Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone who says we were'nt in a title race while 2pts off top with 12 games left need'nt bother disecting the window, and transfers, and tactics or anything else to be honest.

Its such a small time mentality, and sadly one thats shared by the players.....fail, and we have the lovely cushion of never have been at the race to start with. Its bullshit and a cop out.

This capitulation is nothing short of a disgrace to be perfectly frank about it. We've put ourselves in a situation where the only way to salvage anything from this season is to basically win at Anfield, beat City at the Lane and go two games without losing at The Etihad.

Ridiculous position we've put ourselves in which would have been avoided by beating two teams that have lost 35 games between them this season. We were garbage against Chelsea and gifted them victory, and gave Woolwich a goal too, you know, cos thats what we do.

Its not over yet, pull it out the bag and we can beat City over two legs, then who knows. Im more convinced we'll will the CL than we'll finish top 4........and if we miss out, Im sure people will start saying we were never in a top 4 race what with not signing anyone. Defeatist, small time revisionism.

Last edited:
How many fucking times is he going to say this about Real Madrid?
until people stop asking I guess.

It is apparently a big shock that a Spanish speaking manager who has spent majority of his life in Spain could possibly perhaps be interested in coaching Real Madrid one day.

A literal translation via google translate:

"I do not look long term, I'm happy and I still have four years of contract."

The Argentine coach, a sponsor of the presentation of the MIC tournament, was questioned about whether Madrid loved him and answered the interviewer, with a small mouth, that "put him in a compromise".

"There are always rumours, not only with me but with other colleagues, but 90% are false," said Pochettino, who declined to give more details on the subject and said he was "very happy" when Tottenham is about to end. its fifth season.

" Tottenham has a different philosophy, we are very motivated with the Champions and with the premiere of the new stadium," the coach said.

Completely and utterly consistent with every interview he's given.

" Tottenham has a different philosophy, we are very motivated with the Champions and with the premiere of the new stadium," the coach said .

"I sign the final against Barça"

Asked in the act about if it is seen in the Wanda final, Pochettino said that "I'm confident I'm over" and admitted that he would sign the final against Barça.

Lost in translation, I think.

A literal translation via google translate:

"I do not look long term, I'm happy and I still have four years of contract."

The Argentine coach, a sponsor of the presentation of the MIC tournament, was questioned about whether Madrid loved him and answered the interviewer, with a small mouth, that "put him in a compromise".

"There are always rumours, not only with me but with other colleagues, but 90% are false," said Pochettino, who declined to give more details on the subject and said he was "very happy" when Tottenham is about to end. its fifth season.

" Tottenham has a different philosophy, we are very motivated with the Champions and with the premiere of the new stadium," the coach said.

Completely and utterly consistent with every interview he's given.
None of that makes any sense

I guess you'll have to wait until Google translate eventually gets around to doing Lego language, until then best stick with shitting your pants because of a Clickbait headline in a Spanish newspaper.
:harrysmile:
Back to Twitter you go, grandad - desperately trying to stay relevant

Back to Twitter you go, grandad - desperately trying to stay relevant
giphy.gif

I'm not going to bother to translate. there's nothing of substance there

Could you anyway, please?

Because Mirror has a different, from the above, take on a specific and possible quite relevant bit.

He said: “I am happy at Tottenham .

“This club has a different philosophy now and we are very motivated by the Champions League and moving into the new stadium.”

After a never-ending parade of "we're operating on a different level and compete" kinda comments. Could this be that we're ready to move into a different kind operational level, with the consolidation as a CL (assuming we do finish the job in the league), income from a deep-ish run in the CL this season and from the new stadium.

Could easily be lost in translation. Or rather than we now have a lets-go-spend philosophy now, then be a we have a different philosophy right now than we're I'm looking to take us in (whatever numbers of) years.

Still I did make me take notice :levyeyes:

Eventually Poch will leave us for pastures new. Who should replace him? I really like the Wolves manager, his side has played some lively football that woudl suit us. I also think Ryan Mason will one day be our manager and be fantastic.
Nuno is a counter attack manager. We have to have an attacking manager. Not someone that only knows how to play as the underdog.

Could you anyway, please?

Because Mirror has a different, from the above, take on a specific and possible quite relevant bit.

He said: “I am happy at Tottenham .

“This club has a different philosophy now and we are very motivated by the Champions League and moving into the new stadium.”

After a never-ending parade of "we're operating on a different level and compete" kinda comments. Could this be that we're ready to move into a different kind operational level, with the consolidation as a CL (assuming we do finish the job in the league), income from a deep-ish run in the CL this season and from the new stadium.

Could easily be lost in translation. Or rather than we now have a lets-go-spend philosophy now, then be a we have a different philosophy right now than we're I'm looking to take us in (whatever numbers of) years.

Still I did make me take notice :levyeyes:

“El Tottenham tiene una filosofía diferente, estamos muy motivados con la Champions y con el estreno del nuevo estadio”

tottenham have a different style now (we're not the club of old). we're still in it with regards to the champions league and we've got a kick-ass new stadium on the way.

that's with a bit of poetic license on my part to catch the gist

Back
Top Bottom