Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're gonna get battered. But does anyone care?

This game is a freebie. Battered by injury. Inevitable hangover and a City looking for revenge.

Players like Skipp and KWP should play to give them experience and whilst I don't write off a result, it's unlikely. So let's treat it as such and play with freedom and peace of mind that it's our other PL games that will help us secure top 4. Maybe said freedom will help us.

Brighton on Tuesday and West Ham next week are much bigger games where we have to get results.

-------------------Lloris-------------------
--------Foyth--Sanchez--Verts---------
KWP------Skipp-----Eriksen-----Davies
-----------Dele---------Lucas------------
----------------Llorente------------------

If we scramble a draw, I'll be happy but expect a 3-1 loss. At least it'll fuck the Dippers I suppose.

Both teams will be so mentally & physically drained after todays game, one of us wont turn up.

Wont be surprised to see us battered 3-0 but at the same time could see them not turning up and us getting a draw/close win.

I care insomuch as I can't stand the thought of us not making the top 4. We deserve it. I don't think we'll get a win, but would happily take a point. We need to win out after that.

Both teams will be so mentally & physically drained after todays game, one of us wont turn up.

Wont be surprised to see us battered 3-0 but at the same time could see them not turning up and us getting a draw/close win.
They're home, and if they win out, the take the title right? I suspect they'll be up for this one and we have so many injuries I don't think we'll be able to hang.

My XI for this game:

----------------------Lloris
--------Foyth----Davinson----Vertonghen
KWP------Skipp--------Wanyama-------Davies
--------------------Eriksen
--------------Lucas---------Son

Rest for Toby, Trippier and Dele and guessing Winks and Sissoko are both injured. Son can't play the first leg against Ajax so I wouldn't give him a rest in this match. COYS!

Bizarre this game. Bear with me.

A win is obviously the best result for us but if not then we need to lose but by a small margin.

We need City to go into the United match with the title still in their hands amd giving their all so taking a point from City is fine but I am not 100% sure it is exactly the best for us in the long term..

Will be very interesting what team Pochettino puts out because we have Brighton on Tuesday, which is the game we would expect to win.

76 points is the target I have in my head to get us into the top 4 via the PL.

Back
Top Bottom