Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we have easy run and fixture until january. also we can compensate today's loss by possible victory against Woolwich. my trust to gaffer is full.
38v134.jpg

what has Poch & his coaches done all week
we knew they would park the bus, even if 1-0 down with 10 mins to go they would stay compact and hope to get 1 break
we should have been working on breaking teams down that park the bus, that means playing about in the middle 1/3 of the pitch, thus drawing them up the pitch creating space between & behind the lines
Its not rocket science its called coaching

Morphing into AVB

Perhaps Dembele is to Poch as Bale was to AVB.

Our ability to get results has clearly nosedived since his departure, barring a few late miracles in the CL we had very little to get excited about last season in terms of actual football. We battered Chelsea, Everton and Bournemouth last winter and that was the last time we had a genuinely good 90 minutes.

Poch has all the tools he could possibly want in his squad, there are no excuses for him. Of course he needs time for the new players to settle but he should be able to build a team that can play football of a quality to match our stadium. If he can’t then what are we doing?

Perhaps Dembele is to Poch as Bale was to AVB.

Our ability to get results has clearly nosedived since his departure, barring a few late miracles in the CL we had very little to get excited about last season in terms of actual football. We battered Chelsea, Everton and Bournemouth last winter and that was the last time we had a genuinely good 90 minutes.

Poch has all the tools he could possibly want in his squad, there are no excuses for him. Of course he needs time for the new players to settle but he should be able to build a team that can play football of a quality to match our stadium. If he can’t then what are we doing?

100% agree - Nowhere to hide this season

We've made a few signings and broke our transfer record.
Not playing in Wembley anymore.
Things have to improve

No excuses for him today. Much about that result and inept performance rests with him. Why he can't instruct these cunts to start these games fast, with intensity, is beyond me. Time and time again we have these turgid first halves, and hope to salvage it at HT. Well, not this time.

It all hasn’t seem right with him since Jan. Think we would have bid farewell to him had we won the CL. Tbh, I lost slight faith with Poch ever since we lost that FA cup semi to Utd after spending a good amount of time bringing down the FA cup that season. He won’t be getting us over the line and think we’ve gone as far as we can under him.

Mourinho was in the stands today. Good chance we’ve already started looking for alternatives.

Mauricio Pochettino, speaking to BBC Sport: "I am very disappointed with the result and the performance. We conceded a cheap goal and it is not easy to come back after that.

Errmm excuse me, we managed to do that our last two matches and when we were 2-0 down away from home to Ajax....this was 1-0 down at home to the bottom of the league. Please don't give me that crap

Yeah I'm getting a bit tired of some of his excuses crap. Sod the nonsense about going a goal down - how about starting with some fucking urgency and scoring the first goal. And it's not like we laid seige to their goal and the keepers hands were stinging with blisters. This result and display, the more I think on it, enrages me.

Was a big fan but never thought he was beyond criticism, no manager is, but always felt the positives outweighed the negatives.
I'm at the stage that i'm not so sure now, getting fed up with the constant whinging to the press, the double entendres that get the fanbase turning on each other and when the likes of Steve fucking Bruce can mug you off, then questions need to be asked.
I'm not for sacking him or forcing him out but if he decided that he'd had enough and walked, well i wouldn't be that bothered to be honest and i wouldn't have said that a year ago.
This isn't a kneejerk reaction to the shit show that was today, but a gradual build up of muddled team selections and tactics and the fact that he hasn't seemed to be able to get a decent tune out of these players for quite some time.

Davies for Rose with a few mins left??? WTF. Not being a higly-paid manager and just a dumb footy fan for 35+ years, can anyone enlighten me as to the tactical genius of that one? I'd fucking love to ask Poch to his face. Truly bizarre

Back
Top Bottom