Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think supporters deserve to know what Mike Dean said to Poch, for a while now many of us have been suspicious about bias in this league from officials and it seems like Mike Dean said something that was obviously very unprofessional considering Poch asked him to “repeat it to the cameras” which Dean declined to do.

The rumour is that Dean said something like “better luck next year” but obviously that’s social media and can’t be trusted but it really wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case considering Dean likes to make it all about himself.

The standard of officials in this league is an embarrassment, they don’t get held accountable for their terrible decisions and honestly I think a lot of them are so easily swayed by their own bias or by outside opinion that it means they are no longer impartial.

If I wanted to support a club that won trophies every season, I'd go and support Man City pal.
Although, for most of us, what team we support isn't a matter of choice.
We dont choose to support Spurs. We were born Spurs. and we'll die Spurs.

So for some of us, it's not quite as straightforward as it may be for you.

Although, for most of us, what team we support isn't a matter of choice.
We dont choose to support Spurs. We were born Spurs. and we'll die Spurs.

So for some of us, it's not quite as straightforward as it may be for yoy.

Of course it is - don't chat such bollocks.

You are Spurs because you found affinity towards them (likely at a young age). Not because you were chosen to be a fucking Spurs fan upon entering the world. Give it a rest.

Of course it is - don't chat such bollocks.

You are Spurs because you found affinity towards them. Not because you were chosen to be a fucking Spurs fan upon entering the world. Give it a rest.
Nah, you're wrong mate.
Many fans have their football team passed down to them and will follow that team, and only that team, till the day they die.
They'd be unable to follow another club no matter how hard they tried.
It's a passionate part of their lives. Like a religion, almost.

Your penchant that fans can just swap and change their teams at the drop of a hat is the kind of stuff you'd expect in a playground.

I'm surprised you hold such childish views, to be honest.

Nah, you're wrong mate.
Many fans have their football team passed down to them and will follow that team, and only that team, till the day they die.
They'd be unable to follow another club no matter how hard they tried.
It's a passionate part of their lives. Like a religion, almost.

Your penchant that fans can just swap and change their teams at the drop of a hat is the kind of stuff you'd expect in a playground.

I'm surprised you hold such childish views, to be honest.

My dad's a Spurs fan - but supporting Spurs wasn't passed down to me at all. My mum supports Chelsea, but fuck off if you think I'd ever support them.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones who seemed to have an actual choice of what I can like and what I can follow. Luckily I chose Spurs and I went through the horrible times of the 90s and 00s just like everyone else and is just appreciating the best period I've ever witnessed since supporting the club (yes, amazingly even better than when I went through our last two trophy wins)

I guess maybe that's why I couldn't give a toss about trophies - because I didn't grow up craving them, I don't feel like we're entitled to win one. See, I can understand United fans moaning about lack of trophies because they grew up dominating. But us? Come on. A trophy would be great, but we're not owed anything.

Though I assume that's likely the same as quite a few on here who have NEVER lived through a Spurs period of consistent title wins and dominance (because it's barely happened in 100 year history).

I don't see a trophyless season as an unsuccessful season if I see continuous improvement and once again, its likely we'll see continuous improvement this season based on Champions League positioning and points total (and potential table finish)

Last edited:
I think it is different for everyone.

My mum and dad support Spurs and from when I was about seven they took me too and I have supported Spurs ever since.

But , I have met people who support different clubs to their parents. What difference ? Each to their own.

I think supporters deserve to know what Mike Dean said to Poch, for a while now many of us have been suspicious about bias in this league from officials and it seems like Mike Dean said something that was obviously very unprofessional considering Poch asked him to “repeat it to the cameras” which Dean declined to do.

The rumour is that Dean said something like “better luck next year” but obviously that’s social media and can’t be trusted but it really wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case considering Dean likes to make it all about himself.

The standard of officials in this league is an embarrassment, they don’t get held accountable for their terrible decisions and honestly I think a lot of them are so easily swayed by their own bias or by outside opinion that it means they are no longer impartial.
First of all I've always admired our manager for his self control in regards decisions against us when you see other managers having their wee rants and digs at officials and you think "oh shut up you got beat get on with it" now whether that's to our disadvantage his composure in the grand scale of things,who knows we can all guess? But I must admit it was refreshing Poch showing a bit of passion today I know my self by watching football how frustrating it is and not just us,other games as well the inconsistency of referees can be infuriating now if it pisses the fans of you can see players/managers are Going to to lose it eventually! But a side issue there is also a debate in Scotland with referees! There's a suggestion of taking in refs from other country's but that's not gone down to well as you can imagine our refs have threatened action as they did a few seasons ago and nothing changed and it won't in England either I'm we are just have to suck it up.....but it gets evened out over the season anyway does it not??????

Personally, I didn't mind seeing Poch 'lose it' at the end. Showed how much he was annoyed with the result and our sub-par performance -wish the players had showed half as much passion. Plus, we don't know what exactly that smug git Dean said to make Poch bristle.
However, Poch made a big mistake playing Foyth today. I like the kid and can see some potential, but he's still very raw and just isn't ready for the more physical games.
I agree to a point, but I hope it doesn't come to be seen as a Kevin-Keegan-style meltdown.

I'm glad Poch finally reacted to another anti-Spurs referee Mike Dean confronting him after the game. A pity he is back-tracking a bit but at least he stuck up for his players being cheated week-in, week-out, by a conspired collective in the FA and Sky to stop Tottenham at ALL costs.

Im glad Poch reacted too. But I think he could have done it better. As is often the case, its about choosing your battles and then slamming home your advantage when you have it.
Fergie would have gone nuclear on Oliver last week when Son was given a yellow card when it should have been a penalty, then with the moral high ground he would have gone on to state the number of penalties that Salah has been given. Fergie would put pressure on officials, like Mike Dean in adance of a match. We are a soft touch and not good enough at the ‘dark arts’

But we still need to defend better and whilst all goals can be said to be avoidable we got to look at ourselves on both today.

I'm sure this'll get some likes.

No likes but the link between losing pivotal games still holds for me.

Today was the one to win ahead of 2 arguably more difficult matches to come. We all know that.

The win, had it come would have meant nobody at all could have dismissed our challenge. Nobody.

And if you have a record of winning key games it's in your DNA. Ours is to lose such games.

Of course you get over it as a fan and no doubt as players but no matter the manager, no matter the personnel, it seems to be always the case.

It's weird.

Ramos might have been the Manager when we won the final but we would not have been there if Martin Jol had not got us through the early rounds.

Ramos was a waste of time. Anyone uttering his name in the same sentence as Poch isn't a true Spurs fan.

Footballs changed a lot since then & if you want any more reason to see that a trophy means naff all to that so called 'winning mentality' we apparently lack, take a look at how we did after we won that little cup. A great day, a great feeling but it didn't exactly propel us did it? Stability at the moment is key, will be for a while

Ramos might have been the Manager when we won the final but we would not have been there if Martin Jol had not got us through the early rounds.

To be fair, Ramos was an excellent cup manager for us.

The performance away the Eastlands when we were down to 10 men was really good and then we smashed Woolwich 5-1, which was also our first win over them in 8 years?

Which is why I refuse to believe its a mentality thing with the players under Pochettino, because you could argue the players under Ramos had the same Spursy mentality. This was a bunch that gave Woolwich 4th place in 2006 and threw away a 1-3 lead at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup a year later.

Back
Top Bottom