Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet Ranieri, Drinkwater and Wes Morgan outwitted him and his best team in 30 years and we finished below a shit Woolwich (after capitulating a 13pt GAP) and lost 5-1 to a relegated team.

Great stuff
If only we had brought you in to pick the teams and make the odd substitution...

You’re right - someone tell Case that he has it wrong on the discussion board front and instead just allow endless platitudes to the employees of the club. If only we had you around during the Sugar years to tell those mindless detractors just what morons they were for thinking they could question the running and direction of the club.

#ArtyB#Notallheroswearcapes
You think that employees at the club give a fuck what we think? Are you deranged? Do you think Levy's first chore of the day is checking what TFC has said is the best thing for him to do?

You think that employees at the club give a fuck what we think? Are you deranged? Do you think Levy's first chore of the day is checking what TFC has said is the best thing for him to do?
Yet you seem to care so greatly that people dare to discuss tactics and subs.

It’s odd that if someone says “Poch was tactically brilliant”, I don’t see you questioning their knowledge with “how do you know it was good?

But everyone has to “know more than Poch” to think we were shit in some games

No I don’t think he does, I didn’t try claim he did - but I do think is supporter feedback does influence the club. I know this because I saw this with AVB and style of football we played and how Levy actually referenced listening the fans about this. Its also why they were determined to get rid of Graham as soon as they took over. The supporter base determines the standards for the club - it’s why it’s hugely unlikely we will have a Benitez or Mourinho at the club. It also most likely played a part in us not moving to Stratford. Those standards should be an evolving process - one area that this takes place is through the online forums. If there is no push back against our domestic cup conduct then this will be deemed as acceptable by those in charge and nothing will change. That’s the whole point. But it’s telling your view of the supporterbase and their standing in the club - you clearly believe that we have no right to do this which says it all about you.

No I don’t think he does, I didn’t try claim he did - but I do think is supporter feedback does influence the club. I know this because I saw this with AVB and style of football we played and how Levy actually referenced listening the fans about this. Its also why they were determined to get rid of Graham as soon as they took over. The supporter base determines the standards for the club - it’s why it’s hugely unlikely we will have a Benitez or Mourinho at the club. It also most likely played a part in us not moving to Stratford. Those standards should be an evolving process - one area that this takes place is through the online forums. If there is no push back against our domestic cup conduct then this will be deemed as acceptable by those in charge and nothing will change. That’s the whole point. But it’s telling your view of the supporterbase and their standing in the club - you clearly believe that we have no right to do this which says it all about you.
I think it says more about you that you think your nonsense has any bearing on anything....I really hope the club don't read anything in here, they'll either be selling every player or keeping them for whatever wages they want depending on which way the wind is blowing...

I must admit I quite enjoy reading your posts as if nothing else they give a viewpoint from the other side of the wall. Unnecessarily harshly critical at times but through all of that your passion and desire for the team to achieve success does come shining through. You just feel we can reach those goals via a different route. That is what riles the majority of members.
At the end of the day we are all supporters of this football club....how we each go about it is a matter for the individual concerned.
I may not agree with your thoughts but I respect your right to express them.
PS
I thought you were great in Thunderbirds.

I think it says more about you that you think your nonsense has any bearing on anything....I really hope the club don't read anything in here, they'll either be selling every player or keeping them for whatever wages they want depending on which way the wind is blowing...

He didn’t specifically say they read TFC.

He is saying that supporters and what they demand plays a part in clubs decisions. Forums is just one part of that consensus.

You’re pretty naive if you don’t believe in this day and age the clubs use social media to gauge what their fans thinks.
No one said Levy reads TFC before his sells someone, but if you don’t think that Spurs have people working in PR that keep a close eye on the general thoughts of fans across twitter, Facebook, Instagram and forums then your living in cloud cuckoo land.

Just for marketing reasons alone it would be negligent not to

I must admit I quite enjoy reading your posts as if nothing else they give a viewpoint from the other side of the wall. Unnecessarily harshly critical at times but through all of that your passion and desire for the team to achieve success does come shining through. You just feel we can reach those goals via a different route. That is what riles the majority of members.
At the end of the day we are all supporters of this football club....how we each go about it is a matter for the individual concerned.
I may not agree with your thoughts but I respect your right to express them.
PS
I thought you were great in Thunderbirds.
Hood offers more interest that the twats that keep banning him.

Well you would do because you are a passive status quo guy who has to be told his opinions and never questions anything except the supporters of the club. You are a modern club owners wet dream of a supporter.

Can someone explain exactly how Poch's attitude to the domestic cups differs from other managers ?

Every team plays weakened sides in the early rounds, this includes champo teams. If/When we get to the semi-finals we play a strong side. Again, the same as every other manager.

Can someone explain exactly how Poch's attitude to the domestic cups differs from other managers ?

Every team plays weakened sides in the early rounds, this includes champo teams. If/When we get to the semi-finals we play a strong side. Again, the same as every other manager.
Poch actually says that he doesn't really care about domestic cups (which could reflect to the players). I've never heard Sir Alex saying such a thing. And trust me, Poch won't win the league or Champions League anytime soon so he better starts caring about the FA Cup.

Yet Ranieri, Drinkwater and Wes Morgan outwitted him and his best team in 30 years and we finished below a shit Woolwich (after capitulating a 13pt GAP) and lost 5-1 to a relegated team.

Great stuff
Why don’t you go and support another club if everything about Spurs and Poch is so shit? You just spout negative drivel daily - why do that yourself ?

Poch actually says that he doesn't really care about domestic cups (which could reflect to the players). I've never heard Sir Alex saying such a thing. And trust me, Poch won't win the league or Champions League anytime soon so he better starts caring about the FA Cup.
That's not strictly true. He has said that they aren't his top priority but he would still like to win them.
The same as the other managers of the top six.

Again, the same as any other manager, he plays weakened teams against weaker opposition and in the semis etc he plays the strongest team possible. How does this show that he doesn't care/want to win them.

That's not strictly true. He has said that they aren't his top priority but he would still like to win them.
Of course he 'wants' to win the FA Cup, but it's completely wrong imo to say time and time again that you don't really care about it. Everybody knows that he would rather win the league or CL.

In the FA Cup semi defeat to Man Utd he played Vorm in goal ahead of Hugo. Simply on the basis he'd been our cup keeper up until that point.
It cost us the game. And on the back of 7 successive SF defeats, it was a shocking decision. One of the few times I've openly criticised Poch.
I felt more upset by that defeat than the CL final loss for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom