Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

98c03e3a4bb34e327fdc66ddcdbd0a17.jpg

As good as this season has been, I expect us to buy players more suited to the 3-4-3 and 3-4-2-1 formations. That means getting quick defenders who can get forward - like Rose and Walker.
Kyle Walker-Peters might be one, but think we need to find more suited players in the summer.

easy one for the left, sessegnon, he won't be cheap though and all the big clubs will be after him too. I just hope he has seen the effect poch has had on rose

So, Luis Enrique has confirmed he's leaving Barcelona in the summer.

STAY AWAY.

I'm hoping they would think Poch is to much of a risk as he hasn't won anything yet, maybe if we won the PL last season they might have been more keen.... every cloud and all I guess!
But I really really hope he does not leave, as I could see him taking half the team with him if he did!

I'm hoping they would think Poch is to much of a risk as he hasn't won anything yet, maybe if we won the PL last season they might have been more keen.... every cloud and all I guess!
But I really really hope he does not leave, as I could see him taking half the team with him if he did!

Barcelona's last five managers:

Luis Enrique (Never won anything before going to Barcelona)
Gerardo Martino (Won the most)
Tito Vilanova (Never won anything before going to Barcelona)
Pep Guardiola (Never won anything before going to Barcelona)
Frank Riijkard (Never won anything before going to Barcelona)

Who was the least successful out of all of them? The guy who had won the most trophies.

I think what helps in our favour is that three of the last four managers had history with the club whereas Pochettino has history with their rivals. Money and trophies does talk though and if Barcelona were to give Pochettino free reigns over bringing youth through, playing free flowing football and getting the best out of players, he is the perfect candidate.

So, Luis Enrique has confirmed he's leaving Barcelona in the summer.

STAY AWAY.

Didn't Poch say he wouldn't manage Barca because of his ties with Espanyol? Obviously there isn't to much loyalty in football today, but I think Poch wants to be part of our journey. Especially the new stadium and with the young players he's developing.

Barcelona's last five managers:

Luis Enrique (Never won anything before going to Barcelona)
Gerardo Martino (Won the most)
Tito Vilanova (Never won anything before going to Barcelona)
Pep Guardiola (Never won anything before going to Barcelona)
Frank Riijkard (Never won anything before going to Barcelona)

Who was the least successful out of all of them? The guy who had won the most trophies.

I think what helps in our favour is that three of the last four managers had history with the club whereas Pochettino has history with their rivals. Money and trophies does talk though and if Barcelona were to give Pochettino free reigns over bringing youth through, playing free flowing football and getting the best out of players, he is the perfect candidate.

:pochwtf:
didnt realise this with the last managers at Barcelona, let's just hope Poch would rather build a legacy at spurs!

:pochwtf:
didnt realise this with the last managers at Barcelona, let's just hope Poch would rather build a legacy at spurs!

It's potentially a career destroying job, so I think he might feel a bit too young to go for it. His son works for the club now, and I'm sure he's well settled.

That said, weren't some big clubs after AVB about 6 months before he got binned? Might feel like too good a step to turn down.

I don't think the Espanyol-Barça thing is anything like as important as we would like it to be. FCB regard them almost like we'd regard QPR, it's probably mutual at an institutional level. As far as the fans go, Espanyol's closest team is Madrid, but I'd say that in a hypothetical fight to hire him, Pochettino would be a thousand times more likely to join FCB than RM.

Espanyol have sought to distance themselves from the old anti-Catalanista element, rebadging themselves a decade or so back as Real Club Deportiu Espanyol (the Catalan spelling, although they had to invent the word Deportiu in Catalan in order to maintan the RCD bit) after previously being Real Club Deportivo Español. For someone coming from outside, these squabbles are irrelevant, MP is big friends with Ivan de la Peña, who played for and is loved by both clubs and FCBs Carles Pujol. His sons speak Catalan (were born there) and identify themselves as such (as he said in a recent interview in Spanish with the La Nación newspaper in Argentina).

Last edited:
I don't think the Espanyol-Barça thing is anything like as important as we would like it to be. FCB regard them almost like we'd regard QPR, it's probably mutual at an institutional level. As far as the fans go, Espanyol's closest team is Madrid, but I'd say that in a hypothetical fight to hire him, Pochettino would be a thousand times more likely to join FCB than RM.

Espanyol have sought to distance themselves from the old anti-Catalanista element, rebadging themselves a decade or so back as Real Club Deportiu Espanyol (the Catalan spelling, although they had to invent the word Deportiu in Catalan in order to maintan the RCD bit) after previously being Real Club Deportivo Español. For someone coming from outside, these squabbles are irrelevant, MP is big friends with Ivan de la Peña, who played for and is loved by both clubs and FCBs Carles Pujol. His sons speak Catalan (were born there) and identify themselves as such (as he said in a recent interview in Spanish with the La Nación newspaper in Argentina).
I agree 100%.

This time round it'll prob be the Seville guy. In a few years, if Poch has made good progress with us, I think he would be likely to go to FCB. The Espanyol history bit is red herring.

Back
Top Bottom