Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is like last summer all over again when Poch said we need to be 'brave' and everyone was bickering about what he meant by that. Loads saying Levy had to back him with money...we had to spend...Poch is demanding it. 12 months later we're getting ready for the Champions League final without spending a penny.

None of us knows what he means in his press conferences but fair play for passing the looooonnnng three weeks debating it.

The players are off today and tomorrow. I'm hoping Poch and Levy are sitting down right now getting their plan together. Personally I'd love Poch to announce a new contract before the final.

But you agree with the analogy?
Trainers - Tenner - Charity shop
Nope as there were available players to improve us for cheap.

Not signing anyone is on Poch I'm afraid as Glenn has said. I don't mind as I've trusted the squad for the past 5 years and continue too. But for those of you who have been bleating about the CL finalists not having a good enough squad, this season has shown, in hindsight, there were players available.

Here's a few...

One of them I, and many others, have been calling for us to sign for many years.

Not signing anyone is on Poch I'm afraid.
I think we've finally found some common ground mate.

We agree that we've been trying to operate in the transfer market on the cheap.
And we agree that Poch would like us to spend more money to get the players he actually wants.

I always thought we had more in common than we realised.

Not signing anyone is on Poch I'm afraid as Glenn has said. I don't mind as I've trusted the squad for the past 5 years and continue too. But for those of you who have been bleating about the CL finalists not having a good enough squad, this season has shown, in hindsight, there were players available.

Here's a few...

One of them I, and many others, have been calling for us to sign for many years.
Apart from Alisson I don't think any of them fit the type of signing that Poch seems to be after. He's after the ready made products with experience that can win us the title.

This is like last summer all over again when Poch said we need to be 'brave' and everyone was bickering about what he meant by that. Loads saying Levy had to back him with money...we had to spend...Poch is demanding it. 12 months later we're getting ready for the Champions League final without spending a penny.

None of us knows what he means in his press conferences but fair play for passing the looooonnnng three weeks debating it.

The players are off today and tomorrow. I'm hoping Poch and Levy are sitting down right now getting their plan together. Personally I'd love Poch to announce a new contract before the final.

New!!!!! My God, he would be on a billion pounds per week.

Slight hyperbole.

And we agree that Poch would like us to spend more money to get the players he actually wants.

There is a difference between on the cheap and sensibly.

You believe that spending £40m on Jack Grealish would be sensible. It is not. It never will be.

Whereas that money could have got us Moutinho and Maddison. That's on Poch and Hitchin.

You said Poch was given no money, you were wrong.

It is not just the amount of money but the timing of bringing in players,, ie get them for pre season, not competing for players if another big 6 club is interested and selling before buying. These factors also cause problems. If we are buying a RB then buy him and worry about moving Trippier or Aurier on later as other clubs do.

There is a difference between on the cheap and sensibly.

You believe that spending £40m on Jack Grealish would be sensible. It is not. It never will be.

Whereas that money could have got us Moutinho and Maddison. That's on Poch and Hitchin.

You said Poch was given no money, you were wrong.
I agree that 40m on Grealish is not sensible but I think Poch has earned the right to spend it on him if he wants to.

Definitely wanted him when AVB was manager but he's 32 now, it's one thing playing for wolves, it's another thing playing for us.
Age is nothing but a number.

Moutinho would have 100% done a job for us. Wolves play high intensity football that has seen them beat or challenge every opponent they've played.

Not only that, Moutinho has been on our scouting radar for ages.

Letting him go was an error on our part.

I'm not that fussed as I said, I trust our squad. But to look at Jack Grealish and go "yea he's good enough" and go "Moutinho ain't" is an error.

Means levy covering the clubs back by tying down his manager incase another club comes calling in which case they’ll have to get the check book out if they want him. Its straight out the levy playbook. Which is fair still.

Maybe poch stays maybe he goes. Whats for certain is poch is weighing up his future, which he has said numerous times very recently, if not in those exact words. Sure it might mean nothing but as a spurs fan you’d rather the manager not say these things. And certainly you’d rather he say these things to levy behind closed doors rather than publicly to the press, which only further adds fuel to the fire.

Which mind control tricks did Levy use to force him to sign the contract then?

Age is nothing but a number.

Moutinho would have 100% done a job for us. Wolves play high intensity football that has seen them beat or challenge every opponent they've played.

Not only that, Moutinho has been on our scouting radar for ages.

Letting him go was an error on our part.

I'm not that fussed as I said, I trust our squad. But to look at Jack Grealish and go "yea he's good enough" and go "Moutinho ain't" is an error.
But they've finished in 7th place and we've finished 4th and we're in the final of the champions league. He wouldn't get 38 games playing for us, he might have had a couple of crap seasons like Llorente. Poch has got to be allowed to make his own errors, he's done so already.

As you only deal in facts, I don't suppose you could tell us which players he didn't want?

Back
Top Bottom