Match Threads 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sure someone even more bored than me could do it better but...

10cu2yo.png

2gujic4.png

Trends:
- Anything other than a fact in the title, like a dig at the other team or a COYFS, has a negative result
- Inconsistent capital letters also fuck us over
- Match Threads created 3 days or less in advance are best
- Thelonious provides edgy and just about satisfactory matches
- Sibs gives us a little bit of everything
- Dru is shit
- SpursUltra is the shit
- tehTrunk kills people

Influences not taken into account:
- Match Threads in 2011
- Time of Match Thread creation
- The state of Benny's hair
- Harry's focus on another job
- The strength of the opposition
- Oh, and the fact that match threads have no bearing on the actual outcome of a game

HyNdZee said:
I'm sure someone even more bored than me could do it better but...

[ Image ]

Trends:
- Anything other than a fact in the title, like a dig at the other team or a COYFS, has a negative result
- Inconsistent capital letters also fuck us over
- Thelonious provides edgy and just about satisfactory matches
- Sibs gives us a little bit of everything
- Dru is shit
- SpursUltra is the shit
- tehTrunk kills people

Influences not taken into account:
- Match Threads in 2011
- The state of Benny's hair
- Harry's focus on another job
- The strength of the opposition
- Oh, and the fact that match threads have no bearing on the actual outcome of a game

I want to see correlation charts if you factor benny's hair.

And then some Venn diagrams, or a pie chart, I love a pie chart me.

tricky said:
I want to see correlation charts if you factor benny's hair.

And then some Venn diagrams, or a pie chart, I love a pie chart me.

I too want to see this so I factored in Benny's hair and provided a Venn diagram with its correlation to results and users in the original post.

I might do a few pie charts once I get full Benny hair data.

dmarchantthfc said:
also is there any correlation in how many days/hours the thread was created before kick off,

i have a feeling for more in advance its created the worse we do

Yes - I've updated the image, 3 days in advance is ideal.

Not really - in terms of all results, including cup games, and days it is pretty inconclusive.

However, considering how irrelevant the rest of the data is, there is a correlation in that our Premier League performances tend to be better when the thread is created no more than 5 days in advance.

Most people would say this is due to us being more excited about better opposition and therefore the better opposition is the reason for the shitter performance. Nevertheless, both you and I know the result is actually entirely dependent on the amount of days a thread was created beforehand instead.

So with Sibs doing the thread someone need to tweet benny about getting his hair braided for Wembley.

Ill do it.

@harryengland: @AssouEkotto Afternoon mate, any chance you can braid your hair for Wembley? Our results are better with the braids than the 'fro! COYS!

Sorted, I hope he takes notice of this factually relevant styling advice.

Back
Top Bottom