Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So they genuinely tried to get Poch banned for the final?
When in the history of the game has a manager ever been banned for a team coming out late?

Liverpool are really dishing out those brown envelopes aren’t they

If Juve is a sideways step then there are only about 3 teams in world football that are above our level, which we all know is not true.

Juve win titles every season, regularly compete in the late stages of the CL and they have Cristiano in their team. It would be daft in the extreme to pretend we are on the same level as them. We are not a million miles away but we are not in the same tier as them at this point, we would not have been able to sign Cristiano from Real Madrid.

I think you're misunderstanding the point being made. From a managerial perspective there's not much that appeals about Juve apart from for managers that are over the hill. Winning the league every single season as a minimum expectation and your performance being judged entirely on how you do in the Champions League, where for now you're going to be miles behind Premier League teams and struggling to compete, isn't a great job for a young manager on the ascendency. It'd be like taking on the Argentina job right now for the extent it'd hobble his career.

So they genuinely tried to get Poch banned for the final?
When in the history of the game has a manager ever been banned for a team coming out late?

Liverpool are really dishing out those brown envelopes aren’t they

What utter cunts. It really is Us versus Them isn't it?

UEFA obviously make these rules up on the fly. Where does the money go? Into whose pockets?

Dodgy af.

And when we signed Sissoko people said that it was a sort of signing for the sake of it (one poster still does) but look how that has worked out?
Took time yes but the same will probably happen with Foyth as has happened with Lucas another one that a lot didn’t fancy when he arrived

I think Poch knows what he’s doing and isn’t finished with us just yet
I don't have any evidence to back this up other than my gut and trying to lay some logic and understanding of what Poch has said previously but my gut tells me that Sissoko wasn't a Poch signing, more to the point he wasn't a Poch scouted player. Sissoko to my mind fits into the bracket of a Levy signing when his phone rings from an agent to tell him to "look what I've got for you". *Obviously he then picks up the phone to Poch and says are you interested in this player if I can get him in?

Whereas, I'd say both Foyth and Lucas were scouted players, especially Foyth.

I think it's only fair to not see a new signing take at least a season to find their feet at a club, even Eriksen admitted that it took him 2 seasons to understand the role in which Poch wanted from him (and he was already here and ever-present in the team).

exp18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom