Match Thread: S.S. Lazio - Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Smith is no LB at all, so will have to be the kyle's, I'd also imagine AVB will look at that midfield and say... hmpf, too inexperienced.
Remember the man wants us to win it, and to do so we need to progress to the knockouts :avbshit:

I think that whatever the clubs ambition towards the EL is this season, the important thing is to build on todays result - string together some wins.

We can bring in the likes of Daws, Ade, Scotty P (if fit), Dempsey, Lloris, Thudd etc and still put out a potential 1st 11 team.

:avbwtf:

Lloris
Walker Caulker Dawson Naughton
Huddlestone Dembele
Dempsey
Lennon Adebayor Townsend

If AVB is taking it seriously (which I think he will), then I reckon this will be the side that he plays.

We should play a full strength team, far better to pick up points early on at home - then you can rest players later on for tiring away games once you've already qualified.....

SpursLegend said:
Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Caulker
Smith

Livermore
Huddlestone
Carroll

Dempsey
Adebayor
Townsend

Serious second string side that.

Looks good to me! Good mix of experience and youth throughout. Heavy rotation. Shouldn't disgrace. Gets some minutes to the fellas that need them, and helps with fitness where it's needed. This is exactly who I'd play.

[centre]Lloris

Smith - Caulker - Dawson - Naughton

Livermore - Huddlestone

Townsend - Dempsey - Falque

Adebayor[/centre]

That's what I'd do anyway.

See, I like that all of you guys are trying to put a good mixture of youth and experienced players in the line up ... but I'm not not sure how well they would do (even though it may sound good) ... the problem is that I'm not sure these players can gel up and link up with each other together well enough at this point (unless avb has already been working on this) ...

Against other weaker teams, youngsters can work, but Lazio is a decently good team

With saying that I still would like to see:

Lloris
Walker, Daws, Caulker, Naughton
Thudd, Livermore, Dembele
Lennon/Dempsey, Ade, Bale/Dempsey

Subs: I really hope Coulibaly, Falque and Townsend get some time.

AVB did say he'll make changes but said he'll still put in a very strong team ...
Note: Arry's Europa league strong team and AVB's europa league strong team are very diffrent from each other ... lol

Surprise me AVB! :avbshock:

The Weeknd said:
[centre]Lloris
Smith Dawson Caulker Naughton
Huddlestone Carroll
Dempsey Falque Townsend
Adebayor[/centre]

COYS!

I like the look of this. We are at home and can put Bale, Dembele and Defoe on the bench. Hard to see AVB "dropping" them though if he is taking the comp as seriously as the PL and basing players on what he has seen so far.

Either way, it looks a lot stronger than last year. Forza Spurs!

Tommy Carroll needs to play in this. Hopefully Thudd and Dembele will offer enough physicality. 4-3-3:

Lloris
Walker Caulker Dawson Smith
Dembele Carroll Huddlestone
Dempsey Adebayor Townsend

Leave the youngsters for the league cup, full team with just giving Ade, Lloris and Dempsey a run out.

Lloris, Caulker and Verts should be given some match time together. IMO we should give Gallas a rest and put Caulker in there.

sounds about right.
keep em playing together, zero evidence that this misguided notion to 'rest' players works.

Kalyl said:
Smith is no LB at all, so will have to be the kyle's, I'd also imagine AVB will look at that midfield and say... hmpf, too inexperienced.
Remember the man wants us to win it, and to do so we need to progress to the knockouts :avbshit:

I think either Smith or Byrne have been playing left back for the U-21s so one of them can slot in, but yes both are right-backs.

If we want to win this cup we will have to win our home games in the group stages against Panathanikos and Lazio as both of those away are going to be tough. Maribor we could afford to be more flexible with starting younger players.

Lloris

Walker
Vertonghen
Dawson
Naughton

Huddlestone
Dembele

Townsend
Dempsey
Sigurdsson

Adebayor

Back