Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So under Redknapp we had massive net spend? Does the 158M spent in his tenure become something else because Poch had more?

Can you explain what you mean by the amounts spent cant be compared?
I just compared them: Poch had 450M and Harry 158M, both with minimal net

Because 450 is probably about the same or even less than Harry’s 158. The TV deal and other streams has transformed football, why do you think Bournemouth can get away with sticking a 75m tag on Ake. If the market inflates 4-5 times you have to take that into account.

I could say my grandad could buy a beer 60 years ago for less than a pound, but that doesn’t mean it’s like for like.

They were as shit as they are now under Bruce. No difference

They where in the championship, he took them up and stabilised them. He also did well with Liverpool and has managed across Europe, he is also known for being tactically astute.

He has managed well with big and small.

We just lost to a division 4 side and regularly get done by champo level bottom half shite.

A manager that can win the Champo with a tenth of the budget of most of the teams around him maybe shouldnt be laughed at.
If Poch wins a Carabou, will it still be Mickey Mouse, or will it be good again
Nothing against Howe but I'm going to laugh. I've told you time and time again this isn't the championship, if it that was easy more newly promoted teams would qualify for the top 4.

I've always thought the Carabou was worth winning.

Nothing against Howe but I'm going to laugh. I've told you time and time again this isn't the championship, if it that was easy more newly promoted teams would qualify for the top 4.

I've always thought the Carabou was worth winning.

Yet losing at the first hurdle to 4th tier oppo is better than winning the Championship

Pretty sure theyd win a domestic with 450M spent on players of their choice given the same time frame Poch had
Harry would have bought Kenwyne Jones for 30 million. :dembelelol:
Jol was eventually sacked for poor performances, love the guy but no way was he better than Poch.

So show me exactly what the 10M spent on Palcios is today then......are you saying it was the equivalent of what we just spent on Ndombele?

Depending on the player and where they are from then yes. If we are talking 2011 compared to now, although I personally feel we got Ndombele very cheap relative to true market value.

I would expect a decent young DM these days to be 50-60m unless we are good at bargain hunting which we are often not.

Harry would have bought Kenwyne Jones for 30 million. :dembelelol:
Jol was eventually sacked for poor performances, love the guy but no way was he better than Poch.

I didnt say he was better than Poch I said he finished 1pt off 4th in two seasons and would have been in the CL but for the Mendes "goal".

Redknapp wasnt given the same leeway in the transfer market as Poch.....you´re point actually shows he was backed less than the current manager

What things? A league cup? A FA cup?
I agree the team is good enough to win those and I want us to win those but the reality is in today's football the champions league is more important, he's delivered qualification for 4 years.

Only Ramos as won anything in the last 20 years and look what happened to him. It's an illusion to think Eddie Howe or anyone else we can get is going to come in, rebuild the side, qualify for the CL and win trophies.

And this is why I struggle with football today, because this attitude is the norm.

Nah mate, fuck your day out at Wembley and memories of seeing your club lift a trophy, I'd rather watch us play Red Star Belgrade on a Wednesday night.

Nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom