will actually look forward to coming to ours as it will be a "day at wembley". Fortunately from our brief stints in europe the get the impression the club are doing their utmost to try and make it look vaguely spursy.....the red seats don't help though

Not so sure about that - it will hopefully be pretty daunting for clubs to come and see a home team in a league game with 75,000 supporters......and for the refs as well.....that's what happens at Old Trafford

Back
Top Bottom