Match Day Driving/Parking

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You lot all bang on about getting the train but I thought most Yiddos such as myself live in Essex (Chigwell, Loughton, Harlow, up towards Stansted), or at least nowhere near the unfortunately-overridden-with-gooners north London.

The fact that north london is ours, and they should fuck off back to Woolwich is another matter for another day.

Anyway I drive to every match and oft get asked for my pearls of wisdom about how the fuck to get to Spurs without sitting in traffic for ever.

I come off the A406 (west bound) at the little slip road just after Costco and round the little roundabout to the retail park which leads in to Tesco. Don't park there cos they clamped down on us and gave everyone a parking ticket a few years ago. Carry on through and get to Ikea. Tip: you can use the right turn lane to turn left at the Ikea lights on match days and get to that bridge which goes over the train lines.

Park at the Goals car park for £8, walk for 15 mins, get fish and chips off Willoughby road, followed by a pint at the Bill Nick.

I'm quite happy with it but would be interested to hear any other routes people take which include somewhere to park that is safe and hopefully doesn't cost an arm and a leg. We used to schlap down Forest Rd through walthamstow which was a fucking nightmare and park at Bruce Grove. Don't understand why we did that.

Up the Yids.

I'm Chingford and have two places that I park.

Either down Brettenham Rd, Edmonton just off the High Rd, walk down through Angel and to the ground.

Alternatively round the back of the industrial estates of Brantwood Road, just past the controlled match day parking zone.

I always drive down past the North Circular and up through the Tesco, or down past Lee Valley Cinema.

Never pay to park and always find a space.

Obviously I won't now that I've told everyone...shit, didn't think that through.

Get off m25 go past the Lea Valley entertainment place, I go past Ikea and after the first left you turn round then come back over the bridge to avoid the traffic on the right. Little tip I learn't. When driving I park opposite the Bill Nick though, 8 quid. Tarriff Road.

I have a lazy bastard brother and dad who want lifts. Plus I am also a lazy sod and like the nice warmth and comfort of my sleek P reg Megane.

Just thought the site needed a thread along these lines, not just for me but for general use - the Watford away thread, for instance, did actually provide me some useful info for my drive that night. Just giving something back.

coming from Charlie Browns Roundabout in Woodford nip up the A406, off at Crooked Billet then follow Billet Road to Blackhorse Road, down to Tottenham Hale + always park off Lansdowne Road, on Poynton or Roseberry Avenue. After the game I tend to have one (soft drink of course) in the Bell, and or Brewers, so the traffic's gone by the time I leave. There is a complex series of back doubles, including several flats car parks, that gets you out at Tottenham Hale missing the traffic.

fuck I'm knackered after that

Back
Top Bottom