Manchester United @ Old Trafford (Mon 27 Aug)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this a joke? There were still 2 players between Moura and the goal. Wouldn't have even been a card.
No just a bad memory, there are other players close enough for him to have escaped a red but without the foul I believe moura would have got off a goal bound shot, because of his speed.
But I agree it not open and shut

I remember many times us going up there and playing them off the park, only to get done 2-0, people would just say that it showed championship class that they would "grind a win out".

When it's us however...... Not that we should be bothered, take the three points and keep going quietly without anyone mentioning us.

No one has mentioned Dele staying on his feet when De Gea ploughed into him?
Had he gone down it would have had to have been red and a penalty, there was definite contact.

Had he gone down it would have had to have been red and a penalty, there was definite contact.

Nah.

Diving is a better narrative when it comes to Dele then being honest and staying on your feet.

Another thing that happened in the match was Dele being absolutely taken out in the first half and the referee not giving anything.

A few us did mention it at the time but you’re right about the red

No just a bad memory, there are other players close enough for him to have escaped a red but without the foul I believe moura would have got off a goal bound shot, because of his speed.
But I agree it not open and shut

A few us did mention it at the time but you’re right about the red

Lads, there's no red card anymore for a player being brought down when through on goal. The reasoning being it's a double punishment i.e. penalty (90% certain a goal) and a player sent off.

Are you saying that it wasn’t a pen?
Pretty sure he was just saying it would not have been classified as denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, not that is shouldn't have been a pen.

Just to play devil's advocate though. If the ref had blown his whistle.. Should he have given a pen? Or should he have called it back to a few yards out; the first time Jones gave him an elbow to the side and tried to knock him off the ball but Lucas danced away and bounced off Matic?

Pretty sure he was just saying it would not have been classified as denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, not that is shouldn't have been a pen.

Just to play devil's advocate though. If the ref had blown his whistle.. Should he have given a pen? Or should he have called it back to a few yards out; the first time Jones gave him an elbow to the side and tried to knock him off the ball but Lucas danced away and bounced off Matic?
Nah...play advantage for the first one and penalty for second one.

It was a penalty

Lads it’s Ahab.....
Look dammit! I'm not saying we did not deserve to win because we did. I'm just saying the scoreline flattered us.
I actually expected us to win this game. The acid test will be the Liverpool game. Then we will see how good we are.

Back
Top Bottom