Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's because our transfer windows are usually shitshows involving last minute bids, haggling and panic buys. Or as we saw last Summer, do absolutely nothing at all! Frustration amongst fans really isn't that hard to understand.

Our windows are normally far more successful than most - hence we have had countless years of progression whilst most of the others have got worse.

Yup, and now the rain has started to pour on us we are at serious risk of the entire roof caving in.

Needless situation to be in.
Oh. I thought it meant we let the sun & heat in, & ended up melting & dying from our own sun glow.
But seriously it is a needless situation to be in and was very preventable.

Frustration amongst fans really isn't that hard to understand.

This is probably the more apt number to be using:

1*kEAI2kQ73fnZp7CDYH8Yfw.png

That is hard to believe when we have been told lots of times on here that it is super difficult to get even 1 signing that is vital to the squad, now we can get 3 for 50m!

Who is 'we' and who has told you this. I'm very confident that neither of those is me.

and yes, we can get 3 for £50 million if we shop smart.

Trouble is do you trust both chairman and manager to sort this out and recruit quality additions it's hard to see anything other than more spin and bullshit excuses come August.
I have some faith in poch realising the importance of strengthening every summer as it keeps competition going, things fresh & obviously helps you cope better with injuries & fatigue.
Poch is still fairly new to management & learning. Where as I have less hope in levy as he is a veteran of the game. We all know his weaknesses with buying & selling players. He actually thought no signings was a good original think outside the box idea.

Last edited:
There has never been one transfer deadline day on here where someone hasn't labelled the window a disaster because we didn't sign more players.
That is still not the same as people moaning if we signed messi! & deep down you know this... you cheeky monkey.

Who is 'we' and who has told you this. I'm very confident that neither of those is me.

and yes, we can get 3 for £50 million if we shop smart.
Loads of people all summer, go in the summer transfer thread. There were lots of people saying it is really hard & difficult to sign players who will become vital to the squad. No , I wasn't saying you said that.
There are lots who will tell you its very difficult to sign a player who will become a vital squad player.
Anyway, I hope you are right about getting 3 important players for 50m. The market is getting tougher though.

I have some faith in poch realising the importance of strengthening every summer as it keeps competition going, things fresh & obviously hopes you cope better with injuries & fatigue.
Poch is still fairly new to management & learning. Where as I have less hope in levy as he is a veteran of the game. We all know his weaknesses with buying & selling players. He actually thought no signings was a good original think outside the box idea.
Poch has been in management long enough mate and I like him but he keeps making the same mistakes trouble is we can't get any better because no one will work under this set up.
Poch has done well no question but after 5 years do we look any closer to winning anything answer is no but is that all his fault again no, nothing will change and the same conversation will be had next year along with the same results and no trophies.

I have some faith in poch realising the importance of strengthening every summer as it keeps competition going, things fresh & obviously hopes you cope better with injuries & fatigue.
He's been in coaching or management for ten years or so - ten years in anything is long enough to become an expert. It doesn't take experience to know about a squad refresh, I bet it's there in the coaching courses or any mentor would have told him so at some point.

Poch has been in management long enough mate and I like him but he keeps making the same mistakes trouble is we can't get any better because no one will work under this set up.
Poch has done well no question but after 5 years do we look any closer to winning anything answer is no but is that all his fault again no, nothing will change and the same conversation will be had next year along with the same results and no trophies.
Yeah he does make some of the same mistakes but he does so much right too. & he has got us punching above our weight. Like you say, we wouldn't be able to get anyone better as they wouldn't work under levy.
Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes & improve but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't.
We can be very arrogant & stubborn at times. We are still in a good position to learn from our mistakes & rebuild this summer though. Fingers crossed!

He's been in coaching or management for ten years or so - ten years in anything is long enough to become an expert. It doesn't take experience to know about a squad refresh, I bet it's there in the coaching courses or any mentor would have told him so at some point.
You are right that he should be better equipped by now at dealing with fatigue. He has made changes as don't forget we used to press teams and then pay for it towards the end of the season. I also think we used to do double training & he has lessened the intensity of it. But obviously he needs to do more to tackle this problem. The best managers seem to be stubborn by nature, so 10 years sounds like long enough to learn your lesson, but their stubbornness means it can take longer or they never do change at all.

Back
Top Bottom