Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would NEVER say or accept we have not progressed under Pochettino. That would make me worse than Myopic Magoo.

But not to have won a cup is poor and to not recognise the benefit of doing so a real concern for me.

Look how Sarri and all top managers recognise the need for silverware at whatever club they go to.
I agree, but you are putting your weight behind posters who claim as much.

I 100% believe we should have beaten Utd and Chelsea in those games, but despite what Poch says, he had one eye on the title and didn’t go full strength when we should have.

But I’m not going to sit there an say we didn’t win the Carabou because Levy didn’t splash out 150M on marquee signings.
It’s a shambolic argument from these posters that had we won the final, it would be progression and the only way to gauge it.

Yet EL to CL and top 3 regulars isn’t moving forward.
Have these cretins ever wondered why the they are even talking about City as our rivals these days. The only joy they took from our CL qualification to the knock outs was the fact we struggled in the beginning and scraped through.

This lot are worse than arse fan tv.
At least those cunts have regressed. What’s our excuse?

I 100% believe we should have beaten Utd and Chelsea in those games, but despite what Poch says, he had one eye on the title and didn’t go full strength when we should have.

But I’m not going to sit there an say we didn’t win the Carabou because Levy didn’t splash out 150M on marquee signings.
It’s a shambolic argument from these posters that had we won the final, it would be progression and the only way to gauge it.

Have these cretins ever wondered why the they are even talking about City as our rivals these days. The only joy they took from our CL qualification to the knock outs was the fact we struggled in the beginning and scraped through.

You’ve got nothing outside of
Waaaahhhhhhhhhh me want silverware

You’re support is fucking shit
Lol you such a gutless hand wringing apologist cunt a pathetic specimen no wonder we get nowhere what a cock you are.
:dembelelol:

Lol you such a gutless hand wringing apologist cunt a pathetic specimen no wonder we get nowhere what a cock you are.
:dembelelol:

So Levy played Vorm and put Son at left back?
You know why WHL became a cesspit of sighs and moans some days in recent years.

Cos cunts like you turned up....Johnny come latelys that were “doing something else” during the Jol years when games were a party despite being 6th and 5th and only dreaming of breaking the top 4.
And if we slip back, you’ll all fuck off again.

God forbid none of you ever step foot in the new ground. You’re just Claude and Ty and DT with a blue scarf on.

Shite mate, knock yourself out

Okay point made.

It is as simple to say if we finish top 4 this season with nil expenditure then in the round it will further evidence our ability and strength of character in a 38 game season.

We won't win the league however until we add players (raise the bar a tad) and mentality in my opinion and that is my gripe this January as we are arguably in a better league position but more tenuous playing staff position than expected.

As for the cups it is a shocker although bizarrely tomorrow is the one time we do have excuses not to go through.

So Levy played Vorm and put Son at left back?
You know why WHL became a cesspit of sighs and moans some days in recent years.

Cos cunts like you turned up....Johnny come latelys that were “doing something else” during the Jol years when games were a party despite being 6th and 5th and only dreaming of breaking the top 4.
And if we slip back, you’ll all fuck off again.

God forbid none of you ever step foot in the new ground. You’re just Claude and Ty and DT with a blue scarf on.

Shite mate, knock yourself out
Johnny come lately supporting the club for 50 years since birth your a thick cunt, go find a politician and fuck him you <removed> and never contact me again you utter lump of turd.

What new identity? Define that for me? We are the sixth biggest club by revenue now and we will remain that even with the new stadium. In terms of financial capacity - there is a ceiling and that has been reached.

That's just plain wrong. If I wasn't so polite I'd call it bullshit.

We've been catching up on Liverpool's revenue for the past 4-5 years. And boy, did we have a lot of catching up. That lot were in CL for years at a time when our default was midtable, punctuated by the odd relegation fight. Getting close to a EUFA cup spot was about as good as it got. Go around parts of the Far East and yoo'll see 100 Liverpool shirts for every Spurs one. I was in Mumbai a couple of years back. It was probably closer to 1,000:1.

The match day revenues at New WHL will be very much bigger than Anfield's. That means we'll be hauling them in at a faster rate. Can you imagine what the boxes and tunnel club revenues at new WHL for CL matches v the likes of Barcelona and Madrid would be? That stadium has been designed so cleverly on so many different levels, but I'll just concentrate on the market segmentation. I'm happy for things like the tunnel club and the cheese room, because it means that people with more money than sense are having a ton of money taken off them. Which means we could build the South stand "wall" for plebs like me, and with no box interruptions for a great atmosphere.

I'm happy for the NFL pitch underneath. If it works, and we put on NFL matches, boxing, gigs on an astroturf pitch, then again we can cross subsidise tickets so that we get close to 62,000 for Burnley on a wet Monday night when it's live on the telly. And truckloads from the tunnel club again. And if we ever get to the NFL franchise situation, well then all bets are off. Why did Khan buy Fulham? For the football? Did he fuck. Why did he want to buy Wembley? To put Fulham there? Like fuck.

Going back to the Liverpool point - We will also be catching up with Goons and Chavs - 2 teams who were MILES ahead in revenues. Chavs because they lucked out with Abramovich, Goons because their match day revenues were 3 times the size of old WHL. One or other of those - maybe both - will probably miss out on CL when we get it. CL to Europa revenues - massive difference. Massive.

We've now had the best sequence of League finishes in our history, with the exception of the Double team of 61 and the years either side. And it's sustainable. Our structure is sooo much better than that of Chavs and Goons. We produce more players, we scout better, we improve them more, our academy is better. That can take years to get right. Look at Manure. 6 years since Fergie left and with the exception of generating revenues at a rate they don't need, they are a mess.

We will never be able to compete with a Mansour owned City. But we won't need to. As our revenues rise, we will be able to pay every squad member at least £100k a week, or £5m a year. The only players we will miss out on will be those whose values are so skewed that they need to have even more than that (Sanchez, Ozil). And if they are that skewed, we don't want them - they won't be team players. Wrong ethos. Disruptive.

Reaching financial capacity? A ceiling? Bullshit. There, I've said it.

Johnny come lately supporting the club for 50 years since birth your a thick cunt, go find a politician and fuck him you <removed> and never contact me again you utter lump of turd.

So you’re at least 55?
You must be so proud of yourself banging away at your iPhone....do you peer over the top of your spectacles too like a proper dad, while typing like a 14 with learning difficulties?

Supports the club for 50 years and acts like we were better off under Sugar.
Proper laughing at you mate

So you’re at least 55?
You must be so proud of yourself banging away at your iPhone....do you peer over the top of your spectacles too like a proper dad, while typing like a 14 with learning difficulties?

Mate you are the reason why parents should not allow youngsters to much time on a PC otherwise they end up like you weak and brown nosey time for you to go on ignore I feel.

Mate you are the reason why parents should not allow youngsters to much time on a PC otherwise they end up like you weak and brown nosey time for you to go on ignore I feel.

I’m no youngster, but I have the ability to put a compelling argument forward.
I can be a cunt when I want to be....sadly for you, it’s not a choice.

So you’re at least 55?

50 years from birth makes him 50 years old sammy. I heard he was very critical of the way the club was run up to he was about 3 or 4 but has loosened up a bit since then.

50 years from birth makes him 50 years old sammy. I heard he was very critical of the way the club was run up to he was about 3 or 4 but has loosened up a bit since then.
:eriksenlol:

He went through relegation in the 70s, the dark ages of the 90s and early 00s, and he thinks this is the worst era of his Spurs supporting life.

In other news, newborn baby wants Levy OUT

What the fuck are you on mate read it fucking properly I said that I have supported the club all my life and will continue to do so, but please stop this bollocks that people like you continue to peddle which effectively tries to stifle anyone with a different opinion to yours it's sickening.
So are defeatist supporters
Support doesn't contemplate defeat
- just recognises when defeat happens and moves on.
Unless you buy the club, get selected for the team or become manager, you can't change a fucking thing.
You are just an onlooker, just like all of us

Yeah agree with you and the Hood, who has also made some superb points.

We have not and are unlikely to ever have the highest revenue but on the pitch we have had teams at times who are comparable to their opponents. Often better in truth.

We are once again on the cusp of something of significance and all we hear again and again is continued patience and understanding. Within reason that is okay but it is so defensive and self defeating.

8 semi-finals makes tomorrow's game one to fear more than look forward to and that would be regardless of personnel. That should tell anyone that somewhere there is an inherent flaw or sense of not being good enough. It's fcuking there for all to see. MENTALITY.

And now what we are seeing are reasons not to add to a very good squad at exactly the right time because Pochettino talks of the 'right' player. What the fcuk does that mean and what in our model suggests for one minute that such a player is off radar to other clubs and will come to us or does Pochettino think with the new stadium comes a name change to Real Madrid?

It is astonishing.
Did the same group of players play in those 8 games?
No, so it's an irrelevant stat

Back
Top Bottom