Match Thread: Stevenage (A) F.A. Cup 5th Round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Raitei said:
Right, so.. bit of Defoe branded paper over those cracks.

That's what bugs me though there shouldn't be any cracks we should be gubbing these lot at a canter. Don't know what the fuck is going on in their heads these last 10 days but someone needs to have words :bmj:

Meh fuck it the win should help

Those two low fizzed balls from Bale just now were the sort of thing we've been missing from him for a long time. His roaming role means he's just not providing that near as much anymore

Have to say Rose was impressive at LB today.Bale stuck to wide positions in the later half of the match and ofcourse the result was positive.Defoe's finishing was outstanding.

A win's a win but it wasn't totally convincing..

Pro's

Bale - had a cracking shot in the second half, made some really decent crosses too.

Adebayor - thought his attitude was decent unlike when he played at Watford, I kind of expected him to take it easy when he came on.

Defoe - 2 goals can't do any harm for the lad's confidence.

Cons

2 injuries - to players we could have used at Everton.

Set Pieces - our defending seemed lightweight on set pieces and we still don't look dangerous enough when we get them.

Defoe - like I say really pleased to see him get a couple but at times he was selfish and getting caught offside, just a bit frustrating at times.

Great result despite the injuries. I don't know why people are focusing on the negatives considering the last two games... I thought we did well to bounce back, especially Jermain.

Said before the game we'd go behind to an early goal and win 3-1, odds were 50/1 but my fucking bet365 account was empty, that would've been a tasty winner after losing £20 in the bookies at lunch.

Worked through the game so haven't seen it yet, dad said we were pretty poor and the stats show Stevenage may have edged it slightly. Hope we get a win on Saturday and break my away-win duck so I can drive home beaming like Russell Howard on acid.

Dawson is expected to have ruptured ankle ligaments. If true, a good few months.

Glad we have Gallas coming back to fitness then. Also Nelsen wins alot of headers, could see him do well versus the lesser sides.

Just got back home, was in park lane and for an FA cup game against Stevenage, decent atmosphere. Some moany negative cunts but mostly good old fashioned cheering on your team, how refreshing. More positives than negatives since we are that bit closer to Wembley. The injuries are worrying.

Can see how Stevenage manager to beat Reading now! Good side, if they were able to play like that every week they'd actually compete for the play offs in the Championship.

Poor old Daws. His season's been so short-lived. A little stat though - in his 9 games since coming back from the last injury (2 were only brief appearences) he's only conceded one goal, so he's still contributed quite a lot.

Now lets go and get him an FA Cup winners medal!

Moment of the match. Chris Waddle trying to imply the ball went over the line after Stevenage hit the bar...just before seeing a replay

NhQIv.gif

FAIL!

Oh also last night, not sure I like the cup matches anymore, you get some proper random people who obviously have never been to a live game before.

An asian lad next to me actually asked on the 5th minute if Bale started.

I had to reply, I thought long and hard, I went with 'yes, yes he did' sigh.

Back
Top Bottom