Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depending on the player and where they are from then yes. If we are talking 2011 compared to now, although I personally feel we got Ndombele very cheap relative to true market value.

I would expect a decent young DM these days to be 50-60m unless we are good at bargain hunting which we are often not.

Just answer the question.
Is ten 10M comparable to 64M between 2010 and 2019?
Was VanDyke the equivalent of 14M?

And this is why I struggle with football today, because this attitude is the norm.

Nah mate, fuck your day out at Wembley and memories of seeing your club lift a trophy, I'd rather watch us play Red Star Belgrade on a Wednesday night.

Nonsense.

That’s what money does, we want a stadium, we want a CL final maybe a CL then we need the money to roll in, easiest way is the top 4.

This isn’t a Poch thing, this is a board and general football thing.

I hope Poch gets another season, and I really think he will. Our issues are because of an aging player core that has been neglected for essentially 4 years. We should have had legit replacements for all these expiring contracts, but Levy and the board fucked it up. That said the obvious choices for a replacement will be Allegri, Howe, or Mourhino. Maybe Southgate on a long shot. I'd also really like Tuchel as well.

Maybe, maybe £20m, £30m at most if the seller if good at driving the price.

This doesnt make sense. Its not a special world of football monopoly made up money.

75M doesnt become 20M or 30M depending on the agent. Its real money and the only inflation it is affected by is the inflation that affects everything else.

If footballers got expensive, they got expensive because the game got richer.
But 10M in 2010 is 12.7M today and there is no other metric.

No probably 20M....maybe 30M, depends on how slick the seller was, no magic football money outside of the real world that has a different value to the money you buy a house with, just plain old currency, affected by plain old inflation.

What your saying is the stuff of cloud cuckoo fantasy

This doesnt make sense. Its not a special world of football monopoly made up money.

75M doesnt become 20M or 30M depending on the agent. Its real money and the only inflation it is affected by is the inflation that affects everything else.

If footballers got expensive, they got expensive because the game got richer.
But 10M in 2010 is 12.7M today and there is no other metric.

No probably 20M....maybe 30M, depends on how slick the seller was, no magic football money outside of the real world that has a different value to the money you buy a house with, just plain old currency, affected by plain old inflation.

What your saying is the stuff of cloud cuckoo fantasy

WTF, you do realise what inflation is don’t you?

and I mean inflation applied to a particular market. Are you suggesting that Van Dijk would have sold in 2011 for anything even remotely close to £75m? Can you not see that over a 10 year period fees have gone up many many times for players, why is this a difficult concept?

WTF, you do realise what inflation is don’t you?

and I mean inflation applied to a particular market. Are you suggesting that Van Dijk would have sold in 2011 for anything even remotely close to £75m? Can you not see that over a 10 year period fees have gone up many many times for players, why is this a difficult concept?

Of course he wouldnt have cost 75M because as Ive said the money went up in the game, so the prices went up.

The concept is not difficuly for me. Its you that thinks 450M is less than 158M

Of course he wouldnt have cost 75M because as Ive said the money went up in the game, so the prices went up.

The concept is not difficuly for me. Its you that thinks 450M is less than 158M

Ok let’s start

Player a
Player b
Player c
Player d
Player e
Player f

In 2011 a, b, c, d, e, f sold for around £26m each.

In 2019 a new set of 6 players of similar ability to the previous set sold for around £75m each.

This is inflation.

Ok let’s start

Player a
Player b
Player c
Player d
Player e
Player f

In 2011 a, b, c, d, e, f sold for around £26m each.

In 2019 a new set of 6 players of similar ability to the previous set sold for around £75m each.

This is inflation.

:kanehand:

:kanehand:

The most expensive transfer is Neymar in 2017 at £198m a player far inferior to Ronaldo, while Joao Flex a kid when for nearly £120m I don’t know if this article is years out of date or what the fuck it is. If your suggesting there hasn’t been large amount of inflation in the market then just look at the overall spending in the prem in 2011 and 2019.

Back
Top Bottom