Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last night broke me.

My smartwatch says I got 6 hours of sleep but no way is that correct. Every joint is aching, head hurts, soar throath. My body has shut down from sheer joy and I will gladly take this illness. It is worth it.

Ajax are better than either team's performance on the night tonight, frankly. They are a mountain to climb and will be an absolute cauldron of an away leg.

It's a fucking Champions League semifinal, who would have it any other way? To Dare Is To Do.
Any team who puts out Real Madrid AND Juve in consecutive rounds deserve to be taken deadly seriously...
Likewise, anyone who put out B.Dortmund & Mnan City would've made people sit up and take notice!!

Who in their right mind could see an Ajax/Spurs semi when the Qtr. Final draw was made??

MORING YIDDOS! How was yer night??

Any team who puts out Real Madrid AND Juve in consecutive rounds deserve to be taken deadly seriously...
Likewise, anyone who put out B.Dortmund & Mnan City would've made people sit up and take notice!!

Who in their right mind could see an Ajax/Spurs semi when the Qtr. Final draw was made??

MORING YIDDOS! How was yer night??

Mate it's absolutely marvellous that either Tottenham Hotspur or Ajax are going to be in the final of the Champipns League. Teams with excellent traditions, similar philosophies and passionate fanbases. I like the respect both teams have for each other. I also believe we will beat them over both legs and will be in the final in Madrid this year. We have a huge chance as I think our attitude is better than that of Real Madrid's & Juves.

A tough game but a wonderful thing to experience. Best of luck to whoever comes out on top

D4ZihCzW4AAOshf

CE, gesturing to his new club he'll me them in the Limo out the front? He is playing like he is on a constant yellow, scared to challenge and only putting 70% effort. You might say he does great things but even a broken watch is correct twice a day, sure he puts in the occasional decent pass but we're the sum of ALL of our parts and don't have the luxury of coaster, everyone needs to give 100%. Spent a few minutes of the game last night just watching him. Disgrace, look at the shift Ali put in, Vic and Sissoko, those boy gave everything.

Poch can see this so it makes me wonder if he is still suffering from his stomach issues which means he can't over exert himself. That or the club has decided the impact on his transfer fee by not playing is too large to be overlooked and the fee has been promised to Poch... seems a stretch though.

Just don't get it.

Had a houseful of football-hating in-laws here last night, so watched the match in our bedroom with four cans and a shitty old tablet. Went for a piss in injury time, wife came in as I'm stood there cock in hand with the tablet balanced on the cistern, just as Sterling "scored".

The two minutes that followed were the weirdest of our marriage.

Oops fuck you BT.... :sonlol:

D4anIx6WkAAgY8u
Where's the problem, it's Danny Rose isn't it...?
:roseunsure:

Ohhh.... I see what they've done there!
Probably posted it the second Sterling 'scored' their 5th, but before VAR kicked in!!

:lennon::dawsonmean::baletroll::bentley::crouch::harryhmm::ledleylick::mong::allitongue::tobyarm::eriksenlol::hugoshock::roseunsure::sonpoint::vert::wanyama::pochohshit::levylol:

...and oh how that night I 2010, and last night privide a perfect story arc...
At the time, I and many others thought THAT was the pinnacle, just REACHING the CL for the first time was enough for many... we celebrated reaching the 'Holy Grail' ....
Fast forward 9 years, and we've repeated the trick WITH FUCKING BELLS ON AND A CHERRY ON TOP!

been a long time since I've had to pace around the room whilst watching Spurs... my wife came in with 5 mins to go, saw the Sterling goal and witnessed the pain on my face, her reaction was telling, she left the room in silence – clearly concerned and saddened by what she had seen.

The game was a complete roller-coaster. We weathered the storm with pure grit and determination, with a make-shift team and things going against us but we kept on battling. I will never forget Ali telling the players to 'come on', pumping his fist... this is what we're all about.

Llorente has been a true professional. Not many chances but I feel he has really found his place in this squad. When we need help, a long ball target man, calm and willing to get stuck in. If he is happy with this role I would like him to stay another couple of seasons – he certainly has it in him

That is manifestly unfair. NW1 was owned by SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur . I understand you don’t like him, but let’s not descend into barefaced lying. Anyway, what happened to your suggestion of a love in? With personal feuds put to one side? It’s depressing to arrive home after one of the most epic games I’ve ever seen and see the same old shit going on. Honestly, you and ArcspacE ArcspacE should be ashamed. You two have literally ‘disagreed’ with every one of his posts for the last 3 weeks - that must be pretty annoying. I’m sure if you stop being so childish he’ll stop laying into you. Honestly, you bring it on yourself.

I can’t read any more of this shit - it’s so embarrassing. A mate of mine joined up tonight and was astonished at the negativity and bitterness on here - he won’t be back. I can take you mocking me, but Spursdem is a sensitive lad, and you really need to lay off - especially on one of the greatest nights in our history. It’s such a shame.

The Forum drunk has made an appearance

Feedback I’ve had has been good riddance as he’s been on here starting cunt offs all over the place since he came back from his last suspension

He’s poison and you know it when you’re sober!!
We all have cunt offs on here and I can take the abuse like anyone else but he crossed the line making obscene remarks about my wife like he did about NW1’s mother
You know that this is true Joe

So to come on here defending him is disgraceful even for you

So stop lying

You showed your true colours recently saying how pleased you were that your father died, how much you hated him and what a tyrant he was

A few of us saw that post before you deleted it in shame and then tried to pass it off as a joke!!

A joke

Could say a lot more but will leave it at that

Suffice to say and I’ve said it before
leave me alone and I will do the same but you just can’t can you ?

The Forum drunk has made an appearance

Feedback I’ve had has been good riddance as he’s been on here starting cunt offs all over the place since he came back from his last suspension

He’s poison and you know it when you’re sober!!
We all have cunt offs on here and I can take the abuse like anyone else but he crossed the line making obscene remarks about my wife like he did about NW1’s mother
You know that this is true Joe

So to come on here defending him is disgraceful even for you

So stop lying

You showed your true colours recently saying how pleased you were that your father died, how much you hated him and what a tyrant he was

A few of us saw that post before you deleted it in shame and then tried to pass it off as a joke!!

A joke

Could say a lot more but will leave it at that

Suffice to say and I’ve said it before
leave me alone and I will do the same but you just can’t can you ?
ENDED

When their 5th goal went in I turned it off, went straight to the match thread on here to let off some steam and just saw 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA', I was rather confused.
I was hiding in the pub toilet and it came up on my phone that City had scored ,so i decided to be brave and went and stood with my mates again.Then god answered my prayers and sent his second son VAR.
I was a tadge happy

Last edited:
Calling Poch a bottler and blaming him every time we concede is very ungrateful.
It's like there are some people who are waiting for any failure to put all the fingers on the man :pochfacepalm:
I believe we are in a position now to put our feet as a Tier 1 club in the world. We really need to build on what we have achieved so far.
We already have the best stadium in the world and one of the best managers. That means we can attract any player we want.

COYS!
Show the talent at Ajax who they should want to sign for.

Back
Top Bottom