Match Thread: Wolves (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

spooky said:
AssouEkotto Benoit Assou-Ekotto
Shit result! Dont need it now! But we cannot win every game... My both ankle is pain full -((( LOL Fokus on man city now

I wish all players were that honest, post match interviews on sky would be a hell of a lot more interesting.

I genuinely can't wait for the City game now, fucking smash 'em!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

spooky said:
AssouEkotto Benoit Assou-Ekotto
Shit result! Dont need it now! But we cannot win every game... My both ankle is pain full -((( LOL Fokus on man city now
Keeps it real but probably not the best thing to tweet this soon after the game.

Hope he's okay for City

Rafa always gets hate. Fuck it, I'm still feeling disappointed as hell but this is crazy, we look like a fucking team, you get the odd setback and just keep going. Manure lost at home to Blackburn and you don't hear them saying they've fallen out of contention. I know Adebayor is out for the City game, but come on, let's take it to these cunts.

NO1JIB said:
Sibs said:
VanDerBale said:
I say champions league and let win the FA cup :).

4th+ was always the plan, but lets not chuck away the title hopes just yet eh, it only 14th January!

4th is still a massive achievement for us, easy to forget when the talk is of winning it, but i'd be well happy with 4th, all things considered.
I'd snap your hands off if you gave me 4th place right now. I think everyone's gotten a little carried away by Harry's usual media whoring and all the attention from those quarters.

Yep, all it takes is for one bad result and the mongs come out the woodwork.

Obviously frustrating to drop points at home but there's a long way to go. We kept plugging away which is the difference this season, showing real spirit and fight. When we lost at home to Stoke, Hull, Wolves in recent seasons we looked like a side devoid of ideas.

Just going purely on stats - everything goes through VdV and Modric - everything.

The reason VdV looks tired i don't think is his fitness, it has just as much to do with how much running and movement he has.

Most of it goes completely unnoticed, as a lot of it is little touches, small passes to create space and open things up. Occasionally there is a Hollywood pass or a one-on-one - that's what people remember.

There is a reason why we don't look like the same team when we are missing VdV, or, more often, when he is marked out the game.

Unlike last season, things have clicked in midfield and each player seems to give the others the license to play to their potential.

things didnt go our way yesterday, couple of crucial decisions were wrong and to be honest, some of our 'stars' didnt play that great, but for me, no one hid, bale wasnt on top form, but he still constantly wanted the ball and took responsibility, as did vdv. mods and parker were often crowded out, but they kept at it. i've seen too often in the past , spurs teams slowly give up games like this and get done on the break. the wolfs had a week to prepare for this and had obviously worked on getting a point, a massive point for them . we have to get used to teams looking at the lane and thinking 'shit, they're good, hope we can nick something' rather than seeing us as a soft touch. all in all, we werent great, but we gave it our best in the circumstances, this is a good thing, no ? been watching us for nearly 40 years and this mob are brilliant, enjoy it, even the poor results are more down to our opponants stopping us, rather than us playing shit.

Exactly! We've dispatched plenty of teams this season with that mentality, we kept going until the final whistle. I was saying yesterday that it'll be typical Spurs to smash City to pieces next week after this result.

I was at the game & it didn't look like we clicked. Nobody's fault, everyone kept trying & giving it 100%, just one of those days at the office where it looked like we could have come away with nothing despite our domination. Shooting wasn't the best & there were times when a poor first touch meant the shot was no longer on & players passed it around to find that half-second where a shot would be on. However, finger-pointing in a game like that is always useless - nobody gave up, nobody hid. It might have been a slightly tired display since 10 out of the 11 played on Wednesday, but everyone still gave it everything.

At least two or three times, Van der Vaart dropped back to the level of the CBs to get the ball while Parker stayed up the pitch. I think 'Arry wanted a lot of movement & some fluidity to keep us unpredictable against a Wolves side that were going to try to mark key players out of the game. Still, a point at home & three points away - as has already been said, it's the next four or five games which are key.

One of those days. Parker didn't look quite ready and clearly got in the fuckin way of VDV when he was about to shoot, spent loads of time in the second half going forward, which I don't necessarily have a problem with, but he can't shoot, so he should go forward to help out with assists just outside the penalty area.

We didn't click because we weren't allowed to, Wolves put in a great shift at the back and also made themselves a lot of chances as well. When was the last time Friedel had an actual save to make before yesterday?

I think we looked a tad tired. Bale wasn't up to his usual amazing standards. Parker perhaps wasn't quite ready.

No need for us to be despondent, we were an incorrect offside call away from the 3 points.

One thing that annoyed me yesterday (and lately, since we've been good) is that some "fans" think you have to wait until we score to sing. We need to lift the team from the start of the game.

COYS

Don't want to a blame the ref, as that would be too easy. Fact was we all but did enough yesterday to beat Wolves. The linesman dicked us on the Ade goal and the ref on the corner that shouldn't have been, but we just about play well enough to beat them.

I know that sounds odd, as we drew, but this was one of those games where we don't play well but win. As much as they stifled the way we played, they only had 5 shots compared to our 20 odd. They set out to nick a goal and get everybody behind in their half, and it worked. It wasn't like Stoke where we were completely robbed by the ref.

Just a bit unlucky. different day we would have won that. I was never worried about Wolves winning, even after they went 1-0 up, and that is a slightly odd feeling

Edited:Wrote we lost, I'm a dick. We of course drew

Back
Top Bottom