Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So under Redknapp we had massive net spend? Does the 158M spent in his tenure become something else because Poch had more?

Can you explain what you mean by the amounts spent cant be compared?
I just compared them: Poch had 450M and Harry 158M, both with minimal net

Mate... Prices have tripled (or more) in that time frame, which moots your comparison.

Of course he wouldnt have cost 75M because as Ive said the money went up in the game, so the prices went up.

The concept is not difficuly for me. Its you that thinks 450M is less than 158M
No. But a group of players that cost 450 million now may have cost less than 158 million in 2010, because transfer fee inflation has far outstripped both RPI or CPI (similar to house pricing)

Mate... Prices have tripled (or more) in that time frame, which moots your comparison.

He doesn’t understand that, been trying to explain it. He is now using the very top end of the market with an out of date article, the top end of every market is always slightly different and being out of date it doesn’t even have the Neymar transfer.

Dear Poch

I thank you because after all these years with you, now we are having this level of discussion and moaning about not winning trophies, rather of dreaming every year about snatching the 4th place and missing it on most of the times while hoping that we won’t burn an 8 point lead over the scum with ten games from the end of the season and /or that chelscum won’t win the CL

I thank you for endless memorable games, for all these CL nights, for how we have owned the CL winners over two legs a couple of years ago, for having gone past the best team in the world over two legs last year… I thank you for having played Llorente in the second half of the Ajax game, for how have always shown how much you care about us

I thank you for having wiped “that saint” off the scum’s calendar and for endless other things

We haven’t won anything under you so far, and probably we never will… We could have won the odd domestic cup, as we could have with many of the previous managers… certainly I have never expected to win the two major trophies with you, nor with Kane, Son or any other player from this generation, we are not there yet and at some point they will go, but I just know we will. Not so soon, though.

I also thank the likes of Jol and Harry (in a way also AVB for his first season) , because if we are where we are we owe it to them as well

It’s your most difficult moment since you took over, and I appreciate that probably there is no way back, probably this is your last season, and maybe you won’t even finish it. Is it your fault? Is it Levy’s fault? Maybe and probably both… We keep discussing about this, but only you and Levy know. To me, more than anything, it just is what it is, it’s another MASSIVE step forward where we want to be

Whether you will stay and be given the money and time for a new cycle or will go, only of two things I am sure:

- This season and next one will be quite painful (still we could win win a cup or two)

- We will win EVERYTHING within the end of next decade

Gracias

Decks

The most expensive transfer is Neymar in 2017 at £198m a player far inferior to Ronaldo, while Joao Flex a kid when for nearly £120m I don’t know if this article is years out of date or what the fuck it is. If your suggesting there hasn’t been large amount of inflation in the market then just look at the overall spending in the prem in 2011 and 2019.

So you mean the article that has a player sold in 2001 for 28M and the adjusted fee in 2015 of 34M is wrong.

Thats the bleacher report by the way.

But your right when you say that 75M is maybe 20M or maybe 30M from 2011 to now. Ok then

I would take sandro too in his prime. and with crouch In our team it would make more sense hitting those hopeless crosses into the box when we are chasing the game like vs colchester last week...

Could have done with Nando

So you mean the article that has a player sold in 2001 for 28M and the adjusted fee in 2015 of 34M is wrong.

Thats the bleacher report by the way.

But your right when you say that 75M is maybe 20M or maybe 30M from 2011 to now. Ok then

adjusted in this case looks like general inflation not market specific inflation I would assume. Can’t imagine football prices from 2001 to 2015 only went up by around 20-30%

Glad we agree on the bottom point.

We are now spending in the same ball park as our rivals though, which we was not in 2011.

We are now richer. Or doesnt the 4 years CL money count any more

We are spending more now or at least this summer, but we have two players injured and one just starting. Whether we will match Woolwich, Liverpool etc every summer remains to be seen but that was the point of the new stadium and getting top 4 each season.

adjusted in this case looks like general inflation not market specific inflation I would assume. Can’t imagine football prices from 2001 to 2015 only went up by around 20-30%

Glad we agree on the bottom point.

No we dont agree at all.....prove what you are saying, like I did, or you have no credibility in your arguement.

"the website is wrong" doesnt cut it Im afraid. Just go and find a site which backs your figures like I did. Should be very, very easy for you

Food for thought re: prices/inflation:

- We signed Darren Bent for 16m.... We were quoted 75m for Callum Wilson.
- We signed Eriksen for 14m... Lo Celso comes with a 65-70m pricetag.
- M.Dembele 15m.... Ndombele 60m.
- BAE 3.5m.... Aurier 24m.

All spurs related. All same profile and positions. All translate to the eras of the managers in question.

:kanehand:

That arcicle is meaningless to this debate. It pays no mind to what has happened to the footballing economy in the last 10-12 years.

We are spending more now or at least this summer, but we have two players injured and one just starting. Whether we will match Woolwich, Liverpool etc every summer remains to be seen but that was the point of the new stadium and getting top 4 each season.

But we were spending top whack in 2010, you said

Food for thought re: prices/inflation:

- We signed Darren Bent for 16m.... We were quoted 75m for Callum Wilson.
- We signed Eriksen for 14m... Lo Celso comes with a 65-70m pricetag.
- M.Dembele 15m.... Ndombele 60m.
- BAE 3.5m.... Aurier 24m.

All spurs related. All same profile and positions. All translate to the managers in questions eras.

That arcicle is meaningless to this debate. It pays no mind to what has happened to the footballing economy in the last 10-12 years.

Ahhh so the years between 2009-2015 dont count.....or 2001 to 2015....

It doesnt count....but "geezers online" count

No we dont agree at all.....prove what you are saying, like I did, or you have no credinility in your arguement.

"the website is wrong" doesnt cut it Im afraid. Just go and find a site which backs your figures like I did. Should be very, very easy for you

When you are using a 2015 site that is nonsense in comparison of 2011 to 2019 transfer movements and one that is only looking at the top end of the market.

As for inflation how I am supposed to know their underlying calculation but considering adjusted would most likely being looking at general inflation as there is no football inflation index as far as I am aware or at least official one.

When you are using a 2015 site that is nonsense in comparison of 2011 to 2019 transfer movements and one that is only looking at the top end of the market.

As for inflation how I am supposed to know their underlying calculation but considering adjusted would most likely being looking at general inflation as there is no football inflation index as far as I am aware or at least official one.

So between 2009 and 2015 10M was about 11M, but between 2009 and 2019, 10M was 64M

Back
Top Bottom