Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't not start the guy who got a Premier League hat-trick 5 days before.
This is what worries me. Poch would almost certainly have been thinking ahead to this match as soon as the first leg finished. It's likely he would've been formulating his likely line-up and game plan straight away, and picked the team for Huddersfield with that in mind. I don't think it's a stretch to imagine Lucas wasn't in that starting line-up, and I'm not overly keen on Poch binning off his plans to accommodate somebody off the back of a performance against one of the poorest teams in Premier League history.

Don't get me wrong, Lucas was great on Saturday and I'm really happy for him, but we shouldn't mess things around to fit him in, just because of that performance.

I guess I could be way off, and he didn't play Moura against Huddersfield just because he was resting Sonny. It's possible that he also wanted to give him game time ahead of starting on Wednesday night, but if Poch has done something like that then I can't help but feel it would've been more for Llorente, who desperately needs game time if he's going to be effective against City.

We won't be able to press them from the front line if we start with Llorente, he's not effective defensively. We need to press and harass their buildup play which is their main forte.

Llorente is far more effective against the more traditional EPL teams, I do expect him to feature more but not against Citeh I reckon.

I am almost certain Llorente will start. Whether it’s alongside Son &/or Lucas remains to be seen, but he will want a long ball outlet/hold up player to take pressure off the defence and give them a handful to worry about.
Let’s just beat this lot and put them back in their box.

I am almost certain Llorente will start. Whether it’s alongside Son &/or Lucas remains to be seen, but he will want a long ball outlet/hold up player to take pressure off the defence and give them a handful to worry about.
Let’s just beat this lot and put them back in their box.
Well it's obviously going to be Son the way he's playing and the fact that he didn't play Saturday! Probably be llorente with him. And moura on bench. Unless Alli's only fit enough for bench. Then team picks itself.

I can see the benefits of both systems v City.

Llorente can hold the ball up, and give us a crucial out ball that we'll need, seeing as that lot will be tearing into us from the get go. It also means that Hugo can boot it long (like the other day), and it might not come straight back.

He can also score. Very good in the air, and a decent touch too. That control and volley onto the bar was so nearly a spectacular goal.

We've also started to run off him or collect the ball from him. He gave a very neat short ball on the edge of their area that should have been a goal, and of course the first goal was him shielding and turning the defender.

He's very adept too at the flick on for the likes of Son to run through from.

Against that there was the time when they came to WHL with 6 wins out of 6, Kane injured, and Son played out of his skin and we beat them 2-0 and missed a pen to make it 3. That was a fluid 4, with Dele, CE, and Lamela. Lucas for Lamela? Lucas also gets up very well, and he could provide flick ons for Son too.

I think Llorente will start.

Fuck Man City, fuck pep, fuck there Oil
Money! Fuck Fernandinho whether the cunt plays or not, fuck there plastic fans, fuck there shitty atmosphere! Play without fear and we will be in the semis!

Rigid 442 with Lucas and Llorente up front.
Sisoko and Dele in the middle. Son on right rose on left with Ben behind him. Eriksen benched.

We will go through I think, just please Poch not 3-5-2

If winks is fit 433 but I don’t think he is?

Fuck Man City, fuck pep, fuck there Oil
Money! Fuck Fernandinho whether the cunt plays or not, fuck there plastic fans, fuck there shitty atmosphere! Play without fear and we will be in the semis!
Stay the distance, the oil will run out, Pep will have an extended little room break and we will the game, it is written!

This is what worries me. Poch would almost certainly have been thinking ahead to this match as soon as the first leg finished. It's likely he would've been formulating his likely line-up and game plan straight away, and picked the team for Huddersfield with that in mind. I don't think it's a stretch to imagine Lucas wasn't in that starting line-up, and I'm not overly keen on Poch binning off his plans to accommodate somebody off the back of a performance against one of the poorest teams in Premier League history.

Don't get me wrong, Lucas was great on Saturday and I'm really happy for him, but we shouldn't mess things around to fit him in, just because of that performance.
Harry and Dele's injuries may force that issue.

Back
Top Bottom