Match fred QPR (h) - the Terry Venables derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am so glad that is over. Having Bale at LB is a lot more negative than I thought (and i guess AVB thought). Even after moving him up to LW in the 2nd half we were playing against a highly confident QPR side, was always gonna be difficult. Vertonghen is just something else - i'm still a fucking tripod right now . If it weren't for Cesar, Bale probs would have scored a couple (he must have re-watched the Inter game and realized he'll have to dive for the far post :bale:) Onwards... and upwards 5 games undefeated :)

I only watched the first half, (DAMN VIRGIN MEDIA!) thought we were doing ok until the goal. Jan is a beast. I hope siggy finds himself soon as he is not making me miss Rafa any less :sigg:

Surprised by how many keep saying didn't play well. I thought we looked very good second half, quick with the ball, direct, dangerous and could have won by more. Awful first half, very good second, so decent performance

We still seem to be struggling a bit up front. Siggy still looks lost, Defoe still struggling with this new fangled 'offside' rule thing and he's very isolated without Siggy (though we shouldn't be crossing in to the box for him anyway). I'm looking forward to the return of Ade.

I love Kaboul, but Vertonghen and Caulker are looking really sexy right now...once Lloris is in place too... :ledleylick:

dmartins13 said:
I hope siggy finds himself soon as he is not making me miss Rafa any less :sigg:
I do too. With the amount of business that we did over the summer though, and new players coming through the ranks, I think we'll be alright if Siggy is the only one underperforming. Rafa is still my favorite, ever, but I still firmly believed that he was an extremely streaky player that was anonymous in most games, before popping up and reminding you of his quality every 5th game or so. The Sig is still young, and he's been thrown into a new team and a new setup. He's had a few moments, but from watching him play I think his major problem at the moment is just having no understanding with the guys he's playing alongside. I watch him play and he seems to hesitate a lot, second guessing himself. I was one of the extremely few people who was saying this last week, too. I'm seeing glimpses of quality, but he just hasn't settled in, yet.

That being said, we've got great depth in midfield at the moment and a number of players who can fill in at that role.

[edit]Arrgh. Guys, stop repping me. I've had enough rep today[/edit]

Back
Top Bottom