Match fred QPR (h) - the Terry Venables derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope we proper muller them, want QPR to get relegated, plus I've never seen Spurs batter a team silly live.

Agreed, really not a fan of they way they have gone about things, it would hilarious if they and Hughes got relegated.

I dont know if its just me but it seems like since AVB has joined we have had a lot more possession than Redknapp days but seem to create less. Maybe it just seems that way as we are seeing a lot of the ball.

An absolute thrashing of QPR would do wonders for AVB and the players though...

I used to like QPR, being my local PL team. With Hughes at the helm and reportedly paying Park in excess of £100K a week, I want them demolished. Also, they were cunts at Loftus Road last season.

Pyro_era said:
since I didn't start this thread, we will lose 4-0

you're ass is on the line here, lonious :bmj:

:kaboullol:

I think it's just that teams have decided to sit back against us more. Towards the end of last season it was similar, our greatest strength we've got is the pace on the wings of Bale and Lennon. If we're already camped in their half of the pitch then they don't have the same impact. And then obviously with Defoe in the middle you can't knock it in to him in the crowded box when you're really trying to force the issue.

Having seen Caulker perform so well last night I really think he should be starting alongside Vertonghen, unless Vertonghen needs to cover LB. He was superb yesterday and was great last season, too....I see no reason he shouldn't start.

Dannyboy said:
Having seen Caulker perform so well last night I really think he should be starting alongside Vertonghen, unless Vertonghen needs to cover LB. He was superb yesterday and was great last season, too....I see no reason he shouldn't start.
Lazio were on the back foot for most of the match though, they didn't really test Caullker and Verts. I think Zamora will be a different proposition...

Éperons said:
[tweet]http://twitter.com/FFScout/statuses/249124671600091136[/tweet]

:smashem:
Similar story against Newcastle on the opening day when supposedly their entire starting XI were out. Think nearly everybody played for them though, that was upsetting..

Dannyboy said:
I don't think Zamora or QPR for that matter will be more of a challenge than Klose and Lazio, regardless of Lazio's tactics.
I do, Klose was all about movement, Zamora will back in to whoever plays and try to 'bully' them.

Caulker is a strong lad who has already had an impressive season - Gallas has looked ropey in his four games this year..of the two I would fancy Caulker to handle the physicality of Zamora better.

So would I acutally, I said that on Twitter last night.

I just get the feeling AVB will plump for Gallas experience for a few games yet.

He's probably mindful of trying to change too much too soon with us.

Back
Top Bottom