Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's gwaning at Southampton today?

Cortese has resigned, club is seemingly for sale, and apparently Poccetino has said in the past he will resign if Cotese goes. Every one is getting excited over nothing. As good a job as he has done at Southampton, I don't see any reason to shuffle the deck again.

It won't happen, I know any appointment is risk, but he is what I'd say is medium high to high risk and if it went tits, levy would have no more excuses.
Assuming Levy is looking in the summer, LvG imo is lower risk of a total fuck up.
It's also harder to put blame on Levy, if he appoints a bloke that's a proven winner, but it doesn't work out.

Why did he resign? Got bored?

Apparently he wasn't happy with the club being for sale. The guy he bought the club for died a couple of years ago and his daughter want's shot of it I think.

There are some people on twitter actually calling for him to replace Levy and/or Baldini.

:avbfacepalm:

Why do we think we will get a new manager in the Summer?

Tim has an 18 month contract. He has done nothing wrong in my eyes so far, scoring more than one goal a game, winning at old trafford, the standard of football is gradually improving, when andros, Sandro and jan are back we will be stronger and more dynamic for it.

Fucking Louie Van Gaal, what is he 80 years old or something?? Completely unproven in England, is he?? I would rather have Tim thanks, knows the club, knows the youngsters coming through and will hopefully give them a chance......

Looking at Van Gaals record it looks impressive, although all abroad. However its noted it takes a while for his tactics to come to life and sucess has generally been delivered in 2nd or 3rd seasons at clubs

Well thats him fucked then if he comes here, the tarquins will be on his back in an instant at WHL as they 'demand' a top 4 finish..........

Poch???

Ummm ...
89b6430f2d71a89191a58490be2da3c4_view.jpg

Looking at Van Gaals record it looks impressive, although all abroad. However its noted it takes a while for his tactics to come to life and sucess has generally been delivered in 2nd or 3rd seasons at clubs

Well thats him fucked then if he comes here, the tarquins will be on his back in an instant at WHL as they 'demand' a top 4 finish..........

van gaal's record is impressive and i personally think any manager that has managed barcalona and bayern munich could probably come to grips rather well in the prem..
me personally i dont like him, primarily because i dont think he would gel well with the players/levy from a personality perspective

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...nfall-was-his-attitude-bayern-munich-ceo-karl-

the fallout after he left bayern dosnt paint a pretty picture

Last edited:
van gaal's record is impressive and i personally think any manager that has managed real madrid and bayern munich could probably come to grips rather well in the prem..
me personally i dont like him, primarily because i dont think he would gel well with the players/levy from a personality perspective

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...nfall-was-his-attitude-bayern-munich-ceo-karl-

the fallout after he left bayern dosnt paint a pretty picture

I'd love Van Gaal too but this does scare me. If Levy is going to play silly buggers and expect a yes man or Van Gaal to give a flying fuck about his opinion on footballing matter then shit will most definitely hit the fan. If we get Van Gaal he needs to be given the full backing and financial support of the board and for them to stay the fuck out of his way and let him do his thing.

No thank you. Hasn't remotely "proven" himself at the top level, yet.

Southampton's meteoric rise to the Premier League was fantastic, but the media seems to be suffering from mass delusion. In particular, I would like to call out the Daily Mail - yet again - for being a bunch of talentless yellow journalism wind-up merchants:
A number of players - who all bought into the dream of playing Champions League football at Southampton - are furious with developments.

Rofl, I can guaran-goddamn-tee you that not a single one of Southampton's pricy acquisitions harbored a realistic expectation of CL football.

If Pochettino becomes available after all this falling out in Southhampton we should make a move for him...it would be the fastest way to regain the "vision" the club lost when it fired AVB. His side plays plenty of attractive football and is a manager that we can build bigger and better things around.

I want this to happen. #endtheexodus #Holtby #Capoue

We have a manager? A manager who is doing pretty well at the moment. So no thanks.

Levy won't give him the time we all know that, he will demand success quickly and van Gael will probably not be given enough control to avoid a confrontation at some point. Unless baldini goes, and van Gael is given Complete control of all football aspects I think it might blow up in levy and therefore tottenham's face.

If Tim is good at dealing with levy and can provide a moderate degree of success this season I would rather stick with him, plus he knows the club so it will provide a degree of stability something which we have painfully lacked recently. He plays attacking football which we all want and hasn't been to bad so far, I want levy to give him a go.

I'd love Van Gaal too but this does scare me. If Levy is going to play silly buggers and expect a yes man or Van Gaal to give a flying fuck about his opinion on footballing matter then shit will most definitely hit the fan. If we get Van Gaal he needs to be given the full backing and financial support of the board and for them to stay the fuck out of his way and let him do his thing.

I once read there are three types of coaches, "the aspirin coach, the penicillin coach, and the chemo coach. A chemo coach is what you need for a team with cancer. But after the chemo coach cures the cancer, and the team wins, what does he do? Delivers more chemo, because that's who is-- the guy with the chemo machine-- which in absence of cancer kills healthy tissue. You can build a team with a whip, but after they've won, you need to find another motivation. You got the right guys--let them do their thing. You don't even need discipline anymore because they're self-disciplined. But the chemo coach continues to be strong willed, determined, overbearing."

Sounds to me like Van Gaal is the archetype of dictatorial chemo coach. To be honest, I've long suspected that our teams were extremely lacking in discipline. I think we could go for a chemo coach here, a culture change could certainly help us. You said it yourself about Capello, "a hard as nails cunt" I think you described him as. I think we could use that.

Even better, Van Gaal said England would be his last stop before retirement. Maybe he would end up retiring before shit hit the fan and he wore out his welcome and effectiveness. Could work out perfectly for us.

Back
Top Bottom