Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be massive boost if we can get a win. Follow it up with two home wins and we can probably send the under 23's to Bournemouth before the semi final second leg.

We can hopefully get one or two sent off by getting players like Dele to taunt them the whole game about the dangers of celebrating too early. The sight I particularly wanna see is Llorente scoring then kissing his forearm.

Hopefully some youth players on the bench. Play a decent team but with our injuries we should absolutely have some of the kids there rather than any fatigued players. Really can't afford to lose anyone else

DyaCSEAXQAEUUPl.jpg

Be massive boost if we can get a win. Follow it up with two home wins and we can probably send the under 23's to Bournemouth before the semi final second leg.

We can hopefully get one or two sent off by getting players like Dele to taunt them the whole game about the dangers of celebrating too early. The sight I particularly wanna see is Llorente scoring then kissing his forearm.
Haha can you imagine :levylol:

Back up North of the wall again for this one. I'm expecting a great crowd similar to the one against Man U away. Alot of regular season ticket holders can't be bothered to go so I imagine you will get a younger crowd who are hyped to be there. All bless the gods of VAR and hope for a victory.

like the line up, but cant we put defensive minded midfielders in there instead of Dele & son, also tell them no to cross halfway line
I thought that with their skill they can do effective defensive work and offer an outlet to attack on the counter when city were stretched. One good long ball from Toby and Sonny on afterburners and we could sneak a win

It will be a back 5.

Do not be unduly surprised if Foyth is played alongside Wanyama, if fit as a holding midfielder.

A 5 would see Eriksen, Alli and Skipp (maybe) with Son and Moura up top. I feel Llorente has to be saved somewhat for Tuesday.

If Lamela is fit he might get a berth.

Alternatively we might push Rose into midfield if we go 4-4-2, ahead of Davies.

We have minimal option but again if we can hold them at bay for 15 minutes, you just know Wednesday will come into play.

If we get comfortably beaten in this one, which is more than likely, I'm not going to be crying over it. Although I'm sure that won't prevent some of the usual miserable cunts on here going into full blow meltdown...For me, the Brighton game on Tue night is the much more important game. I'm just treating this as a free hit
This is the kind of attitude you'd expext to hear from fans of a team in a relegation battle, ffs. Not a top 4, champions league semi-finalist.

What the fuck is wrong with us!
Imagine any other top club going to the etihad and treating it as a free hit? Accepting defeat before a balls even been kicked.

And all this just 3 days after they arguably suffered the most crushing result in their history. On the lowest of lows while we're on the highest of highest.

Some of our fans need to give their heads a serious fucking wobble and shake themselves out of this small club, overaachievers mindset.

City 0 Spurs 3

This is the kind of attitude you'd expext to hear from fans of a team in a relegation battle, ffs. Not a top 4, champions league semi-finalist.

Imagine any other top club going to the etihad and treating it as a free hit? Accepting defeat before a balls even been kicked.

And all this just 3 days after they arguably suffered the most crushing result in their history. On the lowest of lows while we're on the highest of highest.

Some of our fans need to give their heads a serious fucking wobble and shake themselves out of this small club, overaachievers mindset.

City 0 Spurs 3

I'm in both camps a bit here.

If we had a full squad (one where players are bought might help) then 100% with you because if we scare them they will sh!t themselves.

Our problem is how depleted our squad is.

So yes, I see something akin to a free hit but also that if we can in any way push them back or play defensively and hold strong, that we could pull off a shock.

I am inclined to think Tuesday's homecoming after last Wednesday will bring a performance to suit.

Hmmm ,

Knocked them out of the CL, and have a chance to just about destroy their back to back PL aspirations. Whilst again, virtually securing a top 4 spot.

Some one else mentioned, my desire for this Clubs success be it any comp, goes beyond my hatred of Pool / Arse or anyone ...

Bring it on I say.

Emotionally I'm not ready for another game after Wednesday night. The league feels a bit anticlimactic now and while obviously I would prefer Spurs to win, the thought of Liverpool winning the title, with the gfs family all being Liverpool fans, is not worth thinking about. I also believe we should have enough to beat WHU, Brighton, Bournemouth and Everton, with 3 of those at home.

Regardless of what I want or don't want I can't help but feel a City side that can bring in the likes of Mahrez, Sane, Stones and Jesus, all rested, is going to have far too much for us given our injury woes and lack of squad depth.

City 0 Spurs 3
Arguably suffered their most crushing defeat, are you fucking serious? Do you have any idea of how shit they were before the petrol prince rocked up?

What are you, 16?

Arguably suffered their most crushing defeat, are you fucking serious? Do you have any idea of how shit they were before the petrol prince rocked up?

What are you, 16?
Their most crushing result. Get it right, old boy. They won on the night 4-3.

Yes, I stand by that. We're not talking about the fans here, we're talking about the team, right?
A team that's just been knocked out of the most illustrious competition in world club football in the cruelest, most dramatic of circumstances ever witnessed on a football pitch at this level.

Their bollocks are on on the floor. There's no way we should be giving them a helping hand up by treating this game as a free hit.

Back
Top Bottom