Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately we need to be economical with our squad in this one.

Loads of players out with injuries and knocks, I don’t want anyone to play who is over extending themselves.

If you look at the fixture list this is one we would always expect to come away with nil points.

And its a 12:30 start oh boy its gonna be like a funeral in there.

Please start Janssen for the lulz.

We need points but I honestly think this like 4-2 City. I mean we just did lose to them 4-3. But one of our goals will be given that VAR would have overturned and it will all be worth it.

KWP-Sanchez-Verts-Davies
Wanyama
Dier Eriksen
Dele
Lucas - Son

**shrug emoji** We need points but Poch also needs to manage this roster for the next 3 weeks. This is the least important of the remaining fixtures.

“City have an unbelievable squad, they can change and rotate the starting 11 and keep the same level on the pitch. With all the circumstances and some injuries, maybe we need to think about playing with younger players, not without experience, but with plenty of energy and keeping the same ideas - to be brave and try to compete.

City v Spurs - Mauricio's preview | Tottenham Hotspur

I can't find any official team news.

“City have an unbelievable squad, they can change and rotate the starting 11 and keep the same level on the pitch. With all the circumstances and some injuries, maybe we need to think about playing with younger players, not without experience, but with plenty of energy and keeping the same ideas - to be brave and try to compete.

City v Spurs - Mauricio's preview | Tottenham Hotspur

I can't find any official team news.
City v Spurs - Premier League team news | Tottenham Hotspur

No Winks.

We need points but I honestly think this like 4-2 City. I mean we just did lose to them 4-3. But one of our goals will be given that VAR would have overturned and it will all be worth it.

KWP-Sanchez-Verts-Davies
Dier-Wanyama-Dele
Lucas-Son-Eriksen

**shrug emoji** We need points but Poch also needs to manage this roster for the next 3 weeks. This is the least important of the remaining fixtures.

I see a similar team.

Though maybe Llorente in there for Son.

I think Poch will see Brighton as the bigger game in all honesty and a bigger opportunity to get 3 points.

I'm expecting to see 5 or so changes from the team that started Wednesday:

Davies for Rose
Sanchez in
Dier in for Sissoko
Llorente starting
KWP for Trippier

OR...

Poch fields pretty much the same team and thinks we can get through Brighton in the week with a rotated squad and that's when we see the likes of KWP, Llorente etc. (Like Huddersfield)

I see a similar team.

I think Poch will see Brighton as the bigger game in all honesty and a bigger opportunity to get 3 points.

Davies for Rose
Sanchez in
Dier in for Sissoko
Llorente starting
KWP for Trippier

OR...

Poch fields pretty much the same team and thinks we can get through Brighton in the week with a rotated squad and that's when we see the likes of KWP, Llorente etc. (Like Huddersfield)
I know Poch doesn't want to back down against Pep, but to me Brighton is a much bigger game. Like I said, we have 3 weeks left until the end of the PL season and 7 matches to play across all comps. You have to pick your shots.

Also, only reason I think Son is starting is because he is missing the first leg in the semis, so I think he plays in all the league matches. That and Llorente looked dead at the end of the match, but to be fair everyone did.

I see a similar team.

Davies for Rose
Sanchez in
Dier in for Sissoko
Llorente starting
KWP for Trippier

OR...

Dier back will be massive.

Poch demands the same no matter the oppo. And we have limited points to play for, it'd be cray to write 3 potential points off just cause it's City. Especially when we have the upper hand psychologically. But I do expect some rotation, if players aren't fit or are too tired he'll play someone else.

Rotation doesn’t mean throwing the game.....we just done them over two legs and for half of that time we had no Kane, Sissoko or Winks.

Dier missed both, Sanchez barely played in either, Llorente came in and did his job, Wanyama played like a lion after years out and being written off, Foyth > Otamendi, Davies and KWP are solid options, Moura and Son at peak levels, Dele’s injury is minor, Eriksen returning to form, Lloris in his World Cup winners suit, two of the best CBs in world football, and the best manager on the planet right now.

Who knows what Lamela, Skipp or even Janssen will do if needed.

Keep writing off the squad, and the bench and the options.....heard it all fucking year.
Still 3rd
CL semis, stuck 4 past Dortmund and City, drew at the Nou Camp, done Inter, and went home to Tottenham.

Fuck em all. Put who you want in front of this team, I couldn’t care less anymore.
Biggest bollocks in football this club has.

KWP-Sanchez-Verts-Davies
Wanyama
Dier Eriksen
Dele
Lucas - Son

No keeper? :sonpoint:

Loads of players out with injuries and knocks, I don’t want anyone to play who is over extending themselves.

If you look at the fixture list this is one we would always expect to come away with nil points.
If (IF) this game gets out of reach, I genuinely wouldn't mind bringing Janssen on. Our schedule is too dense now to run Sonny into the ground.
:pochrolleyes:

My little knowledge of football tends to agree with this video

Poch has had Guardiola's number since way back in his Espanyol days and it really is a classic love hate style relationship between the two.
I genuinely think that while Poch obviously has huge respect for Guardiola, he knows deep down that if he had the resources in terms of player ability Pep has constantly that he would be more than able to beat his teams by playing them off the park. The 2-0 win at WHL in 2016 was the only time in all the meetings between the two I would say that Poch had superior playing personnel to Pep, and we absolutely ripped them to shreds that day.

The fact our squad is an underinvested mess doesn't alter the fact there's a vital 3 points to play for. We need them just as much as City.
And the with their pride and bollocks currently dragging on the floor this should be seen as a huge opportunity to kick them when they're down.

Strongest possible team you can muster, please, Poch.

Back
Top Bottom