Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If his name was Frank Smith no one would be interested in him but as he is the latest 'carlos kick a ball' in managerial form he MUST be good.

Anyway no thanks I would rather stick and see where Tim takes us and hopefully a young english manager can get us some good results before now and the end of the season to shut these fucking idiots up who think all foreigners are either god like players or managers.

Pochettino still can't speak English!!

Imagine him trying to give Lamela's interpreter instructions from the bench to tell his client to track back...?
It'd be like a United Nations conference!!

eventplanner_conference_organizer_conference_interpreters_uk__chap1_2096544083.jpg

It is a no for me.

Leave it alone until the end of the season and see a) what the following season has in store - CL, EL, no europe....b) who is available.

I have a mate who has been banging the Capello drum for a couple of years - I would like us to get him just so I can stop getting his emails about the old cunt....sorry, went a bit Pardew there for a moment.

Why do we think we will get a new manager in the Summer?

Tim has an 18 month contract. He has done nothing wrong in my eyes so far, scoring more than one goal a game, winning at old trafford, the standard of football is gradually improving, when andros, Sandro and jan are back we will be stronger and more dynamic for it.

Fucking Louie Van Gaal, what is he 80 years old or something?? Completely unproven in England, is he?? I would rather have Tim thanks, knows the club, knows the youngsters coming through and will hopefully give them a chance......

I think looking at the sequence of events it seemed pretty clear Tim is interim and van gaal is wanted in the summer.

We sack AVB
Clearly have no idea what to do next
LvG makes statements that he is leaving Holland after the summer and will retire unless he gets a shot at the EPL
Levy makes contact, and we are told had extensive talks with him. It was reported he met LvG in Holland to watch a game and had 6 hours of discussions.
LvG reiterates his stance that he will leave Holland in the summer, and wont do two jobs at once.
Sherwood is given an 18 month contract.

IMO a 6 month contract would cut his legs from under him, we have seen how teams perform when they know the current manager is on limited time. 18 months offers him the air of authority he needs. It also gives Levy a nice cheap pay off in the summer to clear the decks.

For Tim it puts him in the shop window to boost his career prospects and a nice cheque in the summer.

IMHO, unless Sherwood turns out to be incredible he will make way for LvG in the summer (and potentially even if he does do well it will happen anyway).

Also, LvGs record stands up to anyones scrutiny, the guy is a legend and builds winning football teams.

However, his high discipline style could be a poor mix with our players, so while I would welcome him it would be a concern on that basis.

Pochettino? I like Southampton. I used to really like Seville in a similar way, and was most excited when we got Ramos, then it turns out it was the dof/chief exec who was the real brains behind it all. Im beginning to suspect Southampton/Cortese/Pochettino are similar.

I think looking at the sequence of events it seemed pretty clear Tim is interim and van gaal is wanted in the summer.

We sack AVB
LvG makes statements that he is leaving Holland after the summer and will retire unless he gets a shot at the EPL
Wrong - he said that in the summer already - not after AVB was sacked

We sack AVB
Levy makes contact, and we are told had extensive talks with him. It was reported he met LvG in Holland to watch a game and had 6 hours of discussions.
LvG reiterates his stance that he will leave Holland in the summer, and wont do two jobs at once.
Sherwood is given an 18 month contract.

IMO a 6 month contract would cut his legs from under him, we have seen how teams perform when they know the current manager is on limited time. 18 months offers him the air of authority he needs. It also gives Levy a nice cheap pay off in the summer to clear the decks.

For Tim it puts him in the shop window to boost his career prospects and a nice cheque in the summer.

IMHO, unless Sherwood turns out to be incredible he will make way for LvG in the summer (and potentially even if he does do well it will happen anyway).

Also, LvGs record stands up to anyones scrutiny, the guy is a legend and builds winning football teams.

However, his high discipline style could be a poor mix with our players, so while I would welcome him it would be a concern on that basis.

Pochettino? I like Southampton. I used to really like Seville in a similar way, and was most excited when we got Ramos, then it turns out it was the dof/chief exec who was the real brains behind it all. Im beginning to suspect Southampton/Cortese/Pochettino are similar.
Would be happy with van Gael, but it's levy that worries me I am not sure he can work with a star manager who will want and need control from top to bottom, can see levy being a cunt as normal and pissing him off and bang back to square one. A few season under van and all the deadwood will get thrown out and we will probably be a really great side, just can't see levy being patient enough for that to happen.

If you are wondering why I disagreed with your statement it is because of the attitude which grates me these days that we have a right to win every game. Even, tough away days like Southampton.
I went into that game thinking a point would be good. A win was a great result for Sherwood.

A point at St. Mary's is good for Fulham or Cardiff. I support the club and want it to succeed and part of that is a winning mentality. One does not finish top four, or win the title, thinking a point is "good enough"..especially at fucking St. Marys. It is a pathetic mentality. Every game should be played to win and to win by as many goals as possible.

Managerial statistics - Louis Van Gaal
As of 19 November 2013
TeamFromToRecord
GWDLGFGAGDWin %
Ajax28 September 1991[37]30 June 1997[37]2781905038666219+44768.35
Barcelona1 July 1997[37]20 May 2000[38]166933043342221+12156.02
Netherlands3 July 2000[39]1 February 2002[40]15843379+2853.33
Barcelona1 July 2002[41]28 January 2003[42]3016595134+1753.33
AZ Alkmaar1 July 2005[37]30 June 2009[37]1761023836368183+18557.95
Bayern Munich1 July 2009[16]10 April 2011[34]96591819214108+10661.46
Netherlands6 July 2012[35]Present1811614513+3261.11
Total7794791511491,723787+93661.49

overall 61.49% Win ratio.. :myword: my word indeed
That's a lovely bunch of gibberish. Van Gaal IN!

Back
Top Bottom