Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has had cause to get stuck into refs in the past. he has never reacted like this.
Let me say, as much as Dean is a show pony, and made some crap calls today and of late, he didn't cost us the game. We lost it.

However, as its not in line with Poch as we know him and the fact he asked Dean to " repeat his comments to the cameras " , tells me whatever he said should be revealed, even if Poch cops a fine. It wasn't just Poch who was furious, Juses Perez was as well.

Although he briefly lost his cool, well what could be considered as "lost it" for Someone who is normally so cool. He has been very smart not to say what the Dean said. Will be interesting to see if Dean reports him. If he doesn't, I think it fair to say that even Dean thought he was out of order with whatever he said.

Then, if Dean or the FA do charge Poch, I am sure he will make it known very publicly what the twat said. It must have been something bad for Poch to react. If it was "better luck next season" or something like, then personally, I think Dean should be sacked immediately. He should not have any opinions on any teams position in a title fight, he should just ref the game impartially and making comments means he knows that the games outcome has been a big blow.

Just yet another example of Referees trying to become the centre of attention.

I hope Poch doesnt go fully apologetic though, as we all know the nice men always get walked over. Doesnt hurt to get stuck in occasionally. Maybe a strong letter to the FA regarding the Deans comments and the telling stats when he refs one of our games, it doesnt look good.

Whoever Pochettino brings to the club during the summer he must focus on a player who demands the players around him give 100%.

A moaner, a leader, a stroppy bo!!ocks to other players. A noulder.

We will not get the sheer quality of player that City and United can buy but we surely can acquire the right character of player.

We talk of what we lack. Character more than quality in my opinion.

I hope the FA make a BIG DEAL out of this...
I reckon an FA investigation would be ideal... as Dean will HAVE to repeat what he said... if Poch went full blown "Keegan" for no good reason, then he will deserve, and accept a fine, I'm sure.

But if they want to know WHY and WHAT WAS SAID, then I'm sure Mike Dean will be squirming in his "MD" embossed directors chair this morning!

Either he's bent, biased, or just a narcissistic, smug little cunt... or all three!

Whoever Pochettino brings to the club during the summer he must focus on a player who demands the players around him give 100%.

We will not get the sheer quality of player that City and United can buy but we surely can acquire the right character of player.

Well see your point but not looking forward to another Aurier type with right attitude .

The bald fucker clearly said something out of order for Poch to point to the camera and ask him to repeat it. I hope it comes out and the bent slaphead cunt is demoted to non league reffing.
:walker-scream:

This! And what is overlooked imo, because Poch for good reason is at the center of the debate, is how Jesus reacted. He was actually the first in Dean's face and pointing a finger right in his face, before Poch stood in front of him.

Jesus seems such a level-headed man, and my impression has always been that he acts as Poch's counter in personality and is a massive part of keeping that Argetinian blood inside Poch from boiling over.

Something well out of line was said when you combine Poch walking away and turning back, Jesus' reaction and the pointing to the camera.

Has it come to this....

I can see why it's come to this.

This could be the third time in four years where we've "put pressure" on teams but ultimately never really threatened for trophies. Now IMHO Poch has to take a certain blame for not going after the likes of the FA cup which would have at least got a monkey off our back and looking down your nose at the Europa League isn't really on. I get he wants the big two trophies, but I think he needs a new approach, a new mindset and more importantly, new players to make the final step.What he has done has been excellent, but he needs to be more ruthless, because sadly I think he's way to nice to make the really hard call.

I can see why it's come to this.

This could be the third time in four years where we've "put pressure" on teams but ultimately never really threatened for trophies. Now IMHO Poch has to take a certain blame for not going after the likes of the FA cup which would have at least got a monkey off our back and looking down your nose at the Europa League isn't really on. I get he wants the big two trophies, but I think he needs a new approach, a new mindset and more importantly, new players to make the final step.What he has done has been excellent, but he needs to be more ruthless, because sadly I think he's way to nice to make the really hard call.
You're fucking serious....really...he's not ruthless enough....

I am not sure why this exchange with the ref such an issue. Sure to the media yes but for us and for Poch focusing on making the players play for the team should be ten times more important

Agree-an absolute turbocunt of a centre mid to go with winks. Sissoko as much as he has been great for us this season was back to his old self yesterday and is not a first choice title winning midfielder-never in a million years. We need a dembele/Wanyama replacement above ALL else.
Full back situation needs sorted too.

What I'm struggling with is that even with it being obvious he's talking shite Kirsty Gallagher agrees!!!

Come on Arty the win against Dortmund was 4 DAYS AGO, that’s a lifetime in football we can’t just hang on to those distant memories

Cunts all of them, every week I am closer to just logging off for good, all this “supporter” shit is spoiling the game for me, alongside everything else that’s going wrong with football

Back
Top Bottom